Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bug Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bug Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Silven View Post
    Hmmm... this isn't the first time I've heard of this bug. So there must be something to it.

Were you able to recruit them later? Like the turn after you finished researching the tech?
    Are you using any other mods?
    In my case once the upgrade was done what I described is the going on. I am unable to recruit and other units like specifically my favorite the hastati are gone and unable to recruit.

List of my mods is below:
    Traits, talents, and toadies (TTT)
    Agent cards redone (if you are not familiar just brings in more faces for the agents)
    Better siege weapons, equipment and fort walls (Textures)
    Better Deployable (increases amount of deployables 8 balls instead of 4)
    Total war camera mod
    cloud removal
    better horses, elephants, dogs Texture pack
    Stronger Unit Highlight
    Silven total expansion
    Silven total improvement

Quote Originally Posted by doyce7 View Post
    Hey I had this same bug and I was able to recruit them once I got to the next military tech. Keep playing on and get the next tech and it should be fixed. It was a blessing in disguise for me, made those few turns hard. I used the time and money build a better economy.
    Oh it is making it very hard.. but fun! Even with those troops I was able to upgrade basically my whole army had a lot of money stored up. But this mod has made the other nations aggressive it seems at least playing as rome.. Turn 75 I have the boot and got carthage down to 2 small pointless settlements.. Arverni are pain in the butts.. They are aggressive, massive armies, never go away, can't create peace with them, can not gain any momentum, and having issues gaining control. The Liguria own all the top of my boot.. and can not be persuaded into liking me.. the little Celtic states are all joining on with the Arverni to attack Rome..

I have tried to stay out of the north as this has happened last go with Rome instead went to south to take carthage out.. but Arverni just hate me and always want to kill!

Love your mod Silven making the game fun again thanks!

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by themule08 View Post
    In my case once the upgrade was done what I described is the going on. I am unable to recruit and other units like specifically my favorite the hastati are gone and unable to recruit.
    Once you research the tech that upgrades your units to Legionaries (Remuneration Reforms), the Legionaries REPLACE Hastati and Principes. So you aren't supposed to be allowed to recruit hastati. It works this way in vanilla too (except the tech is Cohort Organization).

Quote Originally Posted by Silven View Post
    Once you research the tech that upgrades your units to Legionaries (Remuneration Reforms), the Legionaries REPLACE Hastati and Principes. So you aren't supposed to be allowed to recruit hastati. It works this way in vanilla too (except the tech is Cohort Organization).
    Gotcha guess back to original bug then of not being able to recruit legionaries. Once I get to the next research in military will let you know.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by themule08 View Post
    Gotcha guess back to original bug then of not being able to recruit legionaries. Once I get to the next research in military will let you know.
    Ya if you've finished researching Remuneration Reforms and you can't recruit Legionaries at all, then that's a bug and that's not intended. I'm looking into it now as we speak.

Hi Silven!
    I have the same problem
    I might be missing something since first time playing as Rome with your mod. It is wonderful by the way! On VH getting attacked all the time still have yet to see AI use upgraded units but they are aggressive.

Anyhow the issue I found.. in tech tree where it allows you to upgrade/recruit legionaries. It completed the research had one turn to upgrade.. next turn can't upgrade can not recruit and level 2 regular barracks unit options were cut in half. No legionaries to recruit nor Hastati or Rorarii.
    I tried this method
    Hey I had this same bug and I was able to recruit them once I got to the next military tech. Keep playing on and get the next tech and it should be fixed
    And now I do not have the Roman cavalry barracks.
    Infantry have.
    To test, I left only mod STIM
    With mod Close Combat and Radious battle, all ok.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

I finally managed to track down this bug. Thank you to everyone who reported it, a hotfix will be released within the next 30 minutes.

I should probably apologize in advance in case this bug is not related with your mod but I was thinking it might be something you could solve. I was defending as an army in fortified stance and every single time my fort towers are bugged, they don't fire at the enemy at all and their icons are displaced over the map, I'm attaching a link to a screenshot below so you could get a better idea. I'm using no other mods what so ever, only STIM 3.42 and I am running the latest update. Screenshot (notice the icons of the towers on the right side of the screen): http://i.imgur.com/UmQ2F0O.jpg?1

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseW01f View Post
    I should probably apologize in advance in case this bug is not related with your mod but I was thinking it might be something you could solve. I was defending as an army in fortified stance and every single time my fort towers are bugged, they don't fire at the enemy at all and their icons are displaced over the map, I'm attaching a link to a screenshot below so you could get a better idea. I'm using no other mods what so ever, only STIM 3.42 and I am running the latest update. Screenshot (notice the icons of the towers on the right side of the screen): http://i.imgur.com/UmQ2F0O.jpg?1
    I think I have experienced this as well.

@Kshar did you find a way to fix it, I tried reloading saves several times and I couldn't get it to work properly...

No. But I was not in fact experiencing the same bug. Firing from towers is irregular (which may be a separate issue) but I didn't have the issue with the displaced icons. Apologies.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

@Cheesewo1f
    I think your issue is an isolated one on your end. I've done nothing to mod the UI or icons.

Default Bug Reports & Technical Help

Deleted
    Last edited by fingersmith; June 08, 2014 at 05:37 AM.

Not sure if a bug or not, having trouble finding other info on it but my Wardogs seem to be attacking a unit and after the unit scatters, routes, dies, etc the dogs seem to just stop moving/attacking. If a unit runs over them they'll attack, but otherwise they just sit there doing nothing. Sometimes they come back to life, but mostly not. Such a waste.

I'm not sure if this is a problem related specifically to this mod or the AI in general, but: I was sieging Carthage (the city) as Rome. Carthage has about a full stack's worth of troops, south of Karalis on transports. I was expecting them to land and reinforce the city, but they just sat there in patrol stance. I noticed similar behavior with the Etruscan's, even when they were down to their final city. It seems like a waste to have an army patroling the seas. Is removing that ability for only transports an option?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12