Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classic Total War Recruitment (Patch 13.1 and DeI compatible!)

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Classic Total War Recruitment (Patch 13.1 and DeI compatible!)

Even though CA chose 1 turn to represent 2 years in Medieval II: Total War they still had the classic recruitment time system in place. However, in Rome II they decided to have all units (with the exception of about 4) to be recruited in 1 turn. This mod aims to replicate how recruitment worked in the previous Total War games. Instead of every unit being recruited in one turn, now units have recruitment times based off of their class. I intend to constantly tweak the recruitment times based not only off of class, but the type of unit as well.

NOW DEI COMPATIBLE, LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST. PLEASE DIRECT ANY DEI RELATED QUESTIONS TO THE APPROPRIATE THREAD.

-Recruitment Times-
    Light - 1 Turn
    Medium - 2 Turns
    Heavy - 3 Turns
    Ship Artillery - 2 Turns
    Cheiroballista - 2 Turns
    Large Onager - 4 Turns
    Giant Ballista - 4 turns
    Scorpions - 2 Turns
    Ballista - 2 Turns
    Onager - 2 Turns

-Changelog-
    -V2-
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Artillery recruitment times modified

-V3-
    Ship Artillery times reduced to 2 turns.
    Made compatible with the latest patch (Hotfix for Patch 11).
    CiG and HaTG compatibility.
    Removed recruitment caps on all units that had them.

-V4-
    Gaete, Pirates and Raiders compatability

-V5-
    Patch 13.1 Compatibility

-Screenshots-

-Future Plans-
    Attempt to work with modders of Unit Packs to make compatible versions
    Have different types of units (Cavalry, Spear, Sword, Axe, Ships, Artillery, etc...) have their own independent recruitment times based off of the Light-Medium-Heavy system.
    Add in recruitment limits on elite units

-Release Notes-

Version 1 Release (November 8th, 2013)
    Version 2 Release (November 8th, 2013)
    Version 3 Release (April 4th, 2014)
    Version 4 Release (May 27th, 2014)
    Version 5 Release (June 17th, 2014)

-Incompatibilities-
    Any mod that changes the recruitment time of units.
    Mods that add units are not yet supported
    IlluminatiRex's 4TPY Balance Mod

-Get around Incompatibilities-

Download Mitch's Mod Manager (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...CA-Launcher%29). Use that to enable and disable mods. Using the arrows in the launcher click on this mod and use the up arrow until it is at the top of the list. Now the turn times from this mod will be used over the recruitment times from other mods. Hit Launch from Mitch's Mod Manger and hit Play in the official Total War Launcher. You will know if his Mod Manager worked because you will not be able to select the official Mod Manager.

Last edited by IlluminatiRex; June 17, 2014 at 10:12 PM.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Classic Total War Recruitment

Bump to say that the mod was updated today and I cleaned up the OP a bit.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.

Do you plan on making a compatible version for overhaul mods such as Divide et Imperia?

Citizen

Blog Entries

I would have to contact the creators of those mods first. However, in the future I am planning on contacting and working with other modders, DeI included .
    Last edited by IlluminatiRex; April 05, 2014 at 10:26 PM.

Nice to hear, can't wait try it out.

I downloaded a reduced replenishment rate mod because I was annoyed by the replenishment rate in the default game. The side effect was that, once your faction has enough gold, it simply becomes more expedient to raise new units then wait for decimated units to replenish themselves. This is a great fix to that issue.

However, this mod seems to seriously mangle AI recruitment, at least for some factions. I restarted the game and fast forward a few turns each time just to be sure, but the Etruscan League, for example, basically stops recruiting (whereas without the mod, they will at least recruit spearman, almost as quickly as I can) to put up a fight.
    Last edited by yupper; April 07, 2014 at 05:43 AM.

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

The AI wont generally spend more than 1 turn recruiting a unit. :/

Citizen

Blog Entries

Yupper, I'll have a look into that and report back to you when I get the chance.

Same with you Black9, I'll ask around with some of my more AI savvy friends what they think, and I'll have them test it out as well. This is most certainly a WIP, and I hope it can definitely work as it would add some much needed risk to the army system.

Citizen

Blog Entries

An update: the AI will spend more than one turn recruiting units. I finally got a chance to sit down with HaTG, and spied on a nation I was at war with and they recruited units which took 2 turns to recruit (that was the highest level unit they could recruit). I'll obviously do more testing, but for now it seems to work as intended.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Version 4 uploaded. Pirates and Raiders + Gaete compatibility patch.

Citizen

Blog Entries

I noticed earlier today that the version I uploaded caused crashes with the new patch. I have updated the link with a working version. I was in a bit of a rush when I posted that, sorry for the inconvenience!

Sounds really amazing. keep up the good work. Hopefully this will be a very popular mod once you get it rolling with popular mods.

Good I want my old Medieval style total war I thought shogun was getting back to that....

Citizen

Blog Entries

Thank you to the both of you! Do you guys have any suggestions as where to go, other than working with mods like DeI?

well we tend to choose hard difficulty level and trust me as u r getting nailed u just cant wait 3 turns to get your heavy infantry but I would have to try it out though.

andry18's Avatar Tiro

good job

Citizen

Blog Entries

First off: Wow! Can't believe my mod was featured on the homepage of TWC! Pretty happy about that! In addition, I have my final exams next week. After that, I will be able to update the mod much more, not just compatibility patches. It will be an exciting and fruitful summer!

Quote Originally Posted by neoiq5719 View Post
    well we tend to choose hard difficulty level and trust me as u r getting nailed u just cant wait 3 turns to get your heavy infantry but I would have to try it out though.
    Trust me, the extra challenge and planning that has to go into your fights will be well worth it! Personally, I feel that it compliments the limited army system extremely well. So don't be afraid to give a campaign or two a go with it

Quote Originally Posted by andry18 View Post
    good job
    Thank you!

If i remember correctly, in Rome 1 and Medieval 2 the recruitment didn't take more than turn aside for certain elite unit and one turn was half year (in Medieval 2 at least)

Citizen

Blog Entries

I recently checked, and Medieval II is 2 years per turn (It covers a large time period, so I would expect something as such). There's nothing wrong with having 2 years per turn, it's just strange as to why they would switch the system up for this game. As well, most units take more than 1 turn to recruit, in R1-S2. Only a few, low level, units took one turn to recruit. Which is why I decided that I wanted something similar to the older games, as it made it more difficult to build up forces, and with the new army system of Rome II, losing an army can really mean something.

My bad, anyway the mod looks interesting .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast