Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445

Thread: {DIK} Discussion

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

To be honest the AI needs every help it can get and the Garrison Script, for at least key capitals, is a nice, realistic AI boost as it represents the inhabitants taking up arms to defend the city.

I understand you do not like VH battle AI because of the unrealistic morale and hit points to the AI.
    But what about Campaign AI?
    Did you test it at VH? Is it more aggressive or rather suicidal?

I have been watching the new Let's Play in French on YT ( I shared the link a few posts above) and he is paying at H/H and I feel the AI can be a tad more aggressive and have better morale in battle.
    So maybe VH/VH is worth testing?

So when can we expect this highly anticipated update to be finally released?
    I am delaying my new campaign waiting for this

Cheers,
    DBW
    Sure, the AI is always in need of some 'human-scripting help' though, there is a kind of garrison script in place already. The script for the independent cities and republics. I'll see if I kind find some time to expand it to more cities.

Just go ahead VH as campaign AI sounds like fun to play. Feel free to give it a shot and share your thoughts on the AI.

As for the release date, that is hardly to say right now. It is absolutely depended on my amount of spare time,
    which is currently none existent. No worries, I'll guess some time this year

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Here are a few current ongoing Let's Plays with this lovely mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sddptj4-o34&t=1318s > Republic of Ragusa, in English
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvwMRaEzPCU&t=1203s > Kiingdom of Spain, in Spanish
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIsv9TYLyx4&t=102s > Kingdom of France, in French
    Awesome, thank's I'll have a look at these some time on the weekend
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

dikaios's Avatar Foederatus

Hi, first of all I would like to say Aneirin I sincerely thank you for this amazing mod! I have been following for a long time the development of this mod but just now I found the time to try it out in the 5.0 version. I am very pleased with the whole content but I would like to ask something. I can't find how to recruit Footmen, Hadjuks, Armoured Hussars and Militia Miners as Hungary. Is their recruitment tied to an event? If that's the case then which is this event and which are the requirements for it to happen?

EDIT: Alright I found out how to train some of the units! For Hajduks you have to first lose and then recapture Bihac. After that you'll be able to train Hajduks at the settlements where you have inns.
    For Uskoks you have to first lose and then recapture Sinj. After that you'll be able to train Uskoks at the settlements where you have dirt roads (basically everywhere).
    For Armored Hussars I believe (have not tested it yet) it is tied to an event about requesting help from Poland. Or that was at least in the previous versions of the mod.

About the Footmen and the Militia Miners I couldn't find anything. Any help will be appreciated!
    Last edited by dikaios; April 23, 2020 at 05:32 AM.

Hi Aneirin,

I hope you are doing great.

We are still eagerly waiting for the last update you are working on.

Any news on the progress?

Cheers!
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Please, Aneirin, finish it!! You're SOOOOO close to complete this masterpiece!!!

Okay guys, I found some time this afternoon and prepare a release of what I've got so far.
    Though it won't be a bug tested version, but mostly playable and with tones of new scripts eg. Condotta

Best Aneirin

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    Okay guys, I found some time this afternoon and prepare a release of what I've got so far.
    Though it won't be a bug tested version, but mostly playable and with tones of new scripts eg. Condotta

Best Aneirin
    We're happy anytime you happen to be online :-)
    BTW, have you messed with the resources / trade system in the past?
    I've been recently working on this in the SSHIP
    Code:
    ;=========================================================================================================== SCANDINAVIA;
    ; furs and timber are present in many Scandinavia provinces are given due to both historical considerations and also to the M2TW engine mechanics: provinces do not trade with the same resources
    ; (thus placing these resources in each province DISables unhistorical trade between them, but enables the very historical overseas exports with the warehouses - this is even more historical since they'll be build rightly late, perhaps late 13c.)

;  BERGEN - Bergen_Province
    resource	tin,		113,	286		; tribute for the overseas: tusk from Island and Greenland
    resource	tin,		113,	286		; tribute for the north: stockfish from Lofoten, tolls from Nidaros
    resource	fish,		122,	266		; fish from the open seas
    resource	fish,		138,	265		; fish from the coastal waters
    resource	timber,		119,	280		; timber and pitch the longships were made of (from nearby woods)

;  OSLO - Oslo_Province
    resource	camels,		163,	274		; honey and wax from the woods
    resource	ivory,		159,	285		; butter from the farmers in the Dalen
    resource	timber,		151,	273		; timber and pitch the longships were made of (from nearby woods)

;  SWERIKE - Sigtuna_Province
    resource	iron,		196,	285		; copper from Dalarna region
    resource	furs,		172,	278		; furs from the deep woods (no trade with Kalmar and Skara, but with Lund, Gdansk or Novgorod)
    resource	timber,		198,	273		; timber from the woods

;  GOTALAND - Skara_Province
    resource	furs,		182,	269		; furs from the northern forests
    resource	timber,		170,	262		; timber from the woods

;  GOTLAND - Visby_Province
    resource	tin,		212,	260		; tolls from the Baltic trade for Visby was an important hub

;  SMALAND - Kalmar_Province
    resource	furs,		184,	259		; furs from the northern forests
    resource	timber,		194,	257		; timber from the woods

;  SKANE - Lund_Province
    resource	tin,		169,	249		; tolls on the Sund strait (nice placement on the water)
    resource	tin,		169,	249
    resource	fish,		174,	244		; the cogs of the Hanseatic League would always come from Lubeck to Skane, buy fish and get it to the east
    resource	fish,		185,	250

;  ZELAND - Roskilde_Province
    resource	sulfur,		167,	246		; linen produced for Roskilde and Lund
    resource	camels,		160,	245		; honey was the main sweetener in this part of the world (to be checked if this is the best choice for the resource here... not sure)

;  JUTLAND - Ribe_Province
    resource	chocolate,	143,	245		; glass industry next to Ribe
    resource	fish,		152,	253		; fish from all around coast
    resource	fish,		142,	257

;=========================================================================================================== BALTICS

;  FINLAND - Turku_Province
    ; no need for timber placement (what would have been needed if one needs to prevent unhistorical imports from Sweden) since Finland is very unlikely to be a destination of sea trade from any other province (there're many better alternatives), and exports to Novgorod is unlikely
    resource	furs,		244,	284		; the northern furs of exquisite quality (not tradable with many other provinces but with Novgorod yes)

;  ESTONIA - Kolyvan_Province
    resource	amber,		250,	266     ; the most northern resource of amber
    resource	camels,		260,	268     ; honey from the woods (no more furs or fish - they're in the neighbouring provinces)

;  LATVIA - Riga_Province
    resource	tobacco,	246,	255		; salt on the coast
    resource	fish,		238,	260		; fish from the Riga bay
    resource	amber,		230,	255     ; the most northern source of amber

;  LITHUANIA - Kernave_Province
    resource	amber,		230,	248		; for centuries the second best place to dig amber. Good spot for a merchant.
    resource	amber,		230,	248
    resource	sulfur,		245,	239		; linen produced for the capital
    resource	camels,		256,	244		; honey from the woods
    resource	tin,		251,	240		; luxurious stuff from the capital

;  BLACK RUTHENIA - Hrodna_Province
    resource	textiles,	246,	229     ; TEXTILES: local industry in a culturaly quite developed province
    resource	camels,		256,	229     ; HONEY from the woods

;  PRUSSIA - Twangste_Province
    ; no timber, furs - they'll be imported from the neighbouring provinces, so it can be reconsidered
    resource	fish,		227,	243		; FISH will not be traded with Gdansk
    resource	amber,		221,	240		; AMBER in Sambia peninsula - for centuries it was the best place for extracting it. Good spot for a merchant.
    resource	amber,		221,	240
    resource	dogs,		217,	229		; FRUITS from the very feritile Dobrzyn region

;=========================================================================================================== CENTRAL EUROPE
    ;	iron -> Metals		ivory -> Oil		tobacco -> Salt		chocolate -> Glass		sulfur -> Linen
    ;	coal -> Herbs		dogs -> Fruits		camels -> Honey		tin -> Luxury Goods		elephants -> Cattle
    ;	gold, silver, marble, timber, slaves, amber, textiles, dyes, silk, cotton, furs, wool, spices, sugar, wine, grain, fish

;  MASOVIA - Plock_Province
    resource	camels,		236,	217		; honey from the woods (no trade with Lithuania and Wielkopolska, and this is ok)
    resource	furs,		231,	225		; furs from the woods

;  POLONIA MINOR - Krakow_Province
    resource	tin,		226,	208     ; luxury stuff produced at the rulers court
    resource	silver,		221,	211		; lead mines at Olkusz
    resource	tobacco,	228,	205		; salt in Wieliczka and Bochnia (salines, and from 2nd part of 13c also mines)
    resource	grain,		236,	209		; grain in the Vistula valley
    resource	grain,		229,	208		; grain in the Vistula valley

;  POLONIA MAIOR - Poznan_Province
    resource	grain,		211,	226		; Kujawia and region around Thorn was very feritile in the MA
    resource	chocolate,	201,	224		; glass industry was present in the Polonia Maior cities
    resource	furs,		209,	219		; from the forests around (no trade with Masovia)

;  SILESIA - Wroclaw_Province
    resource	dogs,		200,	217		; Odra valley was very feritile and fruits were abound
    resource	sulfur,		195,	217		; linen craft was essential source of Silesian wealth
    resource	iron,		190,	213		; the Ostsiedlung in 13c. started with gold rush in Silesia (city of Goldberg). Wroclaw wealth was build upon it even if more other metals were dug.

;  POMERANIA GEDANENSIS - Gdansk_Province
    resource	fish,		199,	238		; fish was the staple of the population
    resource	textiles,	214,	231		; textiles production was very developed in Gdansk and other cities
    resource	tin,		214,	236		; represents the trade that made Gdansk the biggest city both in Poland and in the Baltics in 15/16c.
    resource	amber,		211,	238		; coast of the Bay of Gdansk abounded with amber (no trade with Prussia)

;  POMERANIA - Szczecin_Province
    resource	fish,		187,	235		; fish was the staple

;  BRANDENBURG - Brandeburg_Province
    ; throughout the Middle Ages this was not very rich province so only two low-income resources
    resource	dogs,		174,	222		; fruits
    resource	camels,		169,	228		; honey

;  MECKLEMBURG - Lubeck_Province
    resource	tin,		157,	234		; the city was the hub of trade given it's geographical location and trade power
    resource	tin,		157,	234
    resource	tobacco,	154,	230		; salt from Luneburg: it was imported from the Elbe valley but was a main export of Lubeck to the east. In the M2TW engine it's best to give it to Lubeck.

;  MORAVIA - Olomoc_Province
    resource	camels,		198,	203		; honey from the woods (fits the neighbouring provinces well)
    resource	iron,		192,	199		; metals from the Jihlava (Iglau) region, but it signifies the overall abundance of this stuff also in the Sudeten Mts.

;  BOHEMIA - Prague_Province
    resource	iron,		176,	208		; Bohemia had plenty of metals in Rudavy mts., as also in the south
    resource	silver,		188,	202		; silver mines of Kutna Hora supplied 1/3 of Europe's demand for silver in 14c.
    resource	silver,		188,	202
    resource	sulfur,		175,	203		; linen was produced and exported (in 15c. whole cloth industry developed)

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    We're happy anytime you happen to be online :-)
    BTW, have you messed with the resources / trade system in the past?
    I've been recently working on this in the SSHIP
    Code:
    ;=========================================================================================================== SCANDINAVIA;
    ; furs and timber are present in many Scandinavia provinces are given due to both historical considerations and also to the M2TW engine mechanics: provinces do not trade with the same resources
    ; (thus placing these resources in each province DISables unhistorical trade between them, but enables the very historical overseas exports with the warehouses - this is even more historical since they'll be build rightly late, perhaps late 13c.)

;  BERGEN - Bergen_Province
    resource    tin,        113,    286        ; tribute for the overseas: tusk from Island and Greenland
    resource    tin,        113,    286        ; tribute for the north: stockfish from Lofoten, tolls from Nidaros
    resource    fish,        122,    266        ; fish from the open seas
    resource    fish,        138,    265        ; fish from the coastal waters
    resource    timber,        119,    280        ; timber and pitch the longships were made of (from nearby woods)

;  OSLO - Oslo_Province
    resource    camels,        163,    274        ; honey and wax from the woods
    resource    ivory,        159,    285        ; butter from the farmers in the Dalen
    resource    timber,        151,    273        ; timber and pitch the longships were made of (from nearby woods)

;  SWERIKE - Sigtuna_Province
    resource    iron,        196,    285        ; copper from Dalarna region
    resource    furs,        172,    278        ; furs from the deep woods (no trade with Kalmar and Skara, but with Lund, Gdansk or Novgorod)
    resource    timber,        198,    273        ; timber from the woods

;  GOTALAND - Skara_Province
    resource    furs,        182,    269        ; furs from the northern forests
    resource    timber,        170,    262        ; timber from the woods

;  GOTLAND - Visby_Province
    resource    tin,        212,    260        ; tolls from the Baltic trade for Visby was an important hub

;  SMALAND - Kalmar_Province
    resource    furs,        184,    259        ; furs from the northern forests
    resource    timber,        194,    257        ; timber from the woods

;  SKANE - Lund_Province
    resource    tin,        169,    249        ; tolls on the Sund strait (nice placement on the water)
    resource    tin,        169,    249
    resource    fish,        174,    244        ; the cogs of the Hanseatic League would always come from Lubeck to Skane, buy fish and get it to the east
    resource    fish,        185,    250

;  ZELAND - Roskilde_Province
    resource    sulfur,        167,    246        ; linen produced for Roskilde and Lund
    resource    camels,        160,    245        ; honey was the main sweetener in this part of the world (to be checked if this is the best choice for the resource here... not sure)

;  JUTLAND - Ribe_Province
    resource    chocolate,    143,    245        ; glass industry next to Ribe
    resource    fish,        152,    253        ; fish from all around coast
    resource    fish,        142,    257

;=========================================================================================================== BALTICS

;  FINLAND - Turku_Province
    ; no need for timber placement (what would have been needed if one needs to prevent unhistorical imports from Sweden) since Finland is very unlikely to be a destination of sea trade from any other province (there're many better alternatives), and exports to Novgorod is unlikely
    resource    furs,        244,    284        ; the northern furs of exquisite quality (not tradable with many other provinces but with Novgorod yes)

;  ESTONIA - Kolyvan_Province
    resource    amber,        250,    266     ; the most northern resource of amber
    resource    camels,        260,    268     ; honey from the woods (no more furs or fish - they're in the neighbouring provinces)

;  LATVIA - Riga_Province
    resource    tobacco,    246,    255        ; salt on the coast
    resource    fish,        238,    260        ; fish from the Riga bay
    resource    amber,        230,    255     ; the most northern source of amber

;  LITHUANIA - Kernave_Province
    resource    amber,        230,    248        ; for centuries the second best place to dig amber. Good spot for a merchant.
    resource    amber,        230,    248
    resource    sulfur,        245,    239        ; linen produced for the capital
    resource    camels,        256,    244        ; honey from the woods
    resource    tin,        251,    240        ; luxurious stuff from the capital

;  BLACK RUTHENIA - Hrodna_Province
    resource    textiles,    246,    229     ; TEXTILES: local industry in a culturaly quite developed province
    resource    camels,        256,    229     ; HONEY from the woods

;  PRUSSIA - Twangste_Province
    ; no timber, furs - they'll be imported from the neighbouring provinces, so it can be reconsidered
    resource    fish,        227,    243        ; FISH will not be traded with Gdansk
    resource    amber,        221,    240        ; AMBER in Sambia peninsula - for centuries it was the best place for extracting it. Good spot for a merchant.
    resource    amber,        221,    240
    resource    dogs,        217,    229        ; FRUITS from the very feritile Dobrzyn region

;=========================================================================================================== CENTRAL EUROPE
    ;    iron -> Metals        ivory -> Oil        tobacco -> Salt        chocolate -> Glass        sulfur -> Linen
    ;    coal -> Herbs        dogs -> Fruits        camels -> Honey        tin -> Luxury Goods        elephants -> Cattle
    ;    gold, silver, marble, timber, slaves, amber, textiles, dyes, silk, cotton, furs, wool, spices, sugar, wine, grain, fish

;  MASOVIA - Plock_Province
    resource    camels,        236,    217        ; honey from the woods (no trade with Lithuania and Wielkopolska, and this is ok)
    resource    furs,        231,    225        ; furs from the woods

;  POLONIA MINOR - Krakow_Province
    resource    tin,        226,    208     ; luxury stuff produced at the rulers court
    resource    silver,        221,    211        ; lead mines at Olkusz
    resource    tobacco,    228,    205        ; salt in Wieliczka and Bochnia (salines, and from 2nd part of 13c also mines)
    resource    grain,        236,    209        ; grain in the Vistula valley
    resource    grain,        229,    208        ; grain in the Vistula valley

;  POLONIA MAIOR - Poznan_Province
    resource    grain,        211,    226        ; Kujawia and region around Thorn was very feritile in the MA
    resource    chocolate,    201,    224        ; glass industry was present in the Polonia Maior cities
    resource    furs,        209,    219        ; from the forests around (no trade with Masovia)

;  SILESIA - Wroclaw_Province
    resource    dogs,        200,    217        ; Odra valley was very feritile and fruits were abound
    resource    sulfur,        195,    217        ; linen craft was essential source of Silesian wealth
    resource    iron,        190,    213        ; the Ostsiedlung in 13c. started with gold rush in Silesia (city of Goldberg). Wroclaw wealth was build upon it even if more other metals were dug.

;  POMERANIA GEDANENSIS - Gdansk_Province
    resource    fish,        199,    238        ; fish was the staple of the population
    resource    textiles,    214,    231        ; textiles production was very developed in Gdansk and other cities
    resource    tin,        214,    236        ; represents the trade that made Gdansk the biggest city both in Poland and in the Baltics in 15/16c.
    resource    amber,        211,    238        ; coast of the Bay of Gdansk abounded with amber (no trade with Prussia)

;  POMERANIA - Szczecin_Province
    resource    fish,        187,    235        ; fish was the staple

;  BRANDENBURG - Brandeburg_Province
    ; throughout the Middle Ages this was not very rich province so only two low-income resources
    resource    dogs,        174,    222        ; fruits
    resource    camels,        169,    228        ; honey

;  MECKLEMBURG - Lubeck_Province
    resource    tin,        157,    234        ; the city was the hub of trade given it's geographical location and trade power
    resource    tin,        157,    234
    resource    tobacco,    154,    230        ; salt from Luneburg: it was imported from the Elbe valley but was a main export of Lubeck to the east. In the M2TW engine it's best to give it to Lubeck.

;  MORAVIA - Olomoc_Province
    resource    camels,        198,    203        ; honey from the woods (fits the neighbouring provinces well)
    resource    iron,        192,    199        ; metals from the Jihlava (Iglau) region, but it signifies the overall abundance of this stuff also in the Sudeten Mts.

;  BOHEMIA - Prague_Province
    resource    iron,        176,    208        ; Bohemia had plenty of metals in Rudavy mts., as also in the south
    resource    silver,        188,    202        ; silver mines of Kutna Hora supplied 1/3 of Europe's demand for silver in 14c.
    resource    silver,        188,    202
    resource    sulfur,        175,    203        ; linen was produced and exported (in 15c. whole cloth industry developed)
    Cheers mate
    Well, not really. Simply due lack of knowledge and fear of messing things up.
    Were you able to get some new insights on the trading system?
    Trading would be an interesting part, especially for the trade republics like Genoa, Venice or Ragusa.
    I used buildings with bonuses to represent their connections and trading networks in my mod.

Cheers mate
    Well, not really. Simply due lack of knowledge and fear of messing things up.
    Were you able to get some new insights on the trading system?
    Trading would be an interesting part, especially for the trade republics like Genoa, Venice or Ragusa.
    I used buildings with bonuses to represent their connections and trading networks in my mod.
    Well, I do have some knowleged on the trading system. IMO, it's the best system in the whole TW series.
    Some insights from the point of view of resources:
    ;----------- RESOURCES ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
    ; Placement of resources - take into account:
    ; (1) historicity:
    ; --- some provinces were famous for certain resources (eg. salt near Krakow, wool in England, wine along Rhein, in Hungary, or in Monemvasia)
    ; --- the overall balance in the income from provinces and their development over centuries.
    ; (2) how the trade between provinces is generated by the M2TW engine
    ; --- a province trades with the neighbouring provinces: the more land borders (even over the impassable terrain), the more trade connections
    ; --- only sea trade for the islands (need to have plenty of resources to be at par with other provinces)
    ; --- no trade of the same good: the neighbouring provinces do not trade the same resource
    ; (3) merchants' profitability:
    ; --- in the vicinity of capital there should be the high-income manufacturing resources (textiles, glass) so that own merchants won't be placed on those resources
    ; --- stacking of resources make a place more profitable and it should be put in the places famous for resources - where it would be historical to see a merchant at work
    Do you know stuff discussed here?

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Downloaded the mod, for some reason I was not aware of it. Looks awesome.

Two questions:
    1: what is the easiest, but fun italian faction to start learning the game with? (not spanish, german, or otto)

2: Is the development of the Hungary faction finished? I found some strange things which you might want to correct. Or might not. If you plan to review it at a point, I can collect them for you. (but I wouldn't bother if you don't want to change them) I mean things like providing historical generals, collect the serbian (?) names of provinces (like "knyazhevo"?)

Cheers mate!

As for your questions:
    1. I'd say Papal States, they are the ones with a more easy start in gameplay. Hardest are definitely Naples, Milan or one of the minor factions like Urbino, Bologna or Montferrat.

2. Feel free to give feedback to the Hungarian faction if there is anything you might feel is not correct

Best
    Aneirin

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Cheers mate!
    As for your questions:
    1. I'd say Papal States, they are the ones with a more easy start in gameplay. Hardest are definitely Naples, Milan or one of the minor factions like Urbino, Bologna or Montferrat.
    Thanks for the tip!

2. Feel free to give feedback to the Hungarian faction if there is anything you might feel is not correct
    I wouldn't say it not correct, good job on the mod. I still have some observations if you are interested. Feel free to disregard them: the mod already represents Hungary quite well. Good job!

Forts:
    There are few forts which have, I think serbian (?) names. Nitrianske Kniezatstvo, Viroviticko zupanija, Podrucje Sinj

Settlements:
    I cannot tell what naming patterns you used, so I just list all versions which make sense:
    Sissek: Sziszek (HU), Sisak (HR), Sisseg (DE)
    Banjaluka: Banja Luka (HR), Orbászvár (HU)
    Jajce (HR/BA), hungarian is Jajca
    Bihac (HR), hungarian is Bihács
    Severin: I don't know what this settlement represents
    Warasdin (DE): Varasd (HU), Varazdin (HR)
    Odenburg (DE): Sopron (HU)
    Pressburg (DE): Pozsony (HU), Bratislava (SK)
    Raab (DE): Győr (HU)
    Eszék (HU): Osijek (HR), Essegg (DE)

Characters.
    Vladislaw the honorable: Wladyslaw (PL), Ulászló (HU), Vladislav (CZ)
    Boris of Pécs and Prince Kálmán are I think placeholders?

Ideas:
    Tamás Bakócz, cardinal (51 y/o, 1442-1521) he ran for the Papal job (wasn't elected), later organized a crusade which turned out to be a big peasant rebellion.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tam%C3%A1s_Bak%C3%B3cz
    Pál Kinizsi, general (62 y/o, 1432-1494). The last big scale general of Mathias Corvinus
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A1l_Kinizsi
    János Bornemissza, general (33 y/o, 1460-1527). Major figure in Hungary until after Mohács. Was zhupan of Pozsony (Pressburg)
    Bernardin Frankopan, general (40, 1453-1529). Not himself, but he was the father of the "main" general of the regaion during the 16th century. (Kristo Frankopan)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernardin_Frankopan
    János Corvinus (31, 1473-1504) croatian ban, bastard son of Mathias Corvinus. On of the richest magnates. Was slain in a battle against the ottomans in 1504.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Corvinus

Roster: generally very good.
    In this period Hungary used lots of heavy cavalry, even more light cavalry, and some heavy infantry. Infantry was defensive: arquebus, crossbow, halberd behind pavese shieldbearers.
    What is not in line with this is only two units:
    1: the szekler horse archer. These are not used for quite some time. I would advise to change it to a noble insurrection or noble volunteer unit, which should be similar to the hussar, but worse.
    2: pavese shieldbearer is missing from the roster. Similar to Medieval 2 vanilla pavese, but actually these were heavily armored professionals.

Other: Hungary didn't really use serfs in battle, or for guarding towns. It doesn't really hurt the mod, but traditionally they were not given weapons. (1514: instant rebellion) Manpower was not really the problem in this period, professionals and some chosen mercs provided enough against all opposition in Europe. Except for the ottomans of course, but they were dominant for different reasons.
    (logistics, centralized supply, independent of continental european harvest, planning, funds, etc.) It took Europe to struggle through the 30 years war to understand what the ottomans already know in 1500.

You might want to see this, the magyar mod guys did very authentic units for the period (costumes are less "steppe" and bit more western, but it is not a big deal)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdIgp1davEY
    Last edited by shikaka; September 25, 2020 at 09:12 AM. Reason: updated personnel with links also corrected Christoph Frankopan -> Kristo Frankopan

Quote Originally Posted by shikaka View Post
    Thanks for the tip!

I wouldn't say it not correct, good job on the mod. I still have some observations if you are interested. Feel free to disregard them: the mod already represents Hungary quite well. Good job!

Forts:
    There are few forts which have, I think serbian (?) names. Nitrianske Kniezatstvo, Viroviticko zupanija, Podrucje Sinj

Settlements:
    I cannot tell what naming patterns you used, so I just list all versions which make sense:
    Sissek: Sziszek (HU), Sisak (HR), Sisseg (DE)
    Banjaluka: Banja Luka (HR), Orbászvár (HU)
    Jajce (HR/BA), hungarian is Jajca
    Bihac (HR), hungarian is Bihács
    Severin: I don't know what this settlement represents
    Warasdin (DE): Varasd (HU), Varazdin (HR)
    Odenburg (DE): Sopron (HU)
    Pressburg (DE): Pozsony (HU), Bratislava (SK)
    Raab (DE): Győr (HU)
    Eszék (HU): Osijek (HR), Essegg (DE)

Characters.
    Vladislaw the honorable: Wladyslaw (PL), Ulászló (HU), Vladislav (CZ)
    Boris of Pécs and Prince Kálmán are I think placeholders?

Ideas:
    Tamás Bakócz, cardinal (51 y/o, 1442-1521) he ran for the Papal job (wasn't elected), later organized a crusade which turned out to be a big peasant rebellion.
    Pál Kinizsi, general (62 y/o, 1432-1494). The last big scale general of Mathias Corvinus
    János Bornemissza, general (33 y/o, 1460-1527). Major figure in Hungary until after Mohács. Was zhupan of Pozsony (Pressburg)
    Bernardin Frankopan, general (40, 1453-1529). Not himself, but he was the father of the "main" general of the regaion during the 16th century. (Christoph Frankopan)
    János Corvinus (31, 1473-1504) croatian ban, bastard son of Mathias Corvinus. Was slain in a battle against the ottomans in 1504.

Roster: generally very good.
    In this period Hungary used lots of heavy cavalry, even more light cavalry, and some heavy infantry. Infantry was defensive: arquebus, crossbow, halberd behind pavese shieldbearers.
    What is not in line with this is only two units:
    1: the szekler horse archer. These are not used for quite some time. I would advise to change it to a noble insurrection or noble volunteer unit, which should be similar to the hussar, but worse.
    2: pavese shieldbearer is missing from the roster. Similar to Medieval 2 vanilla pavese, but actually these were heavily armored professionals.

Other: Hungary didn't really use serfs in battle, or for guarding towns. It doesn't really hurt the mod, but traditionally they were not given weapons. (1514: instant rebellion) Manpower was not really the problem in this period, professionals and some chosen mercs provided enough against all opposition in Europe. Except for the ottomans of course, but they were dominant for different reasons.
    (logistics, centralized supply, independent of continental european harvest, planning, funds, etc.) It took Europe to struggle through the 30 years war to understand what the ottomans already know in 1500.

You might want to see this, the magyar mod guys did very authentic units for the period (costumes are less "steppe" and bit more western, but it is not a big deal)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdIgp1davEY
    Great contribution, thanks!

Current Hotseat:

Not sure if this is the ideal place to post this but its been a while since anyone has posted in the bug reports area. I am having CTD issues with the Ultimate release on turn 27 with Mantua, as well as Hungary. I haven't tested other factions but I imagine it could go further than just those two. It seems to happen on Venice's turn. Here is the log . Thanks for any help.

I have tested The Swiss Confederation and Florence (BEATIFUL campaign Scripts by the way) and it plays very good; so I recommend VH/VH. But man the Florence campaign is tough with my house rule...and so much fun!

Amazing work Aneirin!

I sure hope you take the time to include the final scripts!

Current Hotseat:

As I've experienced some time ago, a very good book to read while playing DIK is:
    The Italian Wars 1494-1559. War, State and Society in Early Modern Europe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Table of Contents

Introduction
    1. The genesis of the wars and the first French expedition
    Charles VIII and his inheritance
    French interests in Italy
    King Ferrante of Naples and the other Italian powers
    Preparations for the Italian enterprise
    The final months
    The reactions of the Italian powers
    The march to Naples
    The French in Naples
    The French retreat and the Battle of Fornovo
    The French loss of Naples
    2. Milan and Naples overwhelmed, 1496-1503
    Maximilian’s expedition to Italy, 1496
    The Pisan War, 1495-9
    Preparations for the French invasion of Milan
    The French conquest of Milan, 1499-1500
    France as an Italian power
    The conquest of Naples
    The Spanish expulsion of the French from Naples
    3. The conflict widens
    Florence and Pisa
    Ferdinand in Naples
    Louis in Italy, 1507
    The genesis of the League of Cambrai
    The beginning of the War of the League of Cambrai
    The Battle of Agnadello and its consequences
    The Venetian rally
    The campaign against Venice in 1510
    Julius II and the French
    The campaign in the Veneto in 1511
    The Holy League
    The Battle of Ravenna
    The expulsion of the French from Italy
    4. New orders struggling to be born, 1512-1519
    The restoration of the Medici to Florence
    The settlement in Milan
    The Venetians stand apart
    The French invasion of Milan, 1513
    War in the Veneto
    Diplomatic conflict over Lombardy
    The advent of Francis I and the conquest of Milan, 1515
    The invasion of Milan by Maximilian and the Swiss, 1516
    Final stages of the war against Venice, 1515-16
    The quest for a Medici principate
    The Imperial election
    5. The contest for supremacy in Italy, 1520-1529
    The expulsion of the French, 1521-2
    The claims of the Empire
    The French return to Milan, 1523-4
    Francis I’s second expedition to Italy, 1524-5
    The Battle of Pavia
    The aftermath of the Battle of Pavia
    The Imperial takeover of the Duchy of Milan
    The League of Cognac
    The Sack of Rome
    The war in Lombardy, 1527-8
    The invasion of Naples, 1528
    The last campaign in Lombardy, 1528-9
    The Treaties of Barcelona and Cambrai
    6. Testing the boundaries, 1529-47
    Charles V and Clement VII in Bologna, 1529-30
    The siege of Florence, 1529-30
    The second Congress of Bologna, 1532-3
    Francis I’s designs on Italy
    The devolution of Milan
    The French invasion of Savoy and Piedmont, 1536
    Charles V’s journey through Italy, 1535-6
    Charles V and Francis I again at war in Italy, 1536-7
    Truce and peace
    The renewal of the war in Piedmont, 1542-4
    The Peace of Crépy, 1544
    The promotion of Spanish interests in Italy
    7. The French challenge, 1547-1559
    The War of Parma and Mirandola, 1551-2
    The war in north-west Italy, 1551-2
    Charles V at bay
    The War of Siena, 1552-5
    The transfer of power in Italy from Charles to Philip
    War from the sea
    Corsica
    The war in north-west Italy, 1552-6
    The alliance between France and the papacy
    Alba’s invasion of the Papal States, 1556
    The expedition of the duc de Guise, 1557
    The final phase of the wars
    The Peace of Cateau-Cambrésis
    8. The transformation of war
    Weapons and the balance of arms
    The impact of gunpowder weapons
    Fortifications and siegecraft
    Permanence and professionalism
    Training and skills
    Tactics and strategy
    Leadership
    The war at sea
    The experience of war
    9. The resources of war
    Recruitment and mobilization
    The ordinances: muster and control
    Billeting
    Supply
    Pay
    Naval resources
    The costs of war
    10. Propaganda and images of war
    French Italy
    Imperial Italy
    The papacy at war
    The woes of Italy
    11. The legacies of the wars
    Economic consequences
    A new state system
    An oppressed nation?
    The transformation of military society
    Italy in the Spanish Empire

I have that book Haven't read it yet, though.

I have some gripes with this mod because I love the setting but the gameplay mechanics make it hard to enjoy.

The sheer amount of complicating mechanics really make this campaign massively more difficult than any other total conversion mod. I honestly wish that there were an optional version of this mod with a lot of the extra mechanics cut out or made less punishing. In particular the expenses that are added when you move armies out of settlements could be reduced, and the lengthy recruitment timers could be removed. Units also have ludicrously expensive upkeep, with some being very idiosyncratic (why does a basic pike militia unit cost 500 florins per turn in upkeep, etc.) It's so expensive and difficult to just do anything in this campaign.

I also dislike the historical events that change faction allegiances. For a mod that claims that events will "not necessarily" play out according to history, having one's diplomatic situation suddenly change so often feels like the campaign is being railroaded onto the historical path.

The battle gameplay is frustrating because of how slow pike and halberd units move.