Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bugs

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Bugs

Please list all bugs here and there will be fixed as soon as they can.

Default Re: Bugs

Not a bug but I just noticed trying other mods in the Steam workshop (the one that doubles unit sizes and makes pike units 512 men ^^) that some people have found a way to make cavalry units double the size without having two men on the same number of horses.

Don't know if you are aware of it so thought I'd let you know about it.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Which mods have done it? I'll check em out and add it to the mod with the next update. will sure make increasing unit sizes a lot eaasier

I'm playing Rome fraction, unit size medium, 2 TPY.
    - Rom generals have to much depth ranks. they look stupid.
    - Naval unit have vanilla land unit like hastati or veteran legionaries.'
    - The siege time is to short for 2 turn per year.
    - The major fractions dies to quickly.
    - Auxiliary infantry is available to fast.
    Last edited by NiKuTa; November 02, 2013 at 05:53 PM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Cheers NiKuTa.

Ill fix the roman generals with my next update.

Vanilla naval units have not yet been changed. I am focusing on land units for all factions first then will come back do the naval units.

I'll take a look at increasing siege times. Cant think how to do it off the top of my head, but I agree they should be longer for the +tpy modules. If i figure out how to, I'll add it for the next update aswell

Major factions dieing too quickly is a work in progress. Hopefully the faction overhauls allow them to stay alive/thrive longer. My last campaign I noticed rome doing quite well. If the overhauls are still not enough to keep them around, I'll tweak them further

Auxilia are still vanilla, I plan to redo them same as naval units, once the major factions are overhauled. I agree that a number of auxiliaries are available way too soon including Auxiliary Infantry and Cavalry. Im still deciding how best o do auxiliaries, aiming for a mix of specific aux for specific factions and some regional based aux recruitable by which ever faction owns the prov/region.

Just noticed on my new Roman Campaign that when I check the tooltip of the level 3 main settlement building (from lvl 2 to lvl 3, provincial capital mostly but also minor settlements) the tooltip shows that the garrison size is decreased.

From 4 Rorarii for the level 2 main building, the tooltip for the level 3 shows that it'll give me 3 Rorarii without any new unit showing (most of the time, Rorarii units are replaced by Vigiles).

It's only the tooltip showing me that, I'll try and make a screenshot when I get home.

I'm using Magnar base mod, 2x unit sizes, Dresden's 4 tpy mod and diplomacy mod (they are both working), a small mod that decreases squalor produced and food needed (it seems to be working), another small mod that increases the number of edicts to 150 (sadly, it doesn't work, your mod overwrites it), GEM and I think that's pretty much it.

Some other mod might cause this but I'm telling you in case you forgot to edit a DB or something else, like it has happened before.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

is it just the tooltip or the actual garrisons? ill check it out.

Using another 4tpy mod means that your garrisons wont be the correct units btw.

Also any mod that edits buildings may overwrite my building changes if it edits those tables.

Yes, I know but I didn't want to have an overly long campaign with the increased research and construction time.

Oh, and I forgot to add another small mod that decreases research time by half (yeah, I'm lazy like that :p).

I noticed it on the tooltip but wasn't able to check it after building it as I hadn't researched it.

I'm fully aware of the "risk" of running other mods with yours but by doing that, I can test more rapidly the changes you made as well as testing Hellbent's work (which is great by the way) and not het committed to a long Roman campaign, as I want to do that for the RRR mod of Aodh Morh coupled with Magnar mod.

Units rotating formation when engaged in combat.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Post Hoc View Post
    Units rotating formation when engaged in combat.
    This is a vanilla bug that has to do with the "keep formation" passive ability.

Units will try and keep cohesion at all cost, even if it means turning and exposing their flank...

There is a way to get rid of it but it involves removing this passive ability but it means that units will fight in a more blobby way and not in formation so it's not really a solution.

Let's just hope that it gets resolved in a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Krasnaļa Zvezda View Post
    This is a vanilla bug that has to do with the "keep formation" passive ability.

Units will try and keep cohesion at all cost, even if it means turning and exposing their flank...

There is a way to get rid of it but it involves removing this passive ability but it means that units will fight in a more blobby way and not in formation so it's not really a solution.

Let's just hope that it gets resolved in a patch.
    Really? I've only seen it happen when i play this mod.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Some other mods remove the formation attack ability so that you wont see it happen and units will just blob more instead

i see, hopefully it gets fixed.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Yeah it is a really annoying bug.

All my dignitaries end up with skills that have a negative impact on unit upkeep cost even though it indicates it should be reducing the unit upkeep cost.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Disregard
    Last edited by Falco; November 12, 2013 at 06:35 AM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Yes, Ive not edited any officers. I will fix them when i next mod rome in more detail.

@Magnar I would guess so, the trait has a greed happy face so I would of guessed it should be a positive skill but it would appear to have negative effects on game.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

not sure if this is bug or intended , but 2.112 i started a rome game for the first time with magnar mod , some of the new abilities you gave to the roman units dont really work well , like the auto fire ability on throwing pillas for the hastati type units , they dont auto fire unless you order them to charge , same with vanillia game

also why does some early rome infantry have wedge formation ???

PS: when are we going to get a Rome overhul guide like the guals did in the sticky section ? im lost right now on reforms and unit caps etc

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast