Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445
Results 881 to 893 of 893

Thread: {DIK} Discussion

  1. #881
    Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Gododdin
    Posts
    2,728

    Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

    To be honest the AI needs every help it can get and the Garrison Script, for at least key capitals, is a nice, realistic AI boost as it represents the inhabitants taking up arms to defend the city.

    I understand you do not like VH battle AI because of the unrealistic morale and hit points to the AI.
    But what about Campaign AI?
    Did you test it at VH? Is it more aggressive or rather suicidal?

    I have been watching the new Let's Play in French on YT ( I shared the link a few posts above) and he is paying at H/H and I feel the AI can be a tad more aggressive and have better morale in battle.
    So maybe VH/VH is worth testing?

    So when can we expect this highly anticipated update to be finally released?
    I am delaying my new campaign waiting for this

    Cheers,
    DBW
    Sure, the AI is always in need of some 'human-scripting help' though, there is a kind of garrison script in place already. The script for the independent cities and republics. I'll see if I kind find some time to expand it to more cities.

    Just go ahead VH as campaign AI sounds like fun to play. Feel free to give it a shot and share your thoughts on the AI.

    As for the release date, that is hardly to say right now. It is absolutely depended on my amount of spare time,
    which is currently none existent. No worries, I'll guess some time this year

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Here are a few current ongoing Let's Plays with this lovely mod:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sddptj4-o34&t=1318s > Republic of Ragusa, in English
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvwMRaEzPCU&t=1203s > Kiingdom of Spain, in Spanish
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIsv9TYLyx4&t=102s > Kingdom of France, in French
    Awesome, thank's I'll have a look at these some time on the weekend
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

  2. #882
    dikaios's Avatar Foederatus
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

    Hi, first of all I would like to say Aneirin I sincerely thank you for this amazing mod! I have been following for a long time the development of this mod but just now I found the time to try it out in the 5.0 version. I am very pleased with the whole content but I would like to ask something. I can't find how to recruit Footmen, Hadjuks, Armoured Hussars and Militia Miners as Hungary. Is their recruitment tied to an event? If that's the case then which is this event and which are the requirements for it to happen?

    EDIT: Alright I found out how to train some of the units! For Hajduks you have to first lose and then recapture Bihac. After that you'll be able to train Hajduks at the settlements where you have inns.
    For Uskoks you have to first lose and then recapture Sinj. After that you'll be able to train Uskoks at the settlements where you have dirt roads (basically everywhere).
    For Armored Hussars I believe (have not tested it yet) it is tied to an event about requesting help from Poland. Or that was at least in the previous versions of the mod.

    About the Footmen and the Militia Miners I couldn't find anything. Any help will be appreciated!
    Last edited by dikaios; April 23, 2020 at 05:32 AM.

  3. #883

    Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

    Hi Aneirin,

    I hope you are doing great.

    We are still eagerly waiting for the last update you are working on.

    Any news on the progress?

    Cheers!
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

    Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

  4. #884

    Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

    Please, Aneirin, finish it!! You're SOOOOO close to complete this masterpiece!!!

  5. #885
    Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Gododdin
    Posts
    2,728

    Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

    Okay guys, I found some time this afternoon and prepare a release of what I've got so far.
    Though it won't be a bug tested version, but mostly playable and with tones of new scripts eg. Condotta

    Best Aneirin
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

  6. #886
    Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cracovia
    Posts
    4,225

    Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    Okay guys, I found some time this afternoon and prepare a release of what I've got so far.
    Though it won't be a bug tested version, but mostly playable and with tones of new scripts eg. Condotta

    Best Aneirin
    We're happy anytime you happen to be online :-)
    BTW, have you messed with the resources / trade system in the past?
    I've been recently working on this in the SSHIP
    Code:
    ;=========================================================================================================== SCANDINAVIA;
    ; furs and timber are present in many Scandinavia provinces are given due to both historical considerations and also to the M2TW engine mechanics: provinces do not trade with the same resources
    ; (thus placing these resources in each province DISables unhistorical trade between them, but enables the very historical overseas exports with the warehouses - this is even more historical since they'll be build rightly late, perhaps late 13c.)
    
    
    ;  BERGEN - Bergen_Province
    resource	tin,		113,	286		; tribute for the overseas: tusk from Island and Greenland
    resource	tin,		113,	286		; tribute for the north: stockfish from Lofoten, tolls from Nidaros
    resource	fish,		122,	266		; fish from the open seas
    resource	fish,		138,	265		; fish from the coastal waters
    resource	timber,		119,	280		; timber and pitch the longships were made of (from nearby woods)
    
    
    ;  OSLO - Oslo_Province
    resource	camels,		163,	274		; honey and wax from the woods
    resource	ivory,		159,	285		; butter from the farmers in the Dalen
    resource	timber,		151,	273		; timber and pitch the longships were made of (from nearby woods)
    
    
    ;  SWERIKE - Sigtuna_Province
    resource	iron,		196,	285		; copper from Dalarna region
    resource	furs,		172,	278		; furs from the deep woods (no trade with Kalmar and Skara, but with Lund, Gdansk or Novgorod)
    resource	timber,		198,	273		; timber from the woods
    
    
    ;  GOTALAND - Skara_Province
    resource	furs,		182,	269		; furs from the northern forests
    resource	timber,		170,	262		; timber from the woods
    
    
    ;  GOTLAND - Visby_Province
    resource	tin,		212,	260		; tolls from the Baltic trade for Visby was an important hub
    
    
    ;  SMALAND - Kalmar_Province
    resource	furs,		184,	259		; furs from the northern forests
    resource	timber,		194,	257		; timber from the woods
    
    
    ;  SKANE - Lund_Province
    resource	tin,		169,	249		; tolls on the Sund strait (nice placement on the water)
    resource	tin,		169,	249
    resource	fish,		174,	244		; the cogs of the Hanseatic League would always come from Lubeck to Skane, buy fish and get it to the east
    resource	fish,		185,	250
    
    
    ;  ZELAND - Roskilde_Province
    resource	sulfur,		167,	246		; linen produced for Roskilde and Lund
    resource	camels,		160,	245		; honey was the main sweetener in this part of the world (to be checked if this is the best choice for the resource here... not sure)
    
    
    ;  JUTLAND - Ribe_Province
    resource	chocolate,	143,	245		; glass industry next to Ribe
    resource	fish,		152,	253		; fish from all around coast
    resource	fish,		142,	257
    
    
    
    
    ;=========================================================================================================== BALTICS
    
    
    ;  FINLAND - Turku_Province
    ; no need for timber placement (what would have been needed if one needs to prevent unhistorical imports from Sweden) since Finland is very unlikely to be a destination of sea trade from any other province (there're many better alternatives), and exports to Novgorod is unlikely
    resource	furs,		244,	284		; the northern furs of exquisite quality (not tradable with many other provinces but with Novgorod yes)
    
    
    ;  ESTONIA - Kolyvan_Province
    resource	amber,		250,	266     ; the most northern resource of amber
    resource	camels,		260,	268     ; honey from the woods (no more furs or fish - they're in the neighbouring provinces)
    
    
    ;  LATVIA - Riga_Province
    resource	tobacco,	246,	255		; salt on the coast
    resource	fish,		238,	260		; fish from the Riga bay
    resource	amber,		230,	255     ; the most northern source of amber
    
    
    ;  LITHUANIA - Kernave_Province
    resource	amber,		230,	248		; for centuries the second best place to dig amber. Good spot for a merchant.
    resource	amber,		230,	248
    resource	sulfur,		245,	239		; linen produced for the capital
    resource	camels,		256,	244		; honey from the woods
    resource	tin,		251,	240		; luxurious stuff from the capital
    
    
    ;  BLACK RUTHENIA - Hrodna_Province
    resource	textiles,	246,	229     ; TEXTILES: local industry in a culturaly quite developed province
    resource	camels,		256,	229     ; HONEY from the woods
    
    
    ;  PRUSSIA - Twangste_Province
    ; no timber, furs - they'll be imported from the neighbouring provinces, so it can be reconsidered
    resource	fish,		227,	243		; FISH will not be traded with Gdansk
    resource	amber,		221,	240		; AMBER in Sambia peninsula - for centuries it was the best place for extracting it. Good spot for a merchant.
    resource	amber,		221,	240
    resource	dogs,		217,	229		; FRUITS from the very feritile Dobrzyn region
    
    
    
    
    ;=========================================================================================================== CENTRAL EUROPE
    ;	iron -> Metals		ivory -> Oil		tobacco -> Salt		chocolate -> Glass		sulfur -> Linen
    ;	coal -> Herbs		dogs -> Fruits		camels -> Honey		tin -> Luxury Goods		elephants -> Cattle
    ;	gold, silver, marble, timber, slaves, amber, textiles, dyes, silk, cotton, furs, wool, spices, sugar, wine, grain, fish
    
    
    ;  MASOVIA - Plock_Province
    resource	camels,		236,	217		; honey from the woods (no trade with Lithuania and Wielkopolska, and this is ok)
    resource	furs,		231,	225		; furs from the woods
    
    
    ;  POLONIA MINOR - Krakow_Province
    resource	tin,		226,	208     ; luxury stuff produced at the rulers court
    resource	silver,		221,	211		; lead mines at Olkusz
    resource	tobacco,	228,	205		; salt in Wieliczka and Bochnia (salines, and from 2nd part of 13c also mines)
    resource	grain,		236,	209		; grain in the Vistula valley
    resource	grain,		229,	208		; grain in the Vistula valley
    
    
    ;  POLONIA MAIOR - Poznan_Province
    resource	grain,		211,	226		; Kujawia and region around Thorn was very feritile in the MA
    resource	chocolate,	201,	224		; glass industry was present in the Polonia Maior cities
    resource	furs,		209,	219		; from the forests around (no trade with Masovia)
    
    
    ;  SILESIA - Wroclaw_Province
    resource	dogs,		200,	217		; Odra valley was very feritile and fruits were abound
    resource	sulfur,		195,	217		; linen craft was essential source of Silesian wealth
    resource	iron,		190,	213		; the Ostsiedlung in 13c. started with gold rush in Silesia (city of Goldberg). Wroclaw wealth was build upon it even if more other metals were dug.
    
    
    ;  POMERANIA GEDANENSIS - Gdansk_Province
    resource	fish,		199,	238		; fish was the staple of the population
    resource	textiles,	214,	231		; textiles production was very developed in Gdansk and other cities
    resource	tin,		214,	236		; represents the trade that made Gdansk the biggest city both in Poland and in the Baltics in 15/16c.
    resource	amber,		211,	238		; coast of the Bay of Gdansk abounded with amber (no trade with Prussia)
    
    
    ;  POMERANIA - Szczecin_Province
    resource	fish,		187,	235		; fish was the staple
    
    
    ;  BRANDENBURG - Brandeburg_Province
    ; throughout the Middle Ages this was not very rich province so only two low-income resources
    resource	dogs,		174,	222		; fruits
    resource	camels,		169,	228		; honey
    
    
    ;  MECKLEMBURG - Lubeck_Province
    resource	tin,		157,	234		; the city was the hub of trade given it's geographical location and trade power
    resource	tin,		157,	234
    resource	tobacco,	154,	230		; salt from Luneburg: it was imported from the Elbe valley but was a main export of Lubeck to the east. In the M2TW engine it's best to give it to Lubeck.
    
    
    ;  MORAVIA - Olomoc_Province
    resource	camels,		198,	203		; honey from the woods (fits the neighbouring provinces well)
    resource	iron,		192,	199		; metals from the Jihlava (Iglau) region, but it signifies the overall abundance of this stuff also in the Sudeten Mts.
    
    
    ;  BOHEMIA - Prague_Province
    resource	iron,		176,	208		; Bohemia had plenty of metals in Rudavy mts., as also in the south
    resource	silver,		188,	202		; silver mines of Kutna Hora supplied 1/3 of Europe's demand for silver in 14c.
    resource	silver,		188,	202
    resource	sulfur,		175,	203		; linen was produced and exported (in 15c. whole cloth industry developed)

  7. #887
    Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Gododdin
    Posts
    2,728

    Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    We're happy anytime you happen to be online :-)
    BTW, have you messed with the resources / trade system in the past?
    I've been recently working on this in the SSHIP
    Code:
    ;=========================================================================================================== SCANDINAVIA;
    ; furs and timber are present in many Scandinavia provinces are given due to both historical considerations and also to the M2TW engine mechanics: provinces do not trade with the same resources
    ; (thus placing these resources in each province DISables unhistorical trade between them, but enables the very historical overseas exports with the warehouses - this is even more historical since they'll be build rightly late, perhaps late 13c.)
    
    
    ;  BERGEN - Bergen_Province
    resource    tin,        113,    286        ; tribute for the overseas: tusk from Island and Greenland
    resource    tin,        113,    286        ; tribute for the north: stockfish from Lofoten, tolls from Nidaros
    resource    fish,        122,    266        ; fish from the open seas
    resource    fish,        138,    265        ; fish from the coastal waters
    resource    timber,        119,    280        ; timber and pitch the longships were made of (from nearby woods)
    
    
    ;  OSLO - Oslo_Province
    resource    camels,        163,    274        ; honey and wax from the woods
    resource    ivory,        159,    285        ; butter from the farmers in the Dalen
    resource    timber,        151,    273        ; timber and pitch the longships were made of (from nearby woods)
    
    
    ;  SWERIKE - Sigtuna_Province
    resource    iron,        196,    285        ; copper from Dalarna region
    resource    furs,        172,    278        ; furs from the deep woods (no trade with Kalmar and Skara, but with Lund, Gdansk or Novgorod)
    resource    timber,        198,    273        ; timber from the woods
    
    
    ;  GOTALAND - Skara_Province
    resource    furs,        182,    269        ; furs from the northern forests
    resource    timber,        170,    262        ; timber from the woods
    
    
    ;  GOTLAND - Visby_Province
    resource    tin,        212,    260        ; tolls from the Baltic trade for Visby was an important hub
    
    
    ;  SMALAND - Kalmar_Province
    resource    furs,        184,    259        ; furs from the northern forests
    resource    timber,        194,    257        ; timber from the woods
    
    
    ;  SKANE - Lund_Province
    resource    tin,        169,    249        ; tolls on the Sund strait (nice placement on the water)
    resource    tin,        169,    249
    resource    fish,        174,    244        ; the cogs of the Hanseatic League would always come from Lubeck to Skane, buy fish and get it to the east
    resource    fish,        185,    250
    
    
    ;  ZELAND - Roskilde_Province
    resource    sulfur,        167,    246        ; linen produced for Roskilde and Lund
    resource    camels,        160,    245        ; honey was the main sweetener in this part of the world (to be checked if this is the best choice for the resource here... not sure)
    
    
    ;  JUTLAND - Ribe_Province
    resource    chocolate,    143,    245        ; glass industry next to Ribe
    resource    fish,        152,    253        ; fish from all around coast
    resource    fish,        142,    257
    
    
    
    
    ;=========================================================================================================== BALTICS
    
    
    ;  FINLAND - Turku_Province
    ; no need for timber placement (what would have been needed if one needs to prevent unhistorical imports from Sweden) since Finland is very unlikely to be a destination of sea trade from any other province (there're many better alternatives), and exports to Novgorod is unlikely
    resource    furs,        244,    284        ; the northern furs of exquisite quality (not tradable with many other provinces but with Novgorod yes)
    
    
    ;  ESTONIA - Kolyvan_Province
    resource    amber,        250,    266     ; the most northern resource of amber
    resource    camels,        260,    268     ; honey from the woods (no more furs or fish - they're in the neighbouring provinces)
    
    
    ;  LATVIA - Riga_Province
    resource    tobacco,    246,    255        ; salt on the coast
    resource    fish,        238,    260        ; fish from the Riga bay
    resource    amber,        230,    255     ; the most northern source of amber
    
    
    ;  LITHUANIA - Kernave_Province
    resource    amber,        230,    248        ; for centuries the second best place to dig amber. Good spot for a merchant.
    resource    amber,        230,    248
    resource    sulfur,        245,    239        ; linen produced for the capital
    resource    camels,        256,    244        ; honey from the woods
    resource    tin,        251,    240        ; luxurious stuff from the capital
    
    
    ;  BLACK RUTHENIA - Hrodna_Province
    resource    textiles,    246,    229     ; TEXTILES: local industry in a culturaly quite developed province
    resource    camels,        256,    229     ; HONEY from the woods
    
    
    ;  PRUSSIA - Twangste_Province
    ; no timber, furs - they'll be imported from the neighbouring provinces, so it can be reconsidered
    resource    fish,        227,    243        ; FISH will not be traded with Gdansk
    resource    amber,        221,    240        ; AMBER in Sambia peninsula - for centuries it was the best place for extracting it. Good spot for a merchant.
    resource    amber,        221,    240
    resource    dogs,        217,    229        ; FRUITS from the very feritile Dobrzyn region
    
    
    
    
    ;=========================================================================================================== CENTRAL EUROPE
    ;    iron -> Metals        ivory -> Oil        tobacco -> Salt        chocolate -> Glass        sulfur -> Linen
    ;    coal -> Herbs        dogs -> Fruits        camels -> Honey        tin -> Luxury Goods        elephants -> Cattle
    ;    gold, silver, marble, timber, slaves, amber, textiles, dyes, silk, cotton, furs, wool, spices, sugar, wine, grain, fish
    
    
    ;  MASOVIA - Plock_Province
    resource    camels,        236,    217        ; honey from the woods (no trade with Lithuania and Wielkopolska, and this is ok)
    resource    furs,        231,    225        ; furs from the woods
    
    
    ;  POLONIA MINOR - Krakow_Province
    resource    tin,        226,    208     ; luxury stuff produced at the rulers court
    resource    silver,        221,    211        ; lead mines at Olkusz
    resource    tobacco,    228,    205        ; salt in Wieliczka and Bochnia (salines, and from 2nd part of 13c also mines)
    resource    grain,        236,    209        ; grain in the Vistula valley
    resource    grain,        229,    208        ; grain in the Vistula valley
    
    
    ;  POLONIA MAIOR - Poznan_Province
    resource    grain,        211,    226        ; Kujawia and region around Thorn was very feritile in the MA
    resource    chocolate,    201,    224        ; glass industry was present in the Polonia Maior cities
    resource    furs,        209,    219        ; from the forests around (no trade with Masovia)
    
    
    ;  SILESIA - Wroclaw_Province
    resource    dogs,        200,    217        ; Odra valley was very feritile and fruits were abound
    resource    sulfur,        195,    217        ; linen craft was essential source of Silesian wealth
    resource    iron,        190,    213        ; the Ostsiedlung in 13c. started with gold rush in Silesia (city of Goldberg). Wroclaw wealth was build upon it even if more other metals were dug.
    
    
    ;  POMERANIA GEDANENSIS - Gdansk_Province
    resource    fish,        199,    238        ; fish was the staple of the population
    resource    textiles,    214,    231        ; textiles production was very developed in Gdansk and other cities
    resource    tin,        214,    236        ; represents the trade that made Gdansk the biggest city both in Poland and in the Baltics in 15/16c.
    resource    amber,        211,    238        ; coast of the Bay of Gdansk abounded with amber (no trade with Prussia)
    
    
    ;  POMERANIA - Szczecin_Province
    resource    fish,        187,    235        ; fish was the staple
    
    
    ;  BRANDENBURG - Brandeburg_Province
    ; throughout the Middle Ages this was not very rich province so only two low-income resources
    resource    dogs,        174,    222        ; fruits
    resource    camels,        169,    228        ; honey
    
    
    ;  MECKLEMBURG - Lubeck_Province
    resource    tin,        157,    234        ; the city was the hub of trade given it's geographical location and trade power
    resource    tin,        157,    234
    resource    tobacco,    154,    230        ; salt from Luneburg: it was imported from the Elbe valley but was a main export of Lubeck to the east. In the M2TW engine it's best to give it to Lubeck.
    
    
    ;  MORAVIA - Olomoc_Province
    resource    camels,        198,    203        ; honey from the woods (fits the neighbouring provinces well)
    resource    iron,        192,    199        ; metals from the Jihlava (Iglau) region, but it signifies the overall abundance of this stuff also in the Sudeten Mts.
    
    
    ;  BOHEMIA - Prague_Province
    resource    iron,        176,    208        ; Bohemia had plenty of metals in Rudavy mts., as also in the south
    resource    silver,        188,    202        ; silver mines of Kutna Hora supplied 1/3 of Europe's demand for silver in 14c.
    resource    silver,        188,    202
    resource    sulfur,        175,    203        ; linen was produced and exported (in 15c. whole cloth industry developed)
    Cheers mate
    Well, not really. Simply due lack of knowledge and fear of messing things up.
    Were you able to get some new insights on the trading system?
    Trading would be an interesting part, especially for the trade republics like Genoa, Venice or Ragusa.
    I used buildings with bonuses to represent their connections and trading networks in my mod.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

  8. #888
    Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cracovia
    Posts
    4,225

    Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    Cheers mate
    Well, not really. Simply due lack of knowledge and fear of messing things up.
    Were you able to get some new insights on the trading system?
    Trading would be an interesting part, especially for the trade republics like Genoa, Venice or Ragusa.
    I used buildings with bonuses to represent their connections and trading networks in my mod.
    Well, I do have some knowleged on the trading system. IMO, it's the best system in the whole TW series.
    Some insights from the point of view of resources:
    ;----------- RESOURCES ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
    ; Placement of resources - take into account:
    ; (1) historicity:
    ; --- some provinces were famous for certain resources (eg. salt near Krakow, wool in England, wine along Rhein, in Hungary, or in Monemvasia)
    ; --- the overall balance in the income from provinces and their development over centuries.
    ; (2) how the trade between provinces is generated by the M2TW engine
    ; --- a province trades with the neighbouring provinces: the more land borders (even over the impassable terrain), the more trade connections
    ; --- only sea trade for the islands (need to have plenty of resources to be at par with other provinces)
    ; --- no trade of the same good: the neighbouring provinces do not trade the same resource
    ; (3) merchants' profitability:
    ; --- in the vicinity of capital there should be the high-income manufacturing resources (textiles, glass) so that own merchants won't be placed on those resources
    ; --- stacking of resources make a place more profitable and it should be put in the places famous for resources - where it would be historical to see a merchant at work
    Do you know stuff discussed here?

  9. #889
    shikaka's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Miskolc/Budapest (HUN)
    Posts
    2,213

    Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

    Downloaded the mod, for some reason I was not aware of it. Looks awesome.

    Two questions:
    1: what is the easiest, but fun italian faction to start learning the game with? (not spanish, german, or otto)

    2: Is the development of the Hungary faction finished? I found some strange things which you might want to correct. Or might not. If you plan to review it at a point, I can collect them for you. (but I wouldn't bother if you don't want to change them) I mean things like providing historical generals, collect the serbian (?) names of provinces (like "knyazhevo"?)

  10. #890
    Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Gododdin
    Posts
    2,728

    Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

    Cheers mate!

    As for your questions:
    1. I'd say Papal States, they are the ones with a more easy start in gameplay. Hardest are definitely Naples, Milan or one of the minor factions like Urbino, Bologna or Montferrat.

    2. Feel free to give feedback to the Hungarian faction if there is anything you might feel is not correct

    Best
    Aneirin
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

  11. #891
    shikaka's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Miskolc/Budapest (HUN)
    Posts
    2,213

    Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    Cheers mate!
    As for your questions:
    1. I'd say Papal States, they are the ones with a more easy start in gameplay. Hardest are definitely Naples, Milan or one of the minor factions like Urbino, Bologna or Montferrat.
    Thanks for the tip!



    2. Feel free to give feedback to the Hungarian faction if there is anything you might feel is not correct
    I wouldn't say it not correct, good job on the mod. I still have some observations if you are interested. Feel free to disregard them: the mod already represents Hungary quite well. Good job!


    Forts:
    There are few forts which have, I think serbian (?) names. Nitrianske Kniezatstvo, Viroviticko zupanija, Podrucje Sinj


    Settlements:
    I cannot tell what naming patterns you used, so I just list all versions which make sense:
    Sissek: Sziszek (HU), Sisak (HR), Sisseg (DE)
    Banjaluka: Banja Luka (HR), Orbászvár (HU)
    Jajce (HR/BA), hungarian is Jajca
    Bihac (HR), hungarian is Bihács
    Severin: I don't know what this settlement represents
    Warasdin (DE): Varasd (HU), Varazdin (HR)
    Odenburg (DE): Sopron (HU)
    Pressburg (DE): Pozsony (HU), Bratislava (SK)
    Raab (DE): Győr (HU)
    Eszék (HU): Osijek (HR), Essegg (DE)


    Characters.
    Vladislaw the honorable: Wladyslaw (PL), Ulászló (HU), Vladislav (CZ)
    Boris of Pécs and Prince Kálmán are I think placeholders?

    Ideas:
    Tamás Bakócz, cardinal (51 y/o, 1442-1521) he ran for the Papal job (wasn't elected), later organized a crusade which turned out to be a big peasant rebellion.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tam%C3%A1s_Bak%C3%B3cz
    Pál Kinizsi, general (62 y/o, 1432-1494). The last big scale general of Mathias Corvinus
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A1l_Kinizsi
    János Bornemissza, general (33 y/o, 1460-1527). Major figure in Hungary until after Mohács. Was zhupan of Pozsony (Pressburg)
    Bernardin Frankopan, general (40, 1453-1529). Not himself, but he was the father of the "main" general of the regaion during the 16th century. (Kristo Frankopan)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernardin_Frankopan
    János Corvinus (31, 1473-1504) croatian ban, bastard son of Mathias Corvinus. On of the richest magnates. Was slain in a battle against the ottomans in 1504.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Corvinus


    Roster: generally very good.
    In this period Hungary used lots of heavy cavalry, even more light cavalry, and some heavy infantry. Infantry was defensive: arquebus, crossbow, halberd behind pavese shieldbearers.
    What is not in line with this is only two units:
    1: the szekler horse archer. These are not used for quite some time. I would advise to change it to a noble insurrection or noble volunteer unit, which should be similar to the hussar, but worse.
    2: pavese shieldbearer is missing from the roster. Similar to Medieval 2 vanilla pavese, but actually these were heavily armored professionals.

    Other: Hungary didn't really use serfs in battle, or for guarding towns. It doesn't really hurt the mod, but traditionally they were not given weapons. (1514: instant rebellion) Manpower was not really the problem in this period, professionals and some chosen mercs provided enough against all opposition in Europe. Except for the ottomans of course, but they were dominant for different reasons.
    (logistics, centralized supply, independent of continental european harvest, planning, funds, etc.) It took Europe to struggle through the 30 years war to understand what the ottomans already know in 1500.

    You might want to see this, the magyar mod guys did very authentic units for the period (costumes are less "steppe" and bit more western, but it is not a big deal)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdIgp1davEY
    Last edited by shikaka; September 25, 2020 at 09:12 AM. Reason: updated personnel with links also corrected Christoph Frankopan -> Kristo Frankopan

  12. #892

    Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by shikaka View Post
    Thanks for the tip!





    I wouldn't say it not correct, good job on the mod. I still have some observations if you are interested. Feel free to disregard them: the mod already represents Hungary quite well. Good job!


    Forts:
    There are few forts which have, I think serbian (?) names. Nitrianske Kniezatstvo, Viroviticko zupanija, Podrucje Sinj


    Settlements:
    I cannot tell what naming patterns you used, so I just list all versions which make sense:
    Sissek: Sziszek (HU), Sisak (HR), Sisseg (DE)
    Banjaluka: Banja Luka (HR), Orbászvár (HU)
    Jajce (HR/BA), hungarian is Jajca
    Bihac (HR), hungarian is Bihács
    Severin: I don't know what this settlement represents
    Warasdin (DE): Varasd (HU), Varazdin (HR)
    Odenburg (DE): Sopron (HU)
    Pressburg (DE): Pozsony (HU), Bratislava (SK)
    Raab (DE): Győr (HU)
    Eszék (HU): Osijek (HR), Essegg (DE)


    Characters.
    Vladislaw the honorable: Wladyslaw (PL), Ulászló (HU), Vladislav (CZ)
    Boris of Pécs and Prince Kálmán are I think placeholders?

    Ideas:
    Tamás Bakócz, cardinal (51 y/o, 1442-1521) he ran for the Papal job (wasn't elected), later organized a crusade which turned out to be a big peasant rebellion.
    Pál Kinizsi, general (62 y/o, 1432-1494). The last big scale general of Mathias Corvinus
    János Bornemissza, general (33 y/o, 1460-1527). Major figure in Hungary until after Mohács. Was zhupan of Pozsony (Pressburg)
    Bernardin Frankopan, general (40, 1453-1529). Not himself, but he was the father of the "main" general of the regaion during the 16th century. (Christoph Frankopan)
    János Corvinus (31, 1473-1504) croatian ban, bastard son of Mathias Corvinus. Was slain in a battle against the ottomans in 1504.



    Roster: generally very good.
    In this period Hungary used lots of heavy cavalry, even more light cavalry, and some heavy infantry. Infantry was defensive: arquebus, crossbow, halberd behind pavese shieldbearers.
    What is not in line with this is only two units:
    1: the szekler horse archer. These are not used for quite some time. I would advise to change it to a noble insurrection or noble volunteer unit, which should be similar to the hussar, but worse.
    2: pavese shieldbearer is missing from the roster. Similar to Medieval 2 vanilla pavese, but actually these were heavily armored professionals.

    Other: Hungary didn't really use serfs in battle, or for guarding towns. It doesn't really hurt the mod, but traditionally they were not given weapons. (1514: instant rebellion) Manpower was not really the problem in this period, professionals and some chosen mercs provided enough against all opposition in Europe. Except for the ottomans of course, but they were dominant for different reasons.
    (logistics, centralized supply, independent of continental european harvest, planning, funds, etc.) It took Europe to struggle through the 30 years war to understand what the ottomans already know in 1500.

    You might want to see this, the magyar mod guys did very authentic units for the period (costumes are less "steppe" and bit more western, but it is not a big deal)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdIgp1davEY
    Great contribution, thanks!
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

    Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

  13. #893

    Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

    Not sure if this is the ideal place to post this but its been a while since anyone has posted in the bug reports area. I am having CTD issues with the Ultimate release on turn 27 with Mantua, as well as Hungary. I haven't tested other factions but I imagine it could go further than just those two. It seems to happen on Venice's turn. Here is the log . Thanks for any help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •