Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: {DIK} Discussion

Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    No worries

Well, a garrison script would be feasible that is for sure, many mods have one. As I recall TIW had one once too, though we have removed it.. actually I forgot why..?
    Anyway, what do you mean by garrison troops, some militias hastily drawn from the population of the settlement?

Yes. The suggestion was made to make it viable to increase the size of armies and income without making it too easy to take a city by assault.

Finances. The reason it is harder to keep an army in the field in TIW is simply that we wanted to represent the importance of money during this time. Actually the period of the Italian Wars ended simply because the French and Hapsburg ran out of money in the end. So if you are in trouble we have implemented a nice event, enabling you to make a loan , though you might want to consider to send out your merchants to lucrative resources.
    As for the upkeep of the units, I am currently completely overworking that part of the game. TIW-Ultimate will strictly follow the guidelines of Real Recruitment and Real Combat project.

That's great. I love the Real Recruitment Mod. That will be worth waiting for.

As for your idea! Awesome, but sadly it is not feasible. The ability to call a crusade is linked to the college of cardinals, which we have completely deactivated due gameplay and historical reasons

I now see, a bit more clearly, where you're going with this mod. From a historical point of view I agree with you.

Nevertheless, this idea about forming a league is great, the problem is, we have already decided how to deal with such occasions. We chose the historical one, means we will spawn all events according to their dates and in respect of any preconditions. So to implement your idea would mean to completely overthrow our current concept and that is not possible I am afraid

But, many thank's for sharing your ideas
    And thank you for taking the time to design such a great mod.

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

All right, if there is some time and motivation left to include a garrison script we'll do it, though probably only for the really important cities, like Rome, Venice, Lyon, etc

Well, yes, I am currently quite busy coding and calculating all the new unit stats: https://www.facebook.com/ItalianWars...MELINE&fref=nf

Your praise is very appreciated

P.S: Don't forget to vote on our current poll
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

The crusade/council of cardinals is an interesting feature. Is there any way at all to modify it? Obviously the Consistorium was actually very important at this time. It could, for example (if moddable in that way, which I doubt is possible) be used as an inner- Papal States mechanism to control the cardinals and different Roman families, or as a universal feature for all Italian factions which could assemble a league against the French (replacing Muslims) or the Habsburgs (replacing the Christians in the Jihad feature). But I suppose it is all in vain since it would not be possible technically.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Salvo's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

Aneirin

I've just seen this mod, amaizing job my freind!!!
    Keep it up, great work!
    REP++

Cheers!
    Feel free to share your thoughts on our current discussion on TIW battle beta and mercenary replenishment rates

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    The crusade/council of cardinals is an interesting feature. Is there any way at all to modify it? Obviously the Consistorium was actually very important at this time. It could, for example (if moddable in that way, which I doubt is possible) be used as an inner- Papal States mechanism to control the cardinals and different Roman families, or as a universal feature for all Italian factions which could assemble a league against the French (replacing Muslims) or the Habsburgs (replacing the Christians in the Jihad feature). But I suppose it is all in vain since it would not be possible technically.
    I am afraid no, there is no way to modify it or I do not know it...
    But your idea is still awesome and would make the papal gameplay even more challenging and realistic

P.S. Sorry just recognised your comment

My only complaint is that arquebusiers should be available from the start. Same goes for many other units that were present at the beginning of 1494. It ruins it for me when I have to use crossbows a lot since arquebus was present even in the late 15th century. In French army arquebusiers, Gendarmes cavalry and many different pike units were present even in 1494. I do not like Medieval 2 like need to develop buildings to produce advanced units because almost all of them were already present at the beginning of 16th century.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    I am afraid no, there is no way to modify it or I do not know it...
    But your idea is still awesome and would make the papal gameplay even more challenging and realistic

P.S. Sorry just recognised your comment
    No Worries That's a shame, but I suppose we can't do much about it. But keep it in mind, perhaps another mod has achieved something with that before, who knows.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    No Worries That's a shame, but I suppose we can't do much about it. But keep it in mind, perhaps another mod has achieved something with that before, who knows.
    I'll definitely will
    I'll post that question in the modding section, maybe someone has an idea!

Hey, this mod is amazing. I love pike and shot warfare, and I'm so glad that this mod does the job so well. My question is, how do I form Tuscany with Florence? Also, as Florence I don't have any family members with the excepetion of two guys, is that right? How can I get more generals? Also, do you plan including historicl bulding to famous cities?

Thanks for this mod, I realy loved it. I wish I could help, but modding and progaming are beyond the reach of my small arms for now.

Many thank's for your praise!

There are several requirements, first an alliance with HRE, you need to conquer all of Tuscany (the specific regions can be found in the descriptions of your faction leaders anc), the Medici have to be Florence's ruler and it has to be later than 1530

Normally the engine generates new candidates. Only way to influence it is by conquering new regions.
    We already have, check the independent Lordships and republics! For our new version we'll add a bunch of new ones, check out our previews.

Thanks for the quick reply! So I think I'm doomed, since I have refused to put the Medici in power when the event poop up.
    I'm playing version 5, btw. I'm saying this because family members\generals will litaraly not spawn. I can't even click on my Podesta; he is not even on the map.

Should I install version 4 and wait for the next release? The only suggestion that I woud make is to increase the variety of mercenaries. Again, thank you, this mod is superb.

No you are not doom, there will be a change to restore Medici rule in 1515 or so

That is because he is currently send off map

Well, 4.1 is definitely more stable and I recommend to play it instead of 5.0.

Hmm.. maybe we'll be able to release this December

Hey, its me again. i am playing the version 4.1, and it is glorious. But let me ask you, how long until I am able to recruit the hungarian mounted arquebusiers unit? Thank you again, this mod is a work of art.

As I recall, either you or the Ottomans have to conquer Bihac get get these units available.
    That is the same thing with the Uskoks, though I forgot the settlement's name.
    I'll look it up as soon as I am back home

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Really interesting the voices that you added. It would be great to see Arabic in the mod.
    I will try and aid to spread the idea, as much as i can.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise Coffin View Post
    Really interesting the voices that you added. It would be great to see Arabic in the mod.
    I will try and aid to spread the idea, as much as i can.
    Thank's!
    Well, the real challenge is that the voice.dat is about 1,3 GB now.
    Currently my install creator can't handle that size, but I'll find a proper solution, no worries

That would be great!
    The voices from Empire Total War would be at least a start, we would still need voices for the merchant and some parts of the diplomat speeches.
    Since Empire hasn't got those kind of agents anymore.

At the moment we are discussing implementing their voices at least partly or wait till we might be able to implement them completely.
    We'll see

dikaios's Avatar Foederatus

I have to say that the unit cards are pretty amazing and I do really hope to use them soon in battle! May I ask, if it could be possible, to give us the names of the units from the Area of Recruitment?

ps. Aneirin, continue the good job!

Thank's mate!
    Sure, I will post a name list this evening.

We definitely will

dikaios's Avatar Foederatus

I hope it wont be "Joint Kind of Hungary" but Joint King of Hungary

Cheers!