Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Main Discussion Thread

Default Re: LotR's Silmarillion

This would be really awesome!

I do see a couple of RTW-related problems. The map would be pretty much divided in good an bad factions, that might cause some impossible wars between allies :p!

I have often wonderded how movies/games about the first age would look like, so REALLY looking forward to it!

Alliances are scripted (i need to test in a long campaign), and victory conditions are different to every allies factions...anyway, along the First Age many allies fight between them, elves realms were not too much united (specially the feanorians) and the friendship between sindar and noldor wasn't strong in these days. The same with the dwarves...

About the map, it isn't finished...but is not a small map, there are space to every factions without dangerous neighbours (allies) in the first turns...

Hmm I guess that's true . What about the girdle of Melian and hiding Gondolin? I'm guessing that's beyond modding...
    But in general I'm wondering how the campaign would go . Where will you start for example(in time)? And...well it would have to be a pretty much impossible campaign for the 'good side'... Although they would control a big part of the map.

And for battles, difficult balance of Balrogs and Dragons!

But again, really looking forward to it!

The girdle of Melian i think that's impossible to improve (perhaps via script, but i'm not sure)...or perhaps improving only a few pass/fords to Doriath's regions (with forts in these pass) may be a solution (not very good).

About Gondolin, i have on mind include 7 forts before the city, along the Hidden Pass...with big armies into them. But the "hidden" to the other factions i think that is not possible to improve (or perhaps yes...i have some ideas that i must test before speak too much about this).

Campaing's date is still not fixed, i would like since year 1 to 587 FA...to see on game all the important characters, but perhaps it's too much time.

impossible campaign for the 'good side'... Although they would control a big part of the map.
    Yes, they had all the regions that were under their possesion on Tolkien's Silmarillion (not fantasy realms), don't worry. Really do you want a impossible campaign?

And for battles, difficult balance of Balrogs and Dragons
    They are actually in game and i must say that are very difficult to defeat, but not impossible...the evil factions (Angband/Morgoth and Sauron are very strong and powerfull).

I can't believe I'm finally seeing a mod about First Age with such high progress ! Don't give up, I wish you the best for the next of the development. I will create a dedicated thread about it in French TW forums . Keep it up !

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Thanks, Nelduin

It's a honour to me if you open a thread of this mod in Mundus Bellicus, many thanks again.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool mod! Looking forward to it.

Good job Milner!
    Nice to see your first age mod progressing so well.
    It is immpresive the amount of new units, I like a lot how they fit each other.

Such project would deserve his own subforum, we could request it later if you want. Until then, I think I can give you moderator rights if you request to join to the lotrtw development team (similar procedure than joining the betatesting group).

Here you are : http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/s...l-War&p=177925

I will update the thread everytime you update this one. Keep it up !

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Thanks guys!!

Nelduin, if you need something (more info, screens or other things), tell me, please.

Bardo, nice to see you again.

I think I can give you moderator rights if you request to join to the lotrtw development team (similar procedure than joining the betatesting group).
    Done.

Nice to see your first age mod progressing so well.
    It is immpresive the amount of new units, I like a lot how they fit each other.
    The units are finished (95%...+-), only a few (here and there) to improve, untill a next rework of evil factions.
    About the progress of the mod, i'll update the open thread with the real progress, the things that are finished and the things still to do...a lot of things, by now (but with some progress everyday).

Such project would deserve his own subforum, we could request it later if you want.
    Well, as this is a LotR's submod (and i never did one), i don't know if a subforum is allowed...at your own risk, my friend.

I would love some battle screenies and a preview of the campaign map, if possible .

Battle screens...ok, no problem
    About campaign map, is not finished (actually the mod is working with the original LotR map -reworked for my personal use-)...but i'll try to post something related.

until you sure?
    The blood you want to install in Rome Total war?
    I fidne it is not appropriate so pretty pure

Well, as this is a LotR's submod (and i never did one), i don't know if a subforum is allowed...at your own risk, my friend.
    You know better than me how the forums are administrated. I thougth that we might request a subforum as we did for the betatesting, even if the submod have nor been released.
    Anyway, I have accepted the request to join development group, I suppose you can moderate the whole forum now.

Anyway, I have accepted the request to join development group, I suppose you can moderate the whole forum now.
    Yes, i can

You know better than me how the forums are administrated.
    The true is that i forgot all the things related with a forum administration, nobody wants the rol of "the bad man"

I thougth that we might request a subforum as we did for the betatesting, even if the submod have nor been released.
    Ok, if is better to LotR is better to me. Yes, the mod will been released, as Westlmana said...i have the determination to make the mod/work

Edna, the blood addon is nothing too much bloody...don't worry.

Edited the open thread, with mod progress and a little change on the factions list (suggested by a member of Mundus Bellicus).
    Added previews of the Swarthy Men factions (both factions are very similar in concepts).
    Last edited by Milner; November 24, 2013 at 04:53 PM.

Congratulations Milner! I definitely feel that you would make to be an excellent new member to the development team! And thank you Bardo for this.

Yeah, I agree that a sub-forum may be appropriate for this since it's the first time that such a large project had been made on the basis of LOTR-TW,
    it definitely deserves this in terms of scope and amount of work related.

Great to see so much progress been made lately, can't wait to see more of this awesome mod! Keep up those good work guys!

Congratulations for the work. It is really impressive

you know how you want to balance the same faction?
    Because the Edain fraction probably are not exactly strong

Congratulations for the work. It is really impressive
    Ups!, i didn't knew that you was a TW Center user...good thing .

you know how you want to balance the same faction?
    Because the Edain fraction probably are not exactly strong
    Yes, the edain in First Age were not too much strong (except the hadorians).
    Every faction has a different style of fight, it depends of the unit of every faction...so if you play with the laiquendi, you can't fight a open battle against a faction with heavy units (Angband or noldor's factions), because your units are too much weak in melee fight (poor armours), for example.

Good to see you here, Falconwatch .

Yep. I'm on both site because I'm also a modder (als LotR mods, but for Medieval II Total War). But I also love Mundus Bellicus, perhaps because you can know almost everyone, and also it is less an usine (it is far easier to find something). I should next time think about giving suggestions here.