Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Westeros: A New Beginning - Version 2.1 released!

Default Re: [Submod] Westeros: A New Beginning ~ VERSION 2.0 RELEASED!

"To use the vanilla map you need not ask anyone, Toho released it as an open source (however you should better seek Matto's permission if you take it from NB)

My WRM has Toho's map, edited to include more settlements (more than NB2), a slightly bigger Iron Isles and if you so wished I have started on a "cleaner" version for WRM 0.5"

How do you include more settlements? I would like to add a few more Lannisters castles like clegane's keep or castamere. Is it just a matter of going into the program files and typing in a description into the data\maps\base file? Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Seaniebhoy View Post
    "To use the vanilla map you need not ask anyone, Toho released it as an open source (however you should better seek Matto's permission if you take it from NB)

My WRM has Toho's map, edited to include more settlements (more than NB2), a slightly bigger Iron Isles and if you so wished I have started on a "cleaner" version for WRM 0.5"

How do you include more settlements? I would like to add a few more Lannisters castles like clegane's keep or castamere. Is it just a matter of going into the program files and typing in a description into the data\maps\base file? Please help!
    No, you also have to edit the file map_regions.tga in base folder, it is not that simple. Look it up on some tutorials, there are quite good ones here on twcenter.

Okay, I may have a problem. Downloaded the game, it loaded correctly and what not; however, after the first turn, there is a rebel General named Beric on the loose, and when you click on him in huge capital letters it says that "PLAYER SHOULD NOT SEE".... But I see it... Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
    No, you also have to edit the file map_regions.tga in base folder, it is not that simple. Look it up on some tutorials, there are quite good ones here on twcenter.
    Thanks looks a bit over my head

Silenced Ape's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Seaniebhoy View Post
    Okay, I may have a problem. Downloaded the game, it loaded correctly and what not; however, after the first turn, there is a rebel General named Beric on the loose, and when you click on him in huge capital letters it says that "PLAYER SHOULD NOT SEE".... But I see it... Any ideas?
    Thats not a problem..... I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenced Ape View Post
    Thats not a problem..... I think.
    Good enough for me

Are there any Lannister faction skins that can be used with this sub mod? I would like to see the red cloaks but in most sub mods they are usually just me named English forces.

Mangomadness's Avatar Laetus

Stannis also in my opinion sucks..any leader of men who allows his leadership to be subverted like he allowed his to be for the sake of the red witch..laying with her etc...killing his people to somehow satisfy his new God..lol idk but I think hes just crazy..Onion knight needs to just behead him an the red witch an proclaim his daughther queen or something. Stannis doesn't deserve to be King.

Why doesn't the Hotseat campaign work? I've tried to install and re install but the game always crashes when i try. Why is that? If someone could please help! Thanks!

Cleomenes III's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Mangomadness View Post
    Stannis also in my opinion sucks..any leader of men who allows his leadership to be subverted like he allowed his to be for the sake of the red witch..laying with her etc...killing his people to somehow satisfy his new God..lol idk but I think hes just crazy..Onion knight needs to just behead him an the red witch an proclaim his daughther queen or something. Stannis doesn't deserve to be King.
    This has nothing to do with this thread..

But you clearly have not read the books.

Ego sum Attila flagellum Dei

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Cleomenes III View Post
    This has nothing to do with this thread...
    Seconded

And:
    But you clearly have not read the books.
    Is also seconded!

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis the Mannis View Post
    Seconded

And:

Is also seconded!

In my opinion Stannis until the end of the third book which is A Storm Of Sword Blood and Gold if i am not mistaking sucksssssssss........ But he is a real Leader but after A Fest With Crows he becomes another man and i started to like him very muchh
    But beside that he really need to stay away from Melisandra the girl is manipulating him with Dark Sorcery
    But any ways evreyone with his opinion..

Ohhh and people don't post about book post them here:
    If you read the books enter here : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...f-Ice-and-Fire

Or if you just wan't to watch the show enter this link CAUTION CONTAINS SPOILERSSS :http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Thrones-Series

Quote Originally Posted by turkay98 View Post
    In my opinion Stannis until the end of the third book which is A Storm Of Sword Blood and Gold if i am not mistaking sucksssssssss........ But he is a real Leader but after A Fest With Crows he becomes another man and i started to like him very muchh
    But beside that he really need to stay away from Melisandra the girl is manipulating him with Dark Sorcery
    But any ways evreyone with his opinion..

Ohhh and people don't post about book post them here:
    If you read the books enter here : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...f-Ice-and-Fire

Or if you just wan't to watch the show enter this link CAUTION CONTAINS SPOILERSSS :http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Thrones-Series
    Both of the links contains SPOILERS FROM THE BOOKS PEOPLE BUT THE SECOND LINK IS NOT AS SPOILED LIKE THE FRIST

Kabeloko's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by turkay98 View Post
    I was playing a little bit WNB v2.0 and a weird mission appeird i lmao i will post some photos:
    Attachment 306099Attachment 306100
    "You eighter die a Stark, or live long enough to see yourself become the Lannister." - Dark Knight quote.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Kabeloko View Post
    "You eighter die a Stark, or live long enough to see yourself become the Lannister." - Dark Knight quote.
    '

Sir you just made my day!!

@Kabeloko

Matto, thanks very much for this Mod!

I just downloaded it, and saw little things, but I love them all!

I like how you made Tully a faction with a chance if played right and you modified the map for some settlements to be more accesible and others more difficult to get to.

+Rep!

Vlad Dracul's Avatar Tiro

"... and we ask the Stranger not to kill us tonight in our beds for no damn reason at all."

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

I am back after my long absence and it is nice to see this thread so alive!

First of all I must thanks to all who did like this mod and express gratitude, because that means a lot to me.

Now I know that you are probably expecting some future releases but despite my original plans I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Since I am working completely alone on this project and my knowledge with graphic is very limited (+ I forgot a lot of modding things during my absence), I am not sure I can make a lot more with this mod unless I spend hours and hours working on it but that's not going to happen because I want to enjoy my free time in summer.

So unless someone else joins this project and offers his knowledge and support I doubt this submod will ever get a new patch. Still I made with it much more then I ever hoped for and I wish you a lot of fun playing it.
    TATW HS Community Award

nice mod

any news?