Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports & Technical Help

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Default Bug Reports & Technical Help

Please use this thread to report all bugs and to make requests for help concerning technical issues.

This is where I will provide the majority of tech support, so please be sure to post your technical problems here.

Also, be sure to thoroughly read the features list and changelogs before posting a bug report, as what you are experiencing may not be a bug and may have already been covered. Thanks!

Default Re: Bug Reports & Technical Help

I don't think this is a bug with STIM, but something's up, and STIM is the only mod I use that changes this table, so I thought I'd ask here..

I'm getting overly tired of fighting "siege"-battles against the minor settlements, so I thought I'd look up that mod that changes the chance of a field battle to occur when assaulting a minor settlement.. to my surprise it had been discontinued since CA had "fixed" it already in a patch, so I checked what "minor_settlement_field_battle_percent" in campaign_variables_tables was set to.. and again to my surprise it was 75.

I can't even remember the last time I got a field battle instead of these boring sieges, so something seems to not work correctly with this percentage.. I even tried to set it to 100 and I still got a siege, not field battle.

Anyone else having this problem?

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

By default, CA has this number set to 50. I've increased it to 75, as you noted.

But you have to remember that this percentage only applies to Minor City Battles Without A Port. If the siege in question doesn't contain all of these variables, then the battle will always be an in-city siege.

Aaah, I had missed the port-part of that equation, yes I have only attacked port-settlements recently, that's obviously why, thanks for clearing that out.

Then I got another water-based, probably not your doing-bug/feature I'd like to ask about.. Ships, the artillery ones, ballista and onager. In my campaign they don't have the option to fire anything else but simple rock/stone, but land based ballistas and onagers have fire pot or the dead rat option as well. And in custom battles the ships have the same fire options as on land, it's just in the campaign they only shoot rock..

Shouldn't they be able to use those fire shots at sea? Or did you remove them for the same reason the flamming spears disappeared into history? I tried to mod some fire shots options into my ships, but failed.. only managed to get them to always fire flamming shot, didn't get the toggle switch as on land..

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

I haven't experienced this, I'll look into it. Thanks for reporting.

Hi there Silven,
    I've been enjoying your mod since version 1.4 I think. Great job and keep it up. Hopefully you are not gonna diverge too much from the core game like some other mods. Now my problem is a small but an annoying one. I've tested this with Macedon and Seleucids so far but I think every helenic culture has this bug. Temple of Ares does not give its +1 to spear infantry bonus once you go up to tier 3 and 4. I've looked at DB and I see that there are entries for the bonus but somehow it does not apply. Aside from your mod the only other ones I use are Splenyi's camera mod and Dresden's sack&liberate mod.
    Thank you kindly for any assistance you might provide.

Hi again....Can you at least tell me if this is a vanilla bug or not ?? I mean you could at least give me that you know

VirusITA's Avatar Tiro

The mod is not compatible with the new patch 7 beta.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Silven View Post
    Please use this thread to report all bugs and to make requests for help concerning technical issues.

This is where I will provide the majority of tech support, so please be sure to post your technical problems here.

Also, be sure to thoroughly read the features list and changelogs before posting a bug report, as what you are experiencing may not be a bug and may have already been covered. Thanks!

Hi Silven,

I'm having trouble getting this mod to work. I've tried going into Steam, going into the Mod workshop, and clicking 'Suscribe' to your mod. It says that the mod should then download automatically, but when I try to start the game, I get an error message saying 'Rome II has encountered a problem and needs to exit'.

I don't understand why it's not working? Your mod appears in my 'mod manager' selection and I have the box ticked. It doesn't appear to have downloaded anything. I'm very confused and don't understand it. Do I have to download the game separately? Or is Steam supposed to have done it for me? So confused.

Thanks

This mod hasn't been updated for quite sometime, Silven seems to be focusing on RL stuff. Best bet is to leave it and try one of the other mods that are compatible with the new patches ca have released.

Aram Kurdo's Avatar Tiro

is this mod compatible with patch 9?
    because it crashed at startup for me

no it is not compatible, the creator has been offline for awhile and has not updated it.

Is STIM 3.0 compatible with patch11 HATG?

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

STIM 3.0 is currently compatible with Patch12, which is the current patch release from CA. This information is available in the Main Download Thread.

Found a bug.

Not sure if it is a STIM bug or CA bug.

Often unit without attack order but in combat does not affected by fatigue at all.

How to reproduce:

1. Order melee infantry to move to enemy unit (with right mouse button+drag formation over enemy unit position).
    2. Unit will move into position and start fighting due to enemy soldiers present inside its own ranks, but it will not be affected by fatigue at all, for unlimited (?) amount of time.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Sounds like a vanilla bug, but I'll see if I can reproduce it.

I might be missing something since first time playing as Rome with your mod. It is wonderful by the way! On VH getting attacked all the time still have yet to see AI use upgraded units but they are aggressive.

Anyhow the issue I found.. in tech tree where it allows you to upgrade/recruit legionaries. It completed the research had one turn to upgrade.. next turn can't upgrade can not recruit and level 2 regular barracks unit options were cut in half. No legionaries to recruit nor Hastati or Rorarii.

Not sure what happened hope you can give insight.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Hmmm... this isn't the first time I've heard of this bug. So there must be something to it.

Were you able to recruit them later? Like the turn after you finished researching the tech?
    Are you using any other mods?

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by themule08 View Post
    I might be missing something since first time playing as Rome with your mod. It is wonderful by the way! On VH getting attacked all the time still have yet to see AI use upgraded units but they are aggressive.

Anyhow the issue I found.. in tech tree where it allows you to upgrade/recruit legionaries. It completed the research had one turn to upgrade.. next turn can't upgrade can not recruit and level 2 regular barracks unit options were cut in half. No legionaries to recruit nor Hastati or Rorarii.

Not sure what happened hope you can give insight.
    Hey I had this same bug and I was able to recruit them once I got to the next military tech. Keep playing on and get the next tech and it should be fixed. It was a blessing in disguise for me, made those few turns hard. I used the time and money build a better economy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast