Thread: Lowering kill rates/melee hit chance/ raising morale? ie making battles last longer?

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Default Lowering kill rates/melee hit chance/ raising morale? ie making battles last longer?

This mod is great, the best battle mod as far as I'm concerned. It returns a feeling of order to the battles, does exactly what it says on the tin in fact.

The battles do last quite a bit longer, but I'd really love to have 30 minute long battles.

So would editing the kill rates and hit chances, and raising morale be a good way to go about doing this? I presume it would.

If so, could someone direct me to the files that would have to be edited?

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Lowering kill rates/melee hit chance/ raising morale? ie making battles last longer?

I've actually already really lowered the hit chances in the kv_rules. Morale can be found in the land_units tables, but something else you can try, but I don't really know how much this would affect things, is doubling armor values in the unit_armor_types table.

If you want, try this, doubles the armor values. http://ge.tt/7CzD6Iy/v/0
    Last edited by 'Gunny; November 10, 2013 at 12:06 PM.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Lowering kill rates/melee hit chance/ raising morale? ie making battles last longer?

Thanks . I found a compatible mod that does it: "Alpha Realistic Battle Times"

Battles that lasted 2-4 minutes now last 10-11.

Is there a way to simulate a unit type being hit less like from mobility? I don't want to add to melee defence,though that would probably sort of work because the point is lower armor being faster. It has to be specific to particular units. Let me know if you think of something.

I'd like something like this mod, though I want slower infantry and decreased arrow accuracy and distance based on bow type like recurved bows, there is a mod with some of these features but it wasn't working. Also something that makes formation attack have the advantage because with vanilla I get better results turning it off. Maybe a lite version of this with just long battles formation attack fixes and armor stopping arrows and realistic unit speeds. The testudo should not get chewed up by arrows.
    If you know of something like this that works and doesn't have way more features I'd be grateful.