Thread: Revenge of the Latins - A Purely Cosmetic Roman Mod (Updated for Patches 7 and 8)

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Default Revenge of the Latins - A Purely Cosmetic Roman Mod (Updated for Patches 7 and 8)

REVENGE OF THE LATINS - A PURELY COSMETIC ROMAN MOD

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Revenge of the Latins is a purely cosmetic, appearance-altering mod for the Roman faction. I decided to make it in order to make the Roman units appear more epic, armored, and cinematic looking. I added greaves, cloaks, different helmets, different armors, and different shields in unique combinations in order to make almost every unit look different and special. This mod won't conflict with any other mod, so long as the other mod does NOT edit the Roman unit appearance. Mods that edit unit stats, sizes, etc. are fine. This mod uses all vanilla resources so it does not take very long to download, as it is only a small .pack file (<1MB). This mod was inspired by my Revenge of the Semites mod.

Some changes in particular are:

• All officers have cloaks and greaves now.
    • Early units, especially Triarii and Equites, have Greek equipment (e.g. equites have hoplon shields, Triarii have crested Thracian helmets in addition to their Italo-Corinthians)
    • Many units have different helmets and armor to increase their variety (e.g. segmentata on Legionary cavalry)
    • There are a lot of changes to appearance that I don't have the time to mention

This mod is compatible with my other 3 mods, as the Revenge of the Ancients collection on the Steam Workshop. I now exclusively use Steam Workshop to release my mods, since it is a thousand times easier to update. Sorry if you don't like the Workshop.

THIS MOD IS: SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE, COMPATIBLE WITH FACTION COLOR MODS, AND UNIT MODS THAT DO NOT EDIT VANILLA ROMAN UNIT APPEARANCE

IF THERE IS A CONFLICT REPORT IT IN THIS THREAD

DOWNLOAD LINK
    Last edited by Geleco; December 27, 2013 at 03:08 PM.

Default Re: Revenge of the Latins - A Purely Cosmetic Roman Mod

Capes should no longer be yellow now.

Default Re: Revenge of the Latins - A Purely Cosmetic Roman Mod (Updated for Patches 7 and 8)

Updated for Patches 7 and 8. Because of variantmeshdefinitons restrictions that were added with the new patches the mods may not work entirely as intended, but it should not be a noticeable change and there will not be any compatibility issues.