Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1833343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: {DIK} Discussion

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

Just a brief update on the mod. Six factions are currently still without their proper events. But I am very confident, that their implementation will be just a matter of time. That done, I’ll start testing the game and after the tests were successful you’ll have your full release of TIW - Ultimate.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Brilliant Can't wait to see the new additions.

Thanks! There are going to be some very nice events. All with historical context but it’s always the player’s choice what will happen in the end. So you won’t have a set outcome, rather random things can happen.

Great news indeed. Such a wonderful mod deserves a lot more recognition!
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Great news indeed. Such a wonderful mod deserves a lot more recognition!
    Thanks mate! Make sure to spread the word

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Wow, I was on two holidays in September (lucky me, I know) and didn't check this forum for a while. As I already said on the other thread (and as a reply to what you said to me two pages ago, on 24 August, Aneirin ) it's wonderful that this fix for the Pope works. And yes, I should really play as Cesare... Hopefully Genoa will also stop dying for me, though it only really happened once or twice (maybe it was another faction the other time, I can't remember).

Now that condottiere script is a thing of beauty. I would not have thought that such a complicated feature is even possible to implement, well done, my friend! I do have one question, however: If I conquer a foreign city as a condottiere, am I allowed to keep it or is it automatically transferred to the faction I am working for?

Thanks again, keep up the great work
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

"Recruitment Limitation Script"

This is a fantastic feature, just like the one used in BGR V.

But in BRR V the player must choose how many manpower points he wants for the whole year (BGR V has 12 turns per year). And he can check how many manpower points are used or left anytime by pressing the F6 or F7 button.
    In this mod, how can the player know how much manpower he an afford?
    Without knowing, it will be hard to plan recruitment accordingly.
    Am I missing something?

Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    Wow, I was on two holidays in September (lucky me, I know) and didn't check this forum for a while. As I already said on the other thread (and as a reply to what you said to me two pages ago, on 24 August, Aneirin ) it's wonderful that this fix for the Pope works. And yes, I should really play as Cesare... Hopefully Genoa will also stop dying for me, though it only really happened once or twice (maybe it was another faction the other time, I can't remember).

Now that condottiere script is a thing of beauty. I would not have thought that such a complicated feature is even possible to implement, well done, my friend! I do have one question, however: If I conquer a foreign city as a condottiere, am I allowed to keep it or is it automatically transferred to the faction I am working for?

Thanks again, keep up the great work

Lucky you are the fix should also work for Genoa because it adjusts the setting for the old age. Meaning that a character might die of old age.

As for your question for the condottiere script: It would be historical more accurate to pass the settlement on to your employer, but that would be a complete overkill in scripting. How would you know if the settlement that has been conquered was in order of your contract? So I decided to go the easy way

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    "Recruitment Limitation Script"

This is a fantastic feature, just like the one used in BGR V.

But in BRR V the player must choose how many manpower points he wants for the whole year (BGR V has 12 turns per year). And he can check how many manpower points are used or left anytime by pressing the F6 or F7 button.
    In this mod, how can the player know how much manpower he an afford?
    Without knowing, it will be hard to plan recruitment accordingly.
    Am I missing something?
    Great thought! Currently that is not possible but there surely should be a way to find out how many slots are left. Thank's for mentioning it!
    I'll make some adjustments to allow the player to check the current points.

That's good news about Genoa, I'll play some DIK this weekend

You are of course right about the condottiere script. If I'd attack another faction at the same time and conquer their settlement, it would also go do the faction that hired me, and that really wouldn't make a lot of sense!
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

I also thought about bringing the character's trait into account for the calculation of the 'kind' of negotiated condotta.
    A more advanced character would receive more likely a favorable condotta, than one less advanced.
    But that would have took ages to script, so I really chose the easy way here

I can't fault you there

Oh yes I did I finally started a campaign with the Reich and shamefully allowed the rebellious peasants to take a Swabian settlement For some reason, I don't trust the Swabians and I thought it'd be good if they'll be occupied with fighting peasants. I think I played a campaign where the Swabian League betrayed the Emperor and started a full scale invasion of Austria and I'm not keen on that to happen. So far, I've really struggled to maximise income, and Brigands seem to pop up everywhere. Do they actually stop spawning after you've built a watch tower in that area? Because I'm building loads of them to be able to see ANYTHING.
    Pressburg was taken, the condottiere who offered his services to fight against the peasants defeated (after I had rejected him and he had turned angry), but I feel a bit at unease with my possessions around Besancon. So far in my campaigns France hasn't done much, but I'm sure now that I'm their likely enemy and have poorly defended lands near them, that will kick them into action. I'll keep you updated!

Sounds like you have quite some fun!
    As I recall there is a bug at turn 63 for the HRE, in case it occurs to you as well, please let me know and provide me the log.txt, please!

So far, it seems you fight at every front possible? I hope you at least tried to stay at peace with Venice and the Hungarians?

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Did you already update the installer?
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    Did you already update the installer?
    I haven’t had the chance yet. I still work on the events for the minor factions. That done, there will be testings and then a release.

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    I haven’t had the chance yet. I still work on the events for the minor factions. That done, there will be testings and then a release.
    No worries - we're all just very much looking forward to the update. Thank you again for your time and effort!!!
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    Sounds like you have quite some fun!
    As I recall there is a bug at turn 63 for the HRE, in case it occurs to you as well, please let me know and provide me the log.txt, please!

So far, it seems you fight at every front possible? I hope you at least tried to stay at peace with Venice and the Hungarians?
    I did keep amiable relations with Venice and Hungary, and joined the Anti-French League

To the bug: I didn't even make it to turn 63, it crashes at turn 15, at the end of the turn of the Swabian League. To find out if it's a general issue, I started a new campaign with Spain, and the same bug occured, at the end of turn 11, "Medieval II wurde unerwartet beendet" or something like that.
    I'll provide you the log.txt file if you tell me what I have to do Sorry, I've actually never done it before!

Ugh, MTW II might be completely because I installed Windows 10, Broken Crescent also crashes At different points though, only one crash repeats itself like in DIK, where it has not happened anywhere else yet.
    Last edited by Mausolos of Caria; November 10, 2019 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    I did keep amiable relations with Venice and Hungary, and joined the Anti-French League

To the bug: I didn't even make it to turn 63, it crashes at turn 15, at the end of the turn of the Swabian League. To find out if it's a general issue, I started a new campaign with Spain, and the same bug occured, at the end of turn 11, "Medieval II wurde unerwartet beendet" or something like that.
    I'll provide you the log.txt file if you tell me what I have to do Sorry, I've actually never done it before!

Ugh, MTW II might be completely because I installed Windows 10, Broken Crescent also crashess At different points though, only one crash repeats itself like in DIK, where it has not happened anywhere else yet.
    Sure, just trigger the bug once more and then go to your medieval II folder and look for a folder named 'log'. Inside you find a .txt file. Send me that file and I'll have a look at it.

The file was too large to upload it on here, so I send it to you on a different channel. Thanks!

Cheers mate, I'll look into it straight away.

Okay guys to give you a brief update, that's what I have done so far:

- added events for Bologna: Tasse degli Ebrei, A fine hat for the son, A brittle balance, Cesare Borgia, This will be my ruin, A meeting at Magione, A divine rule
    - added events for Ferrara: A brittle balance, An Aesthetes' War, A Lady's demur, Love of your brothers, La Giulia, Excommunicated, A cannon-proof deal, A costly secretary
    - added events for Mantua: A brittle balance, The love of brothers, Attempted murder, Disastrous siege, A relief for the Lady, The Emperor's true servant
    - added events for Urbino: Cesare Borgia, A meeting at Magione
    - added events for Siena: A meeting at Magione,
    - added events for Papal States: A meeting at Magione, A divine rule
    - added events for Genoa: Banco di San Giorgio, Instigated Exiles, A call for freedom, Just another attempt, For the People, Restore our glory
    - added events for Hafsids: Slaves captured (see sea raid script for Hafsids), Siege of Tunis
    - added traits for Bologna: Member of the Società d'arti (Notai - lawyers, Cambiatori - Bankers, Drappieri - Cloth Merchants)
    - added the Condotta-Script for Manuta, Ferrara, Montferrat, Bologna and Urbino
    - adjusted the descr_campaign_db.xml, so the Borgia Pope and several other characters don't die immediately
    - map changes: added ford from Incesia to Saluzzo, added two mountain passages to the Ligurian Coast near Mondovi, added a mountain passage from Saluzzo to Susa, added a ford between Bari and Salerno, added a mountain passage from Urbino to Camerino, added the Island of Tabarka, adjusted the province border of Turin so the armies don't have to cross Milanese territory any more, also added a fort to province of Turin
    - added Ippolito d'Este and Ferrante d'Este to Ferrara as cardinal and general
    - added Recruitment Limitation by Gigantus, base idea by DLV, Neadal
    - transferred ownership of Qusantina from Slave to Hafsids
    - transferred ownership of Annaba from Turks to Slave
    - changed relations between Spain and Hafsids from hostile to allied
    - added siege events for all playable factions
    - added sea raid events for all playable factions

So I've added several events for the minor factions, but also adjusted the starting position of the Hafsids, as well as, the diplomatics with Spain and the Turks.
    As for that, things missing are:

- Events Savoy
    - Events Montferrat
    - Events Urbino
    - Events Siena

When these events are implemented the testing phase can start, means I'll probably need some beta players

Best
    Aneirin

P.S. In case anybody has more event ideas on the Hafsids, feel free. Haven't found really much about them.