Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bugs

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Bugs

ah then my corruption changes need some tweaking, i lowered the max cooruption effect and its scaling. Will look into add some back.

Food doesnt cause attrition anymore only financial problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    Food doesnt cause attrition anymore only financial problems.
    Then I simply have no idea why all Suebi armies was under attrition. Ofc they could spent all that coin I was throwing their way, but then it's even more crazy as they still didn't get lots of expensive units

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Ive figured out a reason for some crashes. the fix will be included in the patch 8.1 compatible update

Argh! Those legionaries just can't hold their damn possitions, after every clash with the enemy I have to manually get them back into their original positions, or there will be mess on the battlefield like this...

... instead of line formation.

Can something be done to fix this? Cuz it's really frustrating and somewhat gamebreaking when enemy can just attack my unit from flanks/rear because my unit is laze enough to get back to its original position, while I'm taking some nice screenshots of massacre

Nothing big but since I've started a new campaign since your latest updates came out, the unit card for Auxillary Short Swords seems to show Bireme Hastati (I'm the Romans and this was in Patavium).

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Thats strange as ive not touched that unit, but i know what causes the problem.

Auxillia will be replaced shortly any way so its only temporary

when I click on the Iceni in the custom battle selection, there is just a blank screen (where the units should be)

i had a seige battle today as Carthage with version 2.2. i was defending and all of my soldiers were invisible other than the officers

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

did u have any other mods enabled? did they show in other battles?

@master, ill look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by mcantu View Post
    i had a seige battle today as Carthage with version 2.2. i was defending and all of my soldiers were invisible other than the officers
    The same thing happened to me too when I besieged Genua and Medhlan. I did have other mods running at the time but I have had these mods running along side your mod for several days of my campaign with no problem. The problem of invisible soldiers only happened today. When I turned your mod off, the soldier's were no longer invisible.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

need some more info please to try replicate:

where did u get the mod from? workshop or sourceforge?
    which modules did u use?
    if you used other mods when it occured, which ones? did it occur without the other mods?
    which units did you use and which were invisible?
    did you test other battles with those units and were they still invisible?

anything else that may be releavant

which modules did u use?
    if you used other mods when it occured, which ones? did it occur without the other mods?

Workshop
    2TPY and 1.0x unit
    Mods - melius imperi "a better empire expanded/Dresden's sack, liberate and diplomatic options and started with the latest Hellbent's trait mod, meaningful resources and improved mercenary camp but dropped these once I realised I had been idiot and that this stuff was already included in your mod. I also tried the battle running these mods and without running these mods and it had no effect. But before today, I was running all of these mods with yours since your patch 8 update with no problem
    I was the romans using hastati, princepes, triarii, equites and velites and then using the artillery ships (onagers and ballista) and auxillary bireme and fire pot bireme
    The first time it happened to me was when I was assaulting the Ligurians in Genua. So I tried another city by assaulting the Ligurians in Medhlan and the same problem occured with similar units (though there may have been some celtic auxillary units)

The first time it happened I didnt realise as I thought I had opted in but I hadnt opted into patch 8.1, but the problem persisted after I had opted into patch 8.1. Any thing else you want to know? This is a great mod by the way. Top work Magnar.

which modules did u use?

from the workshop
    your mod + 4 tpy and 1x unit
    no other mods
    all Carth units (various ones) but i dont remember which

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

There seems to be a problem with the x1 unit size module. ill look to fix it today.

thank you for bringing this to my attention

EDIT: has now been added to workshop.
    Last edited by Magnar; December 23, 2013 at 03:49 AM.

started a new campaign as Carthage. wall towers no longer use any of their defenses

I'm not sure if this is caused by the mod, but when a roman unit in testudo formation (attacking testudo) stays to long in one place they drop their shields (and taunt the enemy). However the still retain the benefits of the testudo formation. I have seen a guy literally take 5 arrows to the head (and a few in other body parts) and not go down.

p.s testudo formation seems a little bit to strong against arrows, 4 units of cretan archers using up all their ammunition should cause more than 2 casulties.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

thats all vanilla, ive not touched any formations yet, and wont until all unit overhauls are finished

towers at lvl 1 i think only shoot sling shot so its hard to see them and they do very little damage. see if the enemy attacking have their shields up or not. if they do then they are being hit by tower projectiles, otherwise it may be bugged some how

I have a problem. I play for the faction Rome. Everything is fine, except that when my character gets 'Triumph', at the end thrust game freezes. Te anyone knows why this happens?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

have you tried reloading a save and seeing if it happens again?

es. The only thing that works is the character who got "Triumph" removed from active duty, I replace it with another. When it moves again after a couple of ladies to active duty, it will happen again. It happens also in other characters that receive "Triumph". Always move after the computer game freezes. I also tried integrity and re-installation mode.