Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Main Discussion Thread

Default Re: LotR's Silmarillion (main discussion thread)

Hi!! I'm new in this forum, but i follow this mod since it was the lotr tw, some people could remind me, like Bardo, TRanky or Adri, good luck all and i hope see you again.
    Greetings.
    Be welcome and feel at home, please

Sevilla or Betis?

Peredhel, the above picture is about how the pukel men were in FA? or something worst?
    Last edited by Milner; October 14, 2014 at 06:48 PM.

I won't say worst since I kinda like the Bee Gees !

I said about their look, not their music...

Default Re: LotR's Silmarillion

Yes! Brilliant. I have LOTR's Total War, and The Fourth Age as well. This is going to be magnificent!

Thanks!, we hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Milner View Post
    Thanks!, we hope!
    This will surely be an awesome mod. Just take your time, and it will rock our world !

This will be an amazing mod! I've been following your project for several mounths on Moddb and I'm glad that you are constantly posting news on this page, too. Finally someone has the courage and the will to tackle and finish such a mammoth project like the Silmarillion!

I have two questions. Lately I had an attack of First Age Middle-Earth fever (yes, it's your fault!! ), and I read that in his last years Tolkien wanted Amrod son of Fëanor died in Losgar. This you have taken as canon, or be alive?
    Moreover, what heritage going to give Gil-galad? He will be the son of Fingon or Orodreth?

I believe we're going with the earlier version for Amrod, where is alive and well ruling with his brother over some lands West of the Blue Mountains. In regards to Gil-Galad, he will be Orodreth's son. Orodreth, in turn, will be Angrod's son.

will be an amazing mod! I've been following your project for several mounths on Moddb and I'm glad that you are constantly posting news on this page, too. Finally someone has the courage and the will to tackle and finish such a mammoth project like the Silmarillion!
    Many thanks and be welcome to our official forum!

I read that in his last years Tolkien wanted Amrod son of Fëanor died in Losgar. This you have taken as canon, or be alive?
    He'll be alive as the other sons of that great noldor...

In regards to Gil-Galad, he will be Orodreth's son. Orodreth, in turn, will be Angrod's son.
    I must correct you...Gil-Galad will be son of Fingon and Orodreth will be Finrod's brother (you can't see in the family tree because everyone has a independent family).
    I said in the development forum too, the mod is based in the earlier version published.

Thanks for answering!

Default Re: [Preview] Units

Hi everyone I'm new here.
    I would like to discuss about the character of Galadriel; I know that you haven't already decided if she will be present or not in the game, but I personally think that she would make the game complete, because she plays an important role among the other 'Royals' of the Noldor. Not to mention her great powers, both physical and spiritual, that made her be regarded as the most powerful woman of the Noldor.
    Don't you think that the House of Finarfin will be incomplete without her? The other two Houses have their 'General Leaders' like Fëanor and Fingolfin, while Finarfin remained in Valinor and will be 'available' only in the War of Wrath.
    I know that there are some problems about the RTW engine concerning the female characters, but, if you think about it, the important thing is that they look like women, even if the game doesn't recognise them as women; can't you place upon them some restrictions about marriages, genealogical tree and other things to make the illusion that they are female characters?
    If you really decided to put them in the game (only the essential one like Lúthien, Melian and Galadriel) I would portrait Galadriel as a warrior princess of the Noldor, with a golden armour, she wouldn't be of course as strong as her brothers.
    Just some opinions that I wanted to share Everything is obviously in your precious hands

This is the concept I was talking about, it's a concept of the Weta Workshop for The Hobbit trilogy

We will discuss later how she will be present. I'm strongly for it but if we can represent her departure (as a choice for the player ?) to the West. And that's a great concept indeed and lore-accurate as well. A pity it wasn't in the movies...

At least if we don't put her in the campaign she can be included in the cutom-battles later.

I support too her presence, and I appreciate that you do as well
    I strongly stand for her 'permanent' presence in the campaign, otherwise the House of Finarfin will have 'only' three, though great, leaders (Finrod and his brothers). We know that Galadriel is not like Melian and her daughter, she is very physically powerful and strong (one of her names is Nerwen, she has this 'Xena' element), to the point that Tolkien once compared her to Fëanor. I would in fact put her as a golden-armoured warrior (on feet or maybe on a white horse) that can lead her people in war.
    But you are the creators, and you have to decide

P.S. I'm sorry but I don't understand the 'Return to the West' thing. Doesn't she decide to move to the East, after the War of Wrath?

Lord Somewhere Out In Space's Avatar Civis
    Lost in the wide savage country of the Franks.

@ the team :

Well, that picture das diese nette Walküre shows us looks pretty like the friend of mine I already gave you a picture, isn't it ? She's more beautiful than that drawing in fact...

Yeah, yeah, we get it. You have a pretty female friend. No reason to be boasting around .

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Somewhere Out In Space View Post
    @ the team :

Well, that picture das diese nette Walküre shows us looks pretty like the friend of mine I already gave you a picture, isn't it ? She's more beautiful than that drawing in fact...
    You have to thank the Weta Workshop, apparently they did their best with this picture; it's like they made it for this mod
    By the way you then have a beautiful friend

it's like they made it for this mod
    I don't think, first because they don't know us and we don't know them, second, and the most important, because there are not female characters playing a important role (generals) in the mod...as i said a long time ago (giving reasons) , and third, because Weta work is not between the major influences on concept art to make the models, we must give thanks to many other people (many of them of this site) before them...

otherwise the House of Finarfin will have 'only' three, though great, leaders (Finrod and his brothers).
    Why???...there are other families in the realm that have options of take the control if the royal family falls.