Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AMD Driver Updates

SamueleD's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: AMD Catalyst™ 13.11 Beta9.2 Driver for Windows® get it while its hot, its lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost, colonel View Post
    Eh, he did try it and then said he had to go back.
    No, no, he's right, this is a new beta version (I was on 13.11v8, this is 13.11v9.2), for all I know it could have been fixed, I'm just not in the mood to experiment right now, because of what happened the last time I did.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: AMD Catalyst™ 13.11 Beta9.2 Driver for Windows® get it while its hot, its lovely!

grazie for being a test subject
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

Quote Originally Posted by vietanh797 View Post
    grazie for being a test subject
    Yeah, kinda like that!

At least I can finally play in full screen mode with my HD6780 CF. Up to today that wasn't possible so for me this update is great.

send from my Note 2. Apologies for any grammar and spelling mistakes

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

This beta update improved my FPS, pretty happy about that.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

I'm on 13.11 beta8 and crossfire is actually working (for once without flickering!). I think I'll stay with this version, why play it risky? Crossfire in R2TW breaks 9/10 versions of catalyst.

The patch notes don't even mentioned improved performance for R2TW or general performance, so why is this news?

@Graham, I forgot, there is now a sticky thread for AMD Driver Updates (and one for nvidia) in the Tech Sub-forum of Rome II http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Driver-Updates maybe you should ask for this thread to be merged there, you know, for order and all.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: AMD Driver Updates

NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Why do they release drivers and then they give this warning: "Logo certified driver.AMD recommends users continue using the latest Beta drivers for the best performance" ?

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    Why do they release drivers and then they give this warning: "Logo certified driver.AMD recommends users continue using the latest Beta drivers for the best performance" ?

From what i gather this is not the latest 'certified drivers' Beta 13.11 9.2 is, the driver in question is for R9 290 owners only....and does not include the latest beta fixes/patches, this is what im hearing..strange though.

Thanks for your reply Poacher886

New 13.11 beta 9.4
    is out

http://support.amd.com/it-it/downloa...Windows+7+-+64

Any of you lucky enough to have quad crossfire may want the latest beta 9.5 which improves frame pacing for Rome 2.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...dows-beta.aspx

• Includes all Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta9.4 Driver
    • Resolves the issue of AMD Overdrive missing in the AMD Catalyst Control Center for the AMD Radeon R9 290 Series graphics cards
    • Resolves intermittent flickering seen on some AMD Radeon R9 270x graphics cards
    • Resolves graphics corruption seen in Starcraft®
    • Improves frame pacing r​esults in AMD Quad CrossFire configurations for the following: Hitman: Absolution, and Total War​: Rome 2

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Thanks for the update Drama,

here are the drivers for mobile cards (HDxxxM series)
    http://www.computerbase.de/downloads...komplettpaket/

all people that are using and AMD based MOTHERBOARD CHIPSET or integrated graphics solution (aGPU) should consider to update this one aswell.

http://www.computerbase.de/downloads...therboard-igp/
    Last edited by alQamar; December 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM.
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...dows-beta.aspx

BETA 14.4 are out

- No particular notes regarding Rome II

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Hi AMD users the 14.4 is final now:

you can find the driver as usual via Steam > Check for drivers, the AMD site or here (german site but driver is multilanguage)

for XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8
    Please choose yourself if you need one for a mobile (xxxxM) GPU (Notebooks) or a Desktop and if you use a 64bit or 32bit OS.
    http://www.computerbase.de/downloads...komplettpaket/

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

I dunno Brig. I tested the Beta drivers about 2 weeks ago and i lost about 15fps on the forest test so i went back to the WHQL. I'll try testing this again though.

Thanks men, I lost this official release at last.

This poor support give to Rome, the not excellent performance and at last the fact that a still heavily priced 7970 is a "forgotten product" definitely said me this is my last Amd card.

Next one, if there will be another one, will be called Nvidia.

AMD, does it exist or it's extinguished?

nevermore and AMD gpu.

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Heya DramaBelli,

The latest AMD driver is 14.7 but the Driver Pacaking version is 14.20. I twas 14.10 just two-three weeks before, so there was a somewhat recent update.

Anybody else have anything beta or more up to date?

Also, I'm getting the same performance as somebody who posted screens of Extreme at 34-36fps. If I want steady 40+fps, I have to go to Ultra. If I want steady 60+fps, I have to go to High.

Yeah, I too am pissed in general at AMD since they support games of other genres like shooters and RPGs waaaaay more than they do strategy games or 4X games.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast