Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Julii Scipii Battle Video

Last edited by simmy.uk; September 30, 2006 at 03:22 PM.

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: julii scipii

I'm sure thats really good, some of the best angles I've seen, but you need to do these in better quality reolutions, I couldn't see a thing. Also try using one of the mods with better skins those vanilla ones are horrible, try SPQR or RTR, then your videos would be awsome!

PS. I love the operation ownage video!
    Last edited by Vanquisher; September 24, 2006 at 03:52 PM.

I used fraps, and was getting an average of 12 frames per second. That was the best I could get using fraps considering I was using 100 fps setting.

Next video I will use tga in game saving. That is mean't to give you 30 frames per second.

cheers I made that ownage video that day I got fraps. All the footage shot over only 2 rounds.
    Last edited by simmy.uk; September 24, 2006 at 03:57 PM.

My favourite video is 'charlie's point'.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J1kFa8YAzLU

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Julii Scipii Battle Video

Edited title to be more clear on the contents of this thread.

Nice video, try taking out unit banners next time though

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by simmy.uk
    will you be making more videos? btw awesome video lotr music rocks
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

man is there a video capturer like fraps out there that doesnt take so many fps

I think there may be one by quicktime but I'm not sure. If there was another one I don't know if it would be any good, or better than fraps. Fraps is a kind of breakthrough program.

Casius Cherea's Avatar Libertus

splendid
    for me music made this
    keep going make some more

Spart's Avatar Senator

Okay, nice. Why don't you just put these in same thread, would be a lot easier for viewers.. Also quality could be better. But anyway, keep doing them. Really inspiring.
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard

Thanks.

Quality isn't the best because the frames per second was low and the movie wasn't in the best resoution for youtube. Hopefully I'll get these issues sorted before my next video.

thanks for the feedback

SnArF|D's Avatar Semisalis

Nice music. Lord Of The Rings style music.
    Quality could be better...but well done none the less.

You really need to keep the camera still more often. A couple of camera sweeps is okay, and can be cool, but a constant rollercoaster around the battlefield is only confusing and annoying (and nauseating ).

Furthermore I felt your video lacked a "good side" and a "bad side". As a viewer I want to feel something, I want to care - watching your video I just saw blue guys beating up red guys and vice versa and despite beautiful (but unfortunately somewhat unfitting as it only brings my thoughts to LotR) music it didn't get to me. To provoke sympathy and interest from the viewer you should try telling a story. Maybe one army is really small and worn out and in generally miserable condition while the other is large, well equipped and confident. Obviously this would make us feel for the small army. Then, when the little guys in the end manage to win against all odds we jump from happiness Also try being constant in which army advances from which direction (left or right). This is a crucial directing technique. Usually (but not necessarily) the good guys should come from the left (psychological thing).

There are some really nice shots too (especially like the raven or eagle or whatever at the start) but much room for improvement. Keep at it And yes, using the movie utility to render TGAs is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by quadrille
    You really need to keep the camera still more often. A couple of camera sweeps is okay, and can be cool, but a constant rollercoaster around the battlefield is only confusing and annoying (and nauseating ).

Furthermore I felt your video lacked a "good side" and a "bad side". As a viewer I want to feel something, I want to care - watching your video I just saw blue guys beating up red guys and vice versa and despite beautiful (but unfortunately somewhat unfitting as it only brings my thoughts to LotR) music it didn't get to me. To provoke sympathy and interest from the viewer you should try telling a story. Maybe one army is really small and worn out and in generally miserable condition while the other is large, well equipped and confident. Obviously this would make us feel for the small army. Then, when the little guys in the end manage to win against all odds we jump from happiness Also try being constant in which army advances from which direction (left or right). This is a crucial directing technique. Usually (but not necessarily) the good guys should come from the left (psychological thing).

There are some really nice shots too (especially like the raven or eagle or whatever at the start) but much room for improvement. Keep at it And yes, using the movie utility to render TGAs is a good idea.
    Relax, it was his 1st attempt lol...its ok to give advice, but you must have watched it a good 10 times just looking for an excuse to nit pick.

maybe you could make stories in each of the movies that all connect with characters?
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Just offering my thoughts, and advice on how to improve. My apologies to simmy.uk if it came out harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by quadrille
    Just offering my thoughts, and advice on how to improve. My apologies to simmy.uk if it came out harsh.
    Well it was constructive criticism, so you really have nothing to apologize for.

Once again that was excellent i loved the way the camera was set up and the music just completed it

10/10

Thanks.

It's in the correct/best resolution for youtube, so the video quality is far better than the last movie I made.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast