Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: {DIK}Discussion

nice previews!

Foederatus

sigh sigh sigh...

again TIME for checking NEW BUGS...

Well...
    I am very sad to announce we are again called up to perform deeper investigation for targeting a new possible bug.
    This time I am loaded with some specific behaviors that should be deeper inspected in order to get rid of the new problem.

First: WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?
    When launching a battle from sieging Neapel town, the game crashes.

Please check it out on yourself. I am attaching two files here. First save game represents the saved game before I launched the battle thus making the bug go crashing the game (the dump occurs if I decide to play the battle manually). Since at the end of turn the garrison attacks on me the game crashes as well (again only if I select to play the battle).

What I found is that game DOES NOT crash to the desktop either if I resolve the battle automatically (but resulting always into a defeat) or I simply break off the siege and go on with my end-of-turn!

The evidence of that is the second attached file here (that with the addition of "bis" to its textual name: "01P-Alexander-bis.sav" )
    This second file COMES from the previous after I decided to stop sieging Neapel thus making the campaign go further.
    At this new point I decided AGAIN to siege Neapel BUT any time I decide to attack and play manually the battle, the game goes crashed.

MY POINT OF VIEW:
    We should try to figure out WHETHER the problem is related to "Neapel" city itself or just to ANY enemy capital city siege. Unfortunately I have no other examples available at the moment. I am playing a second campaign with Helvetic Confederation but not yet captured any enemy capital city to see if this can be a general bug for all enemy capitals.

Consider that attacking ANY OTHER town from Naples' kingdom doesn't seem to cause ANY problem...it seems to be SPECIFIC to Naple.
    Also the automatic solve of the battle causes no troubles...

Putting all things together I am forced to think there may be TWO the reasons for a crash:

- GENERAL CAPITAL PROBLEM: is there ANY script that creates enemy units to a capital when sieged? maybe creating those new units in a manual battle that is a problem for some reason..maybe those units do not exists ...or whatever else...in any case that script seems to hold main responsability for the problem

- SPECIFIC NEAPLE PROBLEM: has that town been edited in some bad way? in this case you can conquer any other capital town but Neaple! then either the town map or simply its new kind of buildings may cause a problem when the game has to recreate its battlefield...

with no evidence of other capital crash problem it's clear we have to investigate on BOTH cases to trying catch the bug.

CONCLUSIONS: I couldn't say HOW Neaple kingdom CAN KEEP ON creating huge armies despite my Papal faction should have their economy have collapsed (is there any script for this??) MAYBE that mechanism becomes a serious trouble for game prosecution...indeed Neaple keeps on creating new armies, never accepts any peace treaty from me and still go attacking me. If I am PREVENTED from striking their capital down to knees the campaign runs boring..it's about 10-15 I am dealing with Neapel resistance. Once they seem to be defeated, at the following turn they produce huge new armies apparently from nothing. While this scripts makes a real challenge to skilled players like me, this becomes a serious design mistake when I CAN'T conquer their capital town.

Please run a deep checking. Try my files and give me any answer. Again I am forced to stop my campaign, second time playing it, no hope to end it as I would....your campaign doesn't deserve any bug preventing your supporters from playing it till the end
    Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Foederatus

Another bug, this seems to be easier to get rid of...

Please open the attached saved game and go inspecting that two barbarians armies around Bari and along the border between Otranto and Bari region. Both are named Hauptmann Jalal armies.
    But double -clicking on it you can't see ANY unit inside the army.
    Still couldn't try to attack them to see how they behave.

This seems a bug just related to muslim barbarians army ONLY.
    Again you should investingate deeper on the kind of units that are supposed to appear in that kind of army.

BY THE WAY..
    I could at least CONQUER NEAPLE...
    Of course that happened in two ways:
    1 - I simply sieged her till last turn....the town has fallen without fighting
    2 - I waited for them to attack (not putting that much numerical superiority) but automatically resolved the battle.

So an enemy capital CAN BE CONQUERED...I received message from a script were I was given 5.000 florins for that result.
    Thus bug described into my previous post confirms there is something wrong with creating the battlefield.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Thanks for your detailed report!
    I guess this problem is caused by the position of the city on the strat map. Maybe it is invalid.. I will check that this evening
    About the other problem with the captians I will check that also
    Last edited by Aneirin; May 30, 2014 at 06:30 AM.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

About your crash when sieging Naples.. I tried it by myself, but I don't have any crash at all.. very strange..

Do you have any special unit in your army while you're sieging Naples?
    Which version of Kingdoms do you have?

About the other crash, I already had in another mod, Rule Britannia, I don't know what it causes that kind of bug.. till I found a solution just ignore them

Foederatus

I own Medieval Total War 2 and Kingdoms in separated original editions.
    I installed Kingdoms over M2TW then got the 1.5 Kingdom's patch for separated versions.
    Game was installed into italian along with all 4 campaign extensions: Americas, Teutonic, Crusades and Britannia.

however I have a news that makes your last message "updated"...

Here it is what happened: my last turn crashed again...year was 1532.
    That happened two times...but THIRD time I opened it again and...SURPRISE..this time the game DID NOT crash...

??????????

after this has happened I have no more surprise that you could load my save game and play the battle...
    did you played the battle for Neaple manually, right?

well how UNPREDICTABLE behaving, why??

well...I had no exact perception...but impression is that in the many different tides that may happen (other factions moving, merchant succesful acquisition/failure, result of automatic battles) something gone DIFFERENT last time I loaded the saved game and played the end of turn and along with that difference this time the game didn't crash...

Quote Originally Posted by Faraxius View Post
    I own Medieval Total War 2 and Kingdoms in separated original editions.
    I installed Kingdoms over M2TW then got the 1.5 Kingdom's patch for separated versions.
    Game was installed into italian along with all 4 campaign extensions: Americas, Teutonic, Crusades and Britannia.
    Well, I played all the time only with 1.4, but until now there were no problems...

after this has happened I have no more surprise that you could load my save game and play the battle...
    did you played the battle for Neaple manually, right?
    Yes, I did

well how UNPREDICTABLE behaving, why??

well...I had no exact perception...but impression is that in the many different tides that may happen (other factions moving, merchant succesful acquisition/failure, result of automatic battles) something gone DIFFERENT last time I loaded the saved game and played the end of turn and along with that difference this time the game didn't crash...
    Well, mate that's technology
    Sometimes you don't really understand why it's not working and suddenly after all it works.. xD

Foederatus

What matters is that I COULD SUCCESFULLY COMPLETE the Papal campaign winning (of course) with objectives completion...
    Campaign was great and I had great fun, despite some unpredictable troubles.
    Congratulations for the very good work.

I would like then to try out this campaign into hotseat play.
    Then just wait for your newer version

Thank you
    Well, I my german forum some guys planning a hot seat campaign
    http://www.strategie-zone.de/forum/v...?f=284&t=16713

But they are going to use version 3.3.1.

Today, I've finished the integration of the ottoman units, so you will see a preview within this week

Foederatus

I am not scared about downloading version 3.3.1 (where may I find it ? and which are changes? )
    What best scares me is German language.... I can't speak it...only google translator may help me but I guess that each hotseat always start with a basic set of shared rules..(way to deliver turns, way to use spies and so on).

If they are all germans I think I may soon become a problem for them

On the contrary if the hotseat is designed for multilanguage participant then I would be happy to join

I was wondering where to install the downloaded files???
    I installed them into "Mods" (it became one of the Mods next to the others ofcourse) Yet the Mod isn't on the list when I start the M2TW Kingdoms Launcher??

Quote Originally Posted by AMMMG View Post
    I was wondering where to install the downloaded files???
    I installed them into "Mods" (it became one of the Mods next to the others ofcourse) Yet the Mod isn't on the list when I start the M2TW Kingdoms Launcher??
    Well, open the folder "italian_wars" there is a .bat file, double click and the mod should launch

@Faraxius: Well, check out the Download thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-DIK-Downloads
    There you'll find the latest patch

Well, as I already said, as soon as Theramines finished to review the translation files of the historic_events, I will release a pre-version of the full translation
    Last edited by Aneirin; June 04, 2014 at 10:49 AM.

Foederatus

Did you change that link recently?
    I mean..after I restarted the Papal campaign?
    otherwise, despite the game showing 3.2 version I then have 3.3.1
    The exe didn't work so I manually replaced the two txt files...
    am I right?

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hi Neadal, is the english translation done or is there at least a partial english translation released? I'd like to check out the mod and see if I should try to make a hotseat with it. Do you plan to release a new version soon?

Did you change that link recently?
    I mean..after I restarted the Papal campaign?
    otherwise, despite the game showing 3.2 version I then have 3.3.1
    The exe didn't work so I manually replaced the two txt files...
    am I right?
    Yes, you are right

@Vipman: Well, the release date for the english translation is at the end of this month
    If you like, I can get you the modified version for Hotseat campaigns from my german forum
    And yes, at the end of July, I hope to release the new version 4.0.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Can't you please release the partial english translation? I can live without translation of historic events, descriptions, only the general stuff. And I'm pretty sure to the other members as well, how you want people here to play the mod without the partial english translation at least??

Hmm, what is modified in the hotseat version?

Sorry, but I didn't get you

Well, as far as I understood they removed quite the whole script and make some adjustments

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Any timer for version 4.0??And English translation?

Yes of course

Version 4.0 on 31.07.14, but this version will be only in german available.
    On 30.06.14 I going to release a english translation for version 3.3.1