Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: {DIK} Discussion

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Default Re: {DIK}Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    Where does one recuit more merchants?
    Just, where you reruit them normally, also in banks.

Love the idea for the campagining script. Makes one more cautious when conducting a war.
    That's right. We had to find a way to represent the mercenaries during italian wars and this is the result of it. Glad you like it!

Trying Florence as M/M for my first playthrough. What are your suggestions for difficulty settings Neadal?
    A quite good choice for beginners in TIW

Some hints:
    First of all follow the order to conquer Pisa, on your way conquer Volterra as well. Then built a port and secure/conquer the cities of Arezzo and Siena, but be careful with Siena. As you can read in the info event, some cities are harder to conquer than others. To secure the Tuscany, conquer Grosseto as well as Piombino. After that take controll of the Island of Elba and try to conquer Lucca and built a silk factory. In the meantime try to arrange some alliances with venice, pope and milan. So that you can focus on gaining control of the Tuscany. After that, you can invade Corsica for example
    One more advice, be sparingly and do not let your armies walk outside the cities if you don't need to, waste of money!

Hope that will help you

Cheers

P.S. There is also a Battle Beta
    Last edited by Aneirin; July 21, 2014 at 12:36 PM.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Thanks Neadal. Good info! Really a well done mod with many small features that you don't see in many other mods.

Thank's for your praise, mate!

For the upcoming version, we have more than doubled the amount of events.
    Because in the latest version, there is no flair nor the feeling to be or to take part in the Italian wars, with all its twists and turnarounds. For 4.0 we tried to capture all this and bunch it together in this mod.

You can get a sneak peak here

claymore833's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Neadal View Post
    Sure, why not
    Thanks Neadal, I post the Civ5 unit model here .

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Wow! Took Sienna and boy was I in for a surprise. Great mechanic to make conquering rebel settlements a bit more of a challenge!

One question, does a fleet count against your campaign upkeep if it's out of port the same as an army out of a settlement?

Thanks!

Just open the diplomatic overview and an info open up

No one like to post a screenshot for the contest?
    You can post more than one if you like

I just tried the battle beta. Very, very nice. I'd post some screen shots, but I'm now running Win 8.1 and I am so far unable to take screenshots in-game. I can't find the tgas folder in my MTW2 files.
    I used to use freefile viewer on my old rig, but it left too much bloatware so I'm not using it again. I can take shots of my desktop, but nothing in-game. Would anyone know how to do battle screenshots in Windows 8.1?

hmm.. I had this problem once, too.
    I'm not sure, but I think you just need to create a new folder named "tga" in your medieval directory

Thanks, Neadal. I tried it but no luck. Couldn't even make a folder. I click on NEW----->FOLDER but nothing appears in my directory. Probably a permission thing. I'll try another day when I'm not so tired.

I think you are right, tick full access under properties for the whole medieval total war directory

I was obviously not awake before.

Created a folder on the desktop and named it tga, then dragged it into my directory. As soon as I did that, a tgas folder appeared, alongside my new tga folder. I dunno.

Anyway, went into properties for the MTW2 folder and gave myself full access. I used FN+PRTSC to take a snap, then later opened the tga image in GIMP, where they can be converted to jpgs. Ta da! Screenshots! I'll load some before to long.

Very well
    Looking forward to your sreenshots

Libertus

Hi to everybody from Italy

I'm new on this forum. Congratulations to Neadal for wondeful Italian wars Mod, I'm playing hours and hours the Beta custom battle version!

The Reinassance warfare it's already good! Specially I love pikemen ( in the original game they're horrible, they use swords ).
    But I'm also a fan of history and i have some suggestion for France and others.
    In my opinion you need to add some units, not much work for a great modder like you:

Add french musketeers ( late italian wars after Pavia's defeat lesson, I see only french arquebusiers now )

Add french crossbowmen cavalry

Add some light cavalry for France and others factions ( late italian wars also after Pavia's french heavy cavalry defeat )

Add french scottish archers ( royal guards of Charles VIII in Fornovo Battle, early italian wars )

Add Savoy pikemen-musketeers in Habsburg Imperial Army ( they are important too, Duke of Savoy was the leader in San Quentin battle )

If you have time please add also England faction in custom battles.
    They are important to simulate Valois-Habsburg conflicts of XVI century ( more than Hungary or Turkey, lot of battles in France like Guinegatte, BOulogne ). Just in custom batlle ( because they are out of campaign map ) and maybe just some units ( pikemen, crossbowmen, musketeers, knights and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeomen_Warders ).

With Henry VIII army your mod will be perfect!
    This mod really complete Medieval Total war experience and timeframe. good work!

Welcome to TWC

Thank's for your suggestions
    But I'm afraid that we couldn't consider them right now, cos we are quite busy to get things done to the end of this month.
    So keep your ideas in mind and remember me, when version 4.0 is released, ok?

I'm always glad to get praise, especially from Italy

Cheers Neadal

P.S. Make some Screenshots and take part in our small competition
    Last edited by Aneirin; July 31, 2014 at 11:48 PM.

Libertus

Thanks to you for this mod.
    Italian players like me are happy of this of course!

I'm not able to make screenshots

Yes of course, I'll remember to you this autumn for version 4.1
    If you need help then to find images or historical opinion about units, I can help you in researchs.

Yesterday I maked a mistake, not Yeomen Warders ( they are only guards of the tower of London ) but Yeomen of the Guard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeomen_of_the_Guard

Here the correct uniform for Henry VIII period :
    http://andrewmaclainerencollection.b...uard-v-15.html
    http://www.scarboroughroyalguard.com/ourhistory.htm

Good work for 4.0! We are waiting

Sure, thank's for your offer

So why you can't take screens?

Libertus

Because I don't know how to take screens during game I'm not so expert with computers.
    And since friday I'm in my summer holiday home without my pc ( just netbook and smartphone with me now ). I stay here for all this month

Curiosly this summer home it's placed near the battlefiled of an important battle of Italian wars, the Battle of Garigliano river of 1503 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Garigliano_(1503). So italian wars places are always around me

But when you want to start to complete France, or add Tudors England, ecc. I'm ready I have already found something material interesting for you.

Just press the "print" key during a battle or game.
    The screen will be saved under C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\tgas.

You will need a 2D Art program something like gimp
    Then you can open up the tga files and save them as jpg and this files can be uploaded on this side for example

Very well, keep your ideas in mind

Default Re: {DIK} Battle Beta - Download

I can't remember how to set the preference.cfg file to get the full screen animation for screen shots. Does anyone know of a tutorial for that?

Edit: Please, no discussion or questions in the Battle Beta Thread, regards Neadal
    Last edited by Aneirin; August 03, 2014 at 10:06 AM.