Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Universalis IV multiplayer 2

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Europa Universalis IV multiplayer 2

If I were you I would just take the free mercantilism, stability, and monarch stats from republic events and reelections. Speaking of which, does anyone know if having an heir with a strong claim brings up legitimacy?
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah, strong legitimacy = instant 100 legitimacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Border Patrol View Post
    If I were you I would just take the free mercantilism, stability, and monarch stats from republic events and reelections. Speaking of which, does anyone know if having an heir with a strong claim brings up legitimacy?
    Honestly the type of government really doesnt matter too much. The issue is that the AI loaing that war(I assume thats how it happened) and being forced to change gov tanked the prestige well into the negative. It's falling behind in tech, the navy is , the ruler is a turd, took stupid idea groups, and the prestige is tanked.

Sounds about average for most people in this game...

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

I'd take the republic as a blessing either way. Either you stay a republic (which I think are awesome), or you spam re-elect and whenever the events hit offering to exchange stability for tradition, you opt to screw republican tradition and get free money (keep re-electing and you'll turn back into a monarchy anyway).

If they've got loans I don't think people would gripe with wiping them, nor would they gripe at resetting prestige to 0.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    I'd take the republic as a blessing either way. Either you stay a republic (which I think are awesome), or you spam re-elect and whenever the events hit offering to exchange stability for tradition, you opt to screw republican tradition and get free money (keep re-electing and you'll turn back into a monarchy anyway).

If they've got loans I don't think people would gripe with wiping them, nor would they gripe at resetting prestige to 0.
    I'd be alright with resetting loans, prestige, and preferably wiping the expansion idea group. I've yet to play anything as a republic in EUIV but if it's like all the previous installments of Paradox games it's mostly meaningless outside of a few events anyway.

You get to choose your king's stats. Ideally you'll spend the most the game with a ruler that has a six and two fours and double stab costs because of this. Basically you have a more developed nation than a kingdom unless you're really, really lucky.

Republics never have been meaningless. Especially in multiplayer where every tiny bit can help you win the game. And especially in EU4 with the (dumb) point system, being a republic is a real blessing.

Can I join the next game?

If not I would like to start a new one on Hamachi if anyone is interested.

You dont need hamachi for eu4.

I think he means he doesn't own the game. (it was 10 dollars around the 27th or 28th, by the way.) There's slots on major powers anyway (Spain, Burgundy if you can break the PU, any of the big Indians, Maybe Japan?), you could join the ongoing on.

Anyway I may not make it Sunday. It's very likely I will, but there's a chance. So if any lurker is bored Sunday, I can send you instructions (They're simple. Mostly it's "color in America, help out allies where needed") just in case.

Also: Tunngle > Hamachi
    (virtual LANs aren't pirating and are kinda required due to all the multiplayer publishers killing their home servers. They aren't even exclusively for video games either. Tunngle is better because it forwards ports automatically whereas hamachi requires it to be done manually)
    Last edited by Buttfart; January 03, 2014 at 08:19 PM.
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard."
    "Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

So assuming we can stop talking about pirating for a moment...

Are my requests for taking over Portugal approved of? I'll do it anyway, not really expecting much from joining as a late game sub after AI... But I'd still like to have a ing chance of not being on.

I can try to take over spain or something if thats allowed. The problem with taking over Japan again is then Musty is going to have give me a pretty big handicap for me to become anything close as signifagant as any other power in the world. Thats not fair to him since hes been to all the games and having him to stall his plans. Otherwise he could just take me out, and no one could assist me since im far away.

As Spain, while i may be stalling expansion, people will feel free to attack me since i can create allies that can help and fight with a tech thats decent. I wish i could have stayed in Asia, but i missed too many sessions to create something to rival Malaya.

goro's Avatar Tribunus

Does anyone know if our game will be unplayable after the expansion?

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by goro View Post
    Does anyone know if our game will be unplayable after the expansion?
    CK2 (same engine) saves weren't broken by expansions adding new provinces. EU4 Office MP saves weren't broken by the expansion itself.
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard."
    "Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

Spain will join Kebab.
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''

WHY IS SPAIN ALLOWED TO JOIN KEBAB

Alright I did the edits for Portugal you requested, minus the government change to monarchy

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oc...KevinEdits.rar

• Switched Expansion for Naval instead of just wiping the slot and wasting loads of points. Plus you said you were taking it later anyway
    • Gave you monarch points
    • Removed all existing loans and war exhaustion and reset prestige to 0
    • Restored manpower
    • Gave you 100 Republican tradition as part of the blank slate thing. Probably meaningless because you may switch back to monarchy, but I haven't asked you what you wanted since Thursday and you're on a plane right now