Thread: Blue Lotus files by any chance?

Default Blue Lotus files by any chance?

The EOD II mod team expressed gratitude to the Blue Lotus team (Hoggy in particular) for the opportunity to use and modify some of the graphics from that mod. Sadly, all the Blue Lotus download links are not working, so I was wondering if members of the EOD II team might still have copies of the Blue Lotus downloads (to include the Rinsui update, if possible)?

Posting those would be greatly appreciated!
    EBII Council

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Blue Lotus files by any chance?

Sadly I don't... Try pm'ing Makanyane, long shot but she might....

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Sadly I don't... Try pm'ing Makanyane, long shot but she might....
    Worth a shot - I'll give her a PM when she returns from vacay. Thanks!
    EBII Council

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

Not a team member and just see this mod but:

I think I still have that mod. No guaranty here so don't be hoping so much guys. I'll take a look at my hard drive when I get home.

In my laptop right here I only stored the following things:

1.models_unit folder which stored all of Blue Lotus units models which can be use at will
    2.models_missile folder which stored all of the exotic missile of the mod
    3.Some of its text files including descr_units, model_units...
    Last edited by nhinhonhinho; November 13, 2013 at 02:03 AM.

Blog Entries

You might want to try asking Wild Bill Kelso too, he was a big fan of Blue Lotus iirc..

OK here's the working link for Blue Lotus. I got it from the old threat of VNsharing forum

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oq...+Lotus.zip.001
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/z8...+Lotus.zip.002
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/tt...+Lotus.zip.003
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4...+Lotus.zip.004

Note:
    1.Download them all in the same folder
    2.Join them (I'm using join and splitter)
    3.Now you get another zip file. extract it and you get another folder which store the mod's data

Quote Originally Posted by nhinhonhinho View Post
    OK here's the working link for Blue Lotus. I got it from the old threat of VNsharing forum

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oq...+Lotus.zip.001
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/z8...+Lotus.zip.002
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/tt...+Lotus.zip.003
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4...+Lotus.zip.004

Note:
    1.Download them all in the same folder
    2.Join them (I'm using join and splitter)
    3.Now you get another zip file. extract it and you get another folder which store the mod's data
    This is great, thanks!

Edit: Best of all, this appears to be the complete up-to-date version containing Rinsui's fixes. Great find!
    Last edited by Kull; November 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM.
    EBII Council

Tiro

The download went perfect, but I don't get the mod to work.

1) I installed the "Blue Lotus" file into my RTW file and created a shortcut to the "Blue Lotus"file.
    Result: I got a RTW splash screen (no!) and a new file was created inside my RTW file called "Blue" with a "preferences" and a "saves" file.

2) I put the "Blue Lotus" file inside the "Blue" file and renamed both files ("Blue" to "BLTW" and "Blue Lotus" to "data"). I also adapted the shortcut.
    Result: I got a Blue Lotus splash screen (yes!) followed by a ctd (many problems with .cas models).

I surely did something wrong. Personally I think Blue Lotus was not meant to be used as a modfolder. The .cas models I read do exist, but I think the finding of the .cas models is the problem.

Was Blue Lotus meant to overwrite a copy of RTW (or a copy of RTW without data file) or what should I do to get it working?
    Last edited by The_Judge; November 16, 2013 at 01:49 PM.
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown

Blog Entries

Doesn't look like it was ever mod-foldered.

Try installing to a clean version patched to 1.5. There doesn't seem to be any version patched higher than that..

Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
    Was Blue Lotus meant to overwrite a copy of RTW (or a copy of RTW without data file) or what should I do to get it working?
    Halie is correct. The mod was never fully released beyond an interim Beta stage, but by all reports the Rinsui updates removed the worst crashes and improved the gameplay. Try the original install instructions from Hoggy's opening post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoggy View Post

VERY IMPORTANT INSTALL INFORMATION:

1. Install clean version of RTW (NOTE BL overwrites RTW so best to make a seperate copy)
    2. Download and install patch 1.3 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
    3. Download and install patch 1.5 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
    4. Download Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool. http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?act=mod&id=43 or http://files.filefront.com/fileparse.../fileinfo.html
    5. Copy the contents of the unpaker into Data/packs in your clean version of RTW 1.5.
    6. Run the .bat file and let run completely. this may take a while. After its done you'll see a new data folder in the packs directory.
    7. CUT or MOVE (not copy) this new Data folder and paste it over the root Data folder allowing it to overwrite everything. NOTE: There should be no Data folder left in Packs.
    8. Go back to the packs folder and rename all the pak files remaining (except the patch_0 and patch_1) You can just rename them with a couple of xx in the front ie sprites_1.pak rename to xxsprites_1.pak
    9. Download Blue Lotus and copy it's Data folder over the Data folder in the root.
    10. Install music patch (see readme in music download for install instructions)
    11. Run Rome, go to Imperial Campaign. Enjoy. REMEBER TO SAVE BEFORE EACH TURN. Random AI crashes can occur in this version.
    12. Please report bugs at the Blue Lotus subforum.
    EBII Council

It's not modfoldered. You will have to make a RTW copy and copy the achieve on it.

Also as far as I concerned there're several problem for this mod

1.It have campaign mod but just a map and the faction, nothing more. Also every single units initially appeared on the campaign map are weird manikin!
    2.Some units cause crash: the Camel rider, the Terracotta soldiers...
    3.Musics and pictures are rather scary to me !

Anyway the mod team must be very creative for this mod, they have the most exotic stuffs here like daemons, missiles and texture.

PS: ppl should give me rep for the link . It's a bit harder to get than you may think.

Quote Originally Posted by nhinhonhinho View Post
    It's not modfoldered. You will have to make a RTW copy and copy the achieve on it.

Also as far as I concerned there're several problem for this mod

1.It have campaign mod but just a map and the faction, nothing more. Also every single units initially appeared on the campaign map are weird manikin!
    2.Some units cause crash: the Camel rider, the Terracotta soldiers...
    3.Musics and pictures are rather scary to me !

Anyway the mod team must be very creative for this mod, they have the most exotic stuffs here like daemons, missiles and texture.

PS: ppl should give me rep for the link . It's a bit harder to get than you may think.
    Rep given, and well deserved, I might add. You not only found the "unfindable", but it was the most up-to-date version. Hoggy and company took a major step forward in developing this unique, but sadly incomplete, vision (but well worth a look for that reason alone).

Which adds even more lustre to the accomplishments of Halie and makanyane in taking the equally revolutionary EOD II from concept all the way through to release - and support beyond. That my friends, is something special!
    EBII Council

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Rep'd
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post

Which adds even more lustre to the accomplishments of Halie and makanyane in taking the equally revolutionary EOD II from concept all the way through to release - and support beyond. That my friends, is something special!
    That's kind of you to say and I'll not disagree (though the innovating was almost entirely Makanyane)..

To be fair though Hoggy was way way ahead of everyone when he release BL' (to my memory he created the mod alone, I don't remember there being any team) and a lot of the RTW bugs in his releases had been ironed out by the time myself and Mak started EoD, coincidentally a lot of the ironing was done by the fella above...

Had Hoggy con't another year I should think BL would have been a highly polished mod.. Iirc Hoggy went on to mod another game, I forget which but I remember him making some very high end 3d models of elves (something like that)...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
    The download went perfect, but I don't get the mod to work...
    Yea, lots of problems trying to get Blue Lotus to run and even if you do manage to get it running (definitely needs the separate RTW install) the custom battles are really the only thing that actually works with any level of reliability.

The mini-mod I did for Hallie and Makanyane's End of Days mod actually began out of my wanting to be able to play a proper BLTW campaign. Initially, I had been considering just trying to copy over all the working units and factions from BLTW into a more stable campaign map but ran into several snags with some of the more complicated BLTW coding as well as .cas files that ONLY wanted to be part of BLTW and refused to work anyplace else.

I also remember seeing a forum thread at some point in the last few years about someone wanting to resurrect and finish the Blue Lotus mod but unfortunately I can't seem to find it anymore and have no idea if that idea ever got off the ground.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Hoggy did do some concept art for ME:TW --> http://www.chamber-of-records.com/gallery/hoggy/

I wonder if those very high-end models of Elves would still be around? (they are not the ME:TW Elves, afaik)
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Blog Entries

I doubt it, unless you can get hold of the man himself....

I just had a quick look through the BL forum at the Org, seems all the old BL threads were trashed at some point... *Shrugs..

I think there was a thread/link to what he moved onto after BL/NTW2...
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; November 18, 2013 at 12:20 PM.

.cas files that ONLY wanted to be part of BLTW and refused to work anyplace else.
    You probably run in the following things

1.The .cas was designed to run on BLTW's unique skeleton
    2.You changed the name of the .cas. Sometimes doing this cause error and I still don't know why!

BTW I have some question. BLTW have many good skeleton and I want to add them in my mod (I have BL team permission). How can I do that?

Also a bit curious question. Is the Lycan Rising's team have mapper?

Blog Entries

I did the concept for it, Mak did all the hard work and created all the details... There were a lot of design features I wanted, the various islands, the mountain passes, the forbidden lands (volcanic region) the forests of the north, the wonders the totems, the many rivers which create natural barriers, Mak really came up with the goods..
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; November 18, 2013 at 07:39 PM.