Thread: Mounted Unit

7hillip's Avatar Libertus

Icon5 Mounted Unit

Does anyone know how to mod an Infantry unit into Calvary? I know how to dismount but i need to know how to mount units, thx

Default Re: Mounted Unit

How well do you know your way around editing unit meshes and models?

If you know how to dismount units it should be pretty simple, just in reverse. The only real hurdle is giving the unit a primary weapon if your infantry unit lacks one (e.g. a lance), as you would have to splice one in. It's usually easiest to a) remove your infantry unit's weapon, b) find an existing unit like a knight, take his primary and secondary weapons and merge them onto your infantry unit. Here are tools with which you can do this (pardon if you're already familiar with them).

If your infantry unit already has primary and secondary weapons (like an archer, for example) and you would like him to have the same weapons when he's mounted, OR if you only want him to have a primary weapon, you don't have to do this at all. Just make sure to assign him the right animations and attributes for mounted combat in the modeldb and export_descr_unit files (again, it's usually easiest to copy and existing unit's entry and change it to suit your needs).

Also I'd recommend searching through the Mod Workshop subforum, lots of tutorials and threads on various modding stuff, including things like this.
    Last edited by Surgeon; November 08, 2013 at 02:41 AM.
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

Icon5 Hand Gunner Mounted Units

Does anyone know how to make Mod Hand Gunners into mounted units? i want to mount them onto the SE Late Bodyguard Horses, Does or has anyone done this? can this be done? thx

Icon4 HOW TO MOUNT UNITS

Does anyone know how to mount Hand Gunners onto SE Late Bodyguard armored horses? or how to mount Aztec Units onto Elephants?

Default Re: HOW TO MOUNT UNITS

Spanish Dragoons from the Americas campaign would be a good place to look for Hand Gunners on horses. I think it's a silly idea simply due to a horse moves about and that could easily blow out the match.