Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: {DIK} Discussion

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

Thank's for your praise!

Though I have to say that you are quite lucky, since it is only a beta

That is an interesting question, well, there are surely several. I fear I can only help you with lecture...

An overview would be this one here: https://www.amazon.de/Italian-Wars-1.../dp/0582057582
    Which I have based most of the events/script on.

Classical topics would be of course Machiavelli(Art of War, History of Florence, Discorsi) and of course Francesco Guicciardini

Of course there are plenty of more titles

Best regards,
    Aneirin
    Proud son of Aikanįr and brother of Iskar

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    Though I have to say that you are quite lucky, since it is only a beta
    I don't know if this is a thing everyone do or not, but I always install the games as Administrator (right click on .exe, Run as Administrator). Not running the installer as the Administrator seem to be one of the main culprits behind many of the crashes when it comes to Third Age: Divide and Conquer, so it might be related.

Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    That is an interesting question, well, there are surely several. I fear I can only help you with lecture...

An overview would be this one here: https://www.amazon.de/Italian-Wars-1.../dp/0582057582
    Which I have based most of the events/script on.

Classical topics would be of course Machiavelli(Art of War, History of Florence, Discorsi) and of course Francesco Guicciardini

Of course there are plenty of more titles

Best regards,
    Aneirin
    Thanks. I found this audio lecture from York Uni. on Machiavelli.

Learn and play at the same time. If you have more topics you find interesting and relevant, feel free to share because I know very little. This is after my primary historical period (13-15th century, Western-Northern-Europe).

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Hi, can someone tell me where to hire the Schwyz elite pikemen in 5.0 beta? I've been playing as the Swiss, fully upgraded the city of Bern, but still can't find it!

Many thanks!

Ah, I fear that is mistake with the export_descr_building file.
    This kind of problem appears to the Swabian League as well.

Anyway, if you could send me your export_descr_building file, I'll fix it for you
    And no worries, it was already fixed for the Ultimate version.

Best regards,
    Aneirin

Hi! Can I send files here in the forum? The file has too many characters to copy paste directly. Thank you!

what would be a noob friendly faction to start with? the Ottomans?

also some of the Italian rosters don't have proper unit cards...its suppose to be like that right or did i messed up something in installation?
    Last edited by RyuNoKami; January 25, 2017 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavorka Man View Post
    Hi! Can I send files here in the forum? The file has too many characters to copy paste directly. Thank you!
    Of course you can. Go to the advanced options and look for the paperclip sign

Quote Originally Posted by RyuNoKami View Post
    what would be a noob friendly faction to start with? the Ottomans?

also some of the Italian rosters don't have proper unit cards...its suppose to be like that right or did i messed up something in installation?
    Hmm.. France or Spain are quite easy to begin with, I guess.
    Ottomans, should also be an easier one.

No you did not, it is simply because they are not included in this version.
    You see, it is just a beta

no problem. Thought I screwed something up.

Here it is! Thank you Aneirin!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here you go
    Let me know if it works.

Hi! I tried it on, and now I can recruit Bern City Guards from Bern, but still no Schwyz elite pikemen anywhere

Now it should work, properly.

Thank you very much!!

So did it work?

Yes it did! Now I'm enjoying wrecking everything around me with my elite Swiss pikemen

Always loved the quality and precision of the Swiss! Until recently I didn't know this extended to warfare!

Awesome!
    Feel free to share some screenshots and tell us the story of your campaign, here

When will you be providing a link to the update and will it include of the changes I see mentioned in the forum (and provided in various links, such as
    File Type: txt export_descr_buildings.txt, etc.) - see above.

You mean a patch for the version 5.0 beta?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi Aneirin, I've seen your preview of the Specific Faction Leader Titles. Looks very interesting. A short question: don't you think that having separate ancillarier for those cities block the place for the other ancillaries for an FM? In most my games the limit of 8 is met very soon (if the ancillaries are meaningful for the game you want to give many of them to the FL for him to buff him up). Besides, what happens if there's no space for an ancillary and a settlement is taken?
    BTW - images of ancillaries for all the catholic factions should be the same. It's always the same city.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Thank you Jurand!
    That is a good question indeed. Though, it won't be a big deal. You see, we don't have that many 'meaningful' ancillaries for factionleaders.
    As I recall, there are only two? King of Spain and one I cannot remember right now.
    If the limit is met, it happens nothing at all. The general in the city gets his governor title, that's it.
    In the end of course, only testing will prove what is feasible

Thank's for your opinion.