Thread: Main Discussion Thread

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: LotR's Silmarillion

Quote Originally Posted by Milner
    Thanks for your kind of words .
    You're most welcome. You deserve them.

Thanks for your reply.
    Good thinking. I guess playtesting the game once is almost done will show you how much you can script without killing the playability of the campaign. I'm sure there will be many who would love to try a beta version and give u feedback once one is available.
    Happy new year!

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Ehy you, this is really a great great work!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    I'm so excited to wait the finish of this incredible work!
    I'm not a good modder(I've not already work in a team, only mod buildings, descr_strat, unit for my own in medieval II mod, Rome and Alexander total war)...but I'm a great fan of Silmarillion(and read it yesterday )..so if you want an hand I will surely and happily give you :]
    Continue this way!

Inviato dal mio GT-I8160 utilizzando Tapatalk

If you have any skills on modding, you are more than welcome...send me a pm (to me or Nelduin), please, with the work that you would like to do .

I'm sure there will be many who would love to try a beta version and give u feedback once one is available.
    Sometimes i have serious doubts about this...

I guess playtesting the game once is almost done will show you how much you can script without killing the playability of the campaign.
    Right, and if all the scripts works well...a lot of scripts may be a big problem of stability to the mod.

I agree with Milner regarding the fact that there wouldn't be many people eager to do beta-tests for the mod. I think there would be quite a few players aiming to have an early access to the mod, but the reality is that there is not many people that want to help tracking bugs. I was one of the beta-testers of LotRTW 3.0, and on 15-20 testers, only 5-6 really helped Bardo and Seth to test the mod. Most of the others never gave signs of life after downloading the beta .

Anyway, Milner sent me the files, and I will begin the work on the new previews in the next days . Maybe some of you have preferences regarding the first faction to be previewed?
    Last edited by Nelduin; January 01, 2014 at 09:39 AM.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Right, we only want people with commitment to help us, nobody is obligated to join us...
    That's true, i see the beta testing forum and it was really sad.

The factions previews posted are only a minor part of them...there are a lot of units still to see...

Sometimes i have serious doubts about this...
    I'm quite new here (about a year) so you guys certainly know better about this. I do know one thing about myself though. I will certainly try whatever version is released first and i can get my hands on. Because of my huge love of the books i simply won't be able to wait

Maybe some of you have preferences regarding the first faction to be previewed?

My personal favourites are the elves of the First Age especially the Noldor and the ones that went to Gondolin with Turgon.

As you were asking for comments, the first thing I noticed is that the House of Fingolfin has only one cavalry unit, and that looks to be melee, though they were famed for there horsed archers (they drove off a young Glaurung). Even Doriath has two, and the Laiquendi (who should, lorewise, be nearly entirely archers) have three, and a couple of the Edainic house have five. I also notice that the Sindar seem to be using long bows for their archer units, lorewise, they preferred shortbows. Longbows could have been for more specialized units such as marchwardens. Doriath does not seem to have any spear units either. It is nice to see that the Sindar do have axes. People often miss that the axe was the preferred melee weapon of the Sindar.

I'm quite new here (about a year) so you guys certainly know better about this. I do know one thing about myself though. I will certainly try whatever version is released first and i can get my hands on. Because of my huge love of the books i simply won't be able to wait
    Don't worry, supporters of the mod are in the first line to be beta testers .

the ones that went to Gondolin with Turgon
    My favourites

Even Doriath has two, and the Laiquendi (who should, lorewise, be nearly entirely archers) have three, and a couple of the Edainic house have five. I also notice that the Sindar seem to be using long bows for their archer units, lorewise, they preferred shortbows. Longbows could have been for more specialized units such as marchwardens. Doriath does not seem to have any spear units either. It is nice to see that the Sindar do have axes. People often miss that the axe was the preferred melee weapon of the Sindar.
    Thanks for the info...
    Yes, many people miss the real look and fight style of First Age's elves (and men). But we can't be 100% closed to the lore on this, some factions need a plus about their units (only a plus...to have a few more of variety on their units, not to be wrong with Tolkien's lore), if not they'll be too much weak...or with a tree of recruiment too much short. I'm trying to balance this...to every player may be happy with the units (and had a good units' selection playing with their favourites factions).
    the first thing I noticed is that the House of Fingolfin has only one cavalry unit, and that looks to be melee, though they were famed for there horsed archers (they drove off a young Glaurung).
    Yes, i read this too...and i feel that's a contradiction, as many others that i did find (geography, genealogy...).

While Nelduin work in the next previews, here you can see some pics of the last mod's test (start of script and some new traits):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This map is not the mod's map...it was the map that i was using when this was still a personal mod .
    Last edited by Milner; January 02, 2014 at 07:10 AM.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice, looking good.

Great ! I love the new interface. Can't wait to see the real map .

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

I love the new interface.
    It's not this...

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

What would you guys expect from beta-tester?

Report of bugs or mistakes and their opinion about the balance of factions...nothing that nobody can't see playing the mod (as in other mods) .

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

Quote Originally Posted by Milner View Post
    Report of bugs or mistakes and their opinion about the balance of factions...nothing that nobody can't see playing the mod (as in other mods) .
    I did some beta-testing for The Sundering mod. I am also testing DragonDawn mod, for over two years. If you ever need someone to test it, shoot a PM. I'll be glad to help.

I asked because some guys when they say, test, they search for coders that can fix bugs. I don't know how to do that.

I asked because some guys when they say, test, they search for coders that can fix bugs. I don't know how to do that.
    Nope, that's my work ...the tester only must play the mod searching for bugs, mistakes (text mistakes too, my english is not to be happy) and CTD's, and if they want, give their opinion, suggestions or ideas for a better release and gameplay...that's all, they don't need any skill as modders .

I did some beta-testing for The Sundering mod. I am also testing DragonDawn mod, for over two years. If you ever need someone to test it, shoot a PM. I'll be glad to help.
    Ok, i'll sent you a pm soon...
    Last edited by Milner; January 02, 2014 at 03:58 PM.

Please Tell Me WHen The Mod Releases iam Really Need TO know when ur mod realeses i really like to try it & Good Work Brother sometimes you Modders becomes better then Who Dev the game they're selfs

When it'll be finished, never before or later...

Maybe these words above sounds rude, but i can't say you one thing that i don't know ...there are a lot of things to do, to fix, to test...

Thanks, i don't think that the games' developpers have the blame of a bad game release, i'm sure that they try to do their best...but there are a lot of things related with games' companies that they can't management as their would like...

New loading screen example :

New Battle Standards :

New Faction symbols :

New portraits :