Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: {DIK} Sreenshots

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Default Re: {DIK} Sreenshots

Just open the image in your google account, right click on the image and choose 'copy image address'.
    Use this link as the url address for the image

I hope, that was not too confusing for you?!
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Okay, hopefully they are all visible now. Thanks for the pointer.

EDIT: I have reason to believe the pictures are still not showing up (though they are perfectly visible in my own browser). If anyone can confirm this, I'd be much obliged.
    Last edited by Cyprian2; August 24, 2016 at 08:22 PM.

I am afraid they are still invisible...
    You could do one more thing, share the google image and allow everyone who has the link to watch it.
    Otherwise, I'd recommend this http://www.directupload.net/index.php?mode=login image hoster here.
    After you have uploaded your image, use the 'hotlink' as reference
    Last edited by Aneirin; August 26, 2016 at 03:04 AM.

Ugh, this is frustrating. Thanks, Aneirin, for the tips, etc. Unfortunately, the screens will have to wait until I have more free time, but rest assured I will get them up there eventually.

Just play-testing the current campaign with the Bentivoglio of Bologna.
    Everything goes well, so far

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Best regards,
    Aneirin

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    Ugh, this is frustrating. Thanks, Aneirin, for the tips, etc. Unfortunately, the screens will have to wait until I have more free time, but rest assured I will get them up there eventually.
    Just use Imgur, bro, it's easy and reliable. I'd argue it's the most stable image hosting site around, being heavily tied to Reddit (unlike crap hosts like ImageShack that make your pictures unusable after like a year or so, holding your content hostage for third-party hosting until you pay them).

Also, I just want to commend Iskar and Aneirin for sharing their most awesome campaign and battle map images for this mod. I've been playing Stainless Steel, SSHIP, Europa Barbarorum II, and Third Age Total War a lot these days, but never actually played this beautiful mod. I'm foolish for ignoring it all this time! It looks amazing! That's +1 rep to the both of you.

https://imgur.com/a/nG63CJy

Things sure have changed a lot after four (or more?) years since I last played the mod. Picked up 5.0 earlier, loving the changes & looking forward to the final release in whatever form it comes in. No fancy pike and shot formations here, just enjoying the excellent armour and weaponry (very unique, especially the spears!) and showing off some bugs everyone is probably already aware of - the Borghese generals going a bit overboard on armour polish and their Condotierri apparently contracting out to the Moors
    I'm a few turns in as Siena, suffered the Borghese rebelling right after I captured a northern neighbour's city and an empty rebel town to the south-east but put them down fast enough (their armies being entirely Condottieri - any chance for some other mercenaries? Dismounted and crossbow variants perhaps, it was very odd to siege a city with nothing but mounted units inside it) before saving and bowing out at an annoying M2 situation - the northern enemy decided to try and take back one of their forts, sieging it and allowing me to bring up reinforcements in two groups, only to find that despite making sure I should be able to command all units on the field, one army of the three refused to walk onto the map fully & give me control. A shame, I was looking forward to a desperate scratch-force battle against the enemy and his reinforcements.

Awesome pics!
    Thank's for your contribution!

Really enjoying the Ultimate release, thanks for persevering on this.
    I'm about 9 provinces away from winning a game as Siena, I think on M/M. The Pope just ruined my fun by allying with the French, so now I have to hunt down the Spanish island territories instead - luckily, next turn Vienna declared war, then retreated after I rushed up my garrisons to reinforce besieged Firenze and it's fort.
    This screenshot showcases the impenetrable swarms of Mediterranean pirates that plague the seas, the Islamic slave trade has been the real winner for this game!
    i think it has something to do with the lack of naval recruitment options until the lategame - I was relying on the occasional mercenary galley until my coastal settlements grew enough (and even then, travelling in a mixed fleet of built and mercenary galleys, I'm still in danger of my island possessions being cut off, nothing short of a full stack will do at this point!).

I'm also finding that my Island and French possessions, at least at their current levels, do not have any garrison (free upkeep) troops which might be in error?
    There's also some odd rules governing what is and isn't counted as garrisonable/free upkeep, which has resulted in some odd things like cities entirely manned by local South Coast crossbowmen as Provisionati aren't counted, and pike-only garrisons without Arquebusiers (specifically thinking of the Siena Chiusi).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345