Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: {DIK} Discussion

Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

Two of the modders of my favourite mods collaborating...Life is good!
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Cheers

Currently thinking about finally implementing the recruitment restriction script, which I had planned but never got it work.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Great work on the preview.

Thanks! Very appreciated

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Love that condottieri script! Fantastic work. Do you also have scripts for the recruitment of condottieri into your faction? For example, like mercenary captains offering their services to you. If you pay they join you if you don't pay they attack and ravage your lands?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: {DIK} Preview

wow, just fantastic addition mate!

It's the first time I see something similar in Med2 and it's pretty historically accurate as well, very good job
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Love that condottieri script! Fantastic work. Do you also have scripts for the recruitment of condottieri into your faction? For example, like mercenary captains offering their services to you. If you pay they join you if you don't pay they attack and ravage your lands?
    Thank's a lot! Of course there is already such a script in place. Actually since version 4.0. Every time one of the major factions e.g. Milan, France, HRE, Ottomans, etc. starts a war, a random counter is triggered which triggers an event offering the service of a mercenary captain, condottiere, Landsknechthauptmann, Voivode, .. to you. In case you accept his offer, he will stay with you as long as you are at war with the target faction. If his service is no longer required you'll have to pay a final compensation, in case you do not comply, he'll might also raid your lands. Each culture has his one type of mercenary captain, Italians of course Condottieri, Germans Landsknecht, Ottomans Voivodes and so on. So basically the script in the preview is the counter part to this script.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    wow, just fantastic addition mate!

It's the first time I see something similar in Med2 and it's pretty historically accurate as well, very good job
    I took the liberty to move your post out of the preview section, to properly answer your praise
    Thank's first of all and well, yes, I recall something like in the Holy Roman Emperor Mod, where you could select an Emperor. Though in this state it might be a unique feature. It arose mostly out of the lack of events for the minor factions, which were implemented. These faction were quite famous condottieri so I thought it would add some depth to the gameplay implementing this feature. I was very curious what the player might do with this feature. Especially as a minor faction you are very limited in terms of territory and income, this script will boost their rise to power and 'fame'. I think this feature will create a completely new gameplay style for MTWII, since you are more character focused and depended on the continuation of your condotta. In case the war is over, you'll face serious financial losses and be quick to sign up for a new condotta to built up your home territory and keep your army together.

As such, I am really looking forward to seeing you guys playing with this feature. Also I have added the recruitment limitation script which was enhanced by Gigantus for EBII. This script limits your troops in respect to the number of provinces and actual size of the settlements you control. Therefore it is not possible to recruit several thousand men as a minor faction and of course for the AI to steam roll with full stacks. This script actually limits the amounts of units you can have in respect of how many units you are actually able to maintain. For instance the Signoria of Bologna (in control of one large city) would have not been able assemble large armies. As for the King of France, he would of course been able to do so. This script will add more depth to the gameplay and also will make mercenaries even more attractive because these are not taken into account by the script. So the gameplay in terms of war will be one of more temporary armies, which are of course more expensive but due to the limitation of the faction and its supply to maintain troops a necessary one.

Well, that post got longer than I intended, but these are my thoughts on why I have created, implemented these scripts and what my hopes are in terms of gameplay impact for the player

Best
    Aneirin

Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    Thank's a lot! Of course there is already such a script in place. Actually since version 4.0. Every time one of the major factions e.g. Milan, France, HRE, Ottomans, etc. starts a war, a random counter is triggered which triggers an event offering the service of a mercenary captain, condottiere, Landsknechthauptmann, Voivode, .. to you. In case you accept his offer, he will stay with you as long as you are at war with the target faction. If his service is no longer required you'll have to pay a final compensation, in case you do not comply, he'll might also raid your lands. Each culture has his one type of mercenary captain, Italians of course Condottieri, Germans Landsknecht, Ottomans Voivodes and so on. So basically the script in the preview is the counter part to this script.

I took the liberty to move your post out of the preview section, to properly answer your praise
    Thank's first of all and well, yes, I recall something like in the Holy Roman Emperor Mod, where you could select an Emperor. Though in this state it might be a unique feature. It arose mostly out of the lack of events for the minor factions, which were implemented. These faction were quite famous condottieri so I thought it would add some depth to the gameplay implementing this feature. I was very curious what the player might do with this feature. Especially as a minor faction you are very limited in terms of territory and income, this script will boost their rise to power and 'fame'. I think this feature will create a completely new gameplay style for MTWII, since you are more character focused and depended on the continuation of your condotta. In case the war is over, you'll face serious financial losses and be quick to sign up for a new condotta to built up your home territory and keep your army together.

As such, I am really looking forward to seeing you guys playing with this feature. Also I have added the recruitment limitation script which was enhanced by Gigantus for EBII. This script limits your troops in respect to the number of provinces and actual size of the settlements you control. Therefore it is not possible to recruit several thousand men as a minor faction and of course for the AI to steam roll with full stacks. This script actually limits the amounts of units you can have in respect of how many units you are actually able to maintain. For instance the Signoria of Bologna (in control of one large city) would have not been able assemble large armies. As for the King of France, he would of course been able to do so. This script will add more depth to the gameplay and also will make mercenaries even more attractive because these are not taken into account by the script. So the gameplay in terms of war will be one of more temporary armies, which are of course more expensive but due to the limitation of the faction and its supply to maintain troops a necessary one.

Well, that post got longer than I intended, but these are my thoughts on why I have created, implemented these scripts and what my hopes are in terms of gameplay impact for the player

Best
    Aneirin
    And I thought it couldn't get better! wow

Current Hotseat:

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    We are limited to what we can change in M2TW so it's always good to share ideas between mods

My scripts were the product of hours thinking how I could do it, reading and trying ideas from other mods and scripts and later more hours testing it. I sent Aneirin the codes for my scripts and if he needs help with them, I can give him a hand, as long as I have some free time

Actually, Aneirin, tell me later if you were able to put the scripts into the game and what you think of them. I also sent you the maritime raids script right? I've been busy lately and don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    We are limited to what we can change in M2TW so it's always good to share ideas between mods

My scripts were the product of hours thinking how I could do it, reading and trying ideas from other mods and scripts and later more hours testing it. I sent Aneirin the codes for my scripts and if he needs help with them, I can give him a hand, as long as I have some free time

Actually, Aneirin, tell me later if you were able to put the scripts into the game and what you think of them. I also sent you the maritime raids script right? I've been busy lately and don't remember.
    Sure, I'll let you know! As I wrote they seem to fit perfectly to bring the corsairs of the Barbary Coast to life. Yes, you did send me the script, all good

Sure, I'll let you know! As I wrote they seem to fit perfectly to bring the corsairs of the Barbary Coast to life. Yes, you did send me the script, all good
    Nice

If you want to represent some factions additional vulnerability to the corsairs or their lack of a strong patrol fleet in history, one good idea would be to increase the chances to be raided for that particular faction and/or increase the money that they lose!

Anyway, keep going and all the best

Great idea, I’ll keep that in mind! So do you, cheers

Great idea, I’ll keep that in mind! So do you, cheers
    Yeap, that is the proposal for Tsardoms for maritime factions like Genoa, Venice, Ragusa and in your case Pisa to have better chances at various maritime activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Yeap, that is the proposal for Tsardoms for maritime factions like Genoa, Venice, Ragusa and in your case Pisa to have better chances at various maritime activities.
    Also, it is much more fun than those mission you get, where you have to blockade a random port somewhere at the edge of the map.

Also, it is much more fun than those mission you get, where you have to blockade a random port somewhere at the edge of the map.
    Indeed. It gives fleets a greater role in your wars. For example, I tested the script a lot, including the chances, and from my tests I had situations where the AI almost bankrupted my finances due to their constant raids on my ports which were depleting my finances. It obliged me to have more fleets and to keep them patroling my waters, watching out for enemy ships. Another time, the AI declared war on me but didn't send a single army against my regions for a long time, while before this situation would be a boring thing, I actually engaged in a very active maritime war against the faction because their ships were all over the place, attacking and blockading my ports.
    So yeah, it completely changes the way you use your fleets in the game and their importance.

Indeed. It gives fleets a greater role in your wars. For example, I tested the script a lot, including the chances, and from my tests I had situations where the AI almost bankrupted my finances due to their constant raids on my ports which were depleting my finances. It obliged me to have more fleets and to keep them patroling my waters, watching out for enemy ships. Another time, the AI declared war on me but didn't send a single army against my regions for a long time, while before this situation would be a boring thing, I actually engaged in a very active maritime war against the faction because their ships were all over the place, attacking and blockading my ports.
    So yeah, it completely changes the way you use your fleets in the game and their importance.
    Brilliant stuff!

Current Hotseat:

This is just wonderful!

I can only second on this. This will definitely add even more immersion to the game. So, I still haven’t found a decent way to explain all these features to the player. Currently the player gets a huge text at the start of his campaign. Problem with this, it’s to much text and infos, second therefore most of the folk don’t read it. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks Wallachian and Wolf

Aneirin these maritime events are an easy thing to explain since they are pretty simple. You can either create a new historical event that will appear on the second turn telling the player about the new maritime events and what they allow you to do or just write about it when you present the mod. Sure enough the player will know about these events when he starts attacking enemy ports or the contrary starts to happen, since the AI seems to take joy in sending fleets to blockade your ports

Well, one could trigger an event explaining the details of the feature, when the script triggered for the first time. I'll give it a try