Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Rome II - 2 Months Later - Feedback needed

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Rome II - 2 Months Later - Feedback needed

This thread deserves a bump. @OP when will the stuff be published?
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Icon1 Re: Rome II - 2 Months Later - Feedback needed

Nope. Just let it pass.
    Need your Rome itch scratched. Head for Total War: eras Forum. Your Empire Beckons.
    RS2,EB1,RTR,SPQR,Diadochi,RTH,Troy,IBFD,Hegemonia City States,77BC FRRE,more.
    EB2 needs modders. click The EBII Recruitment thread, mod Medieval 2 for ancient eras.
    (Now a community service announcement) Feel you're being cheated and deceived by bad game releases? Let us agree, no preorders from any company known to release incomplete games. Wait for the game to come out to decide. This will eventually cut down on bad releases and reduce forums that pit fellow gamers against one another.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Why
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    This thread deserves a bump. @OP when will the stuff be published?
    Contains prohibited words. Listen at your own peril.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Released 2 day ago.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; November 25, 2013 at 02:04 AM.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Oh thanks!

Icon1 Re: Rome II - 2 Months Later - Feedback needed

stackero; Nope. Just let it pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    Why
    Lost cause, my friend, a lost cause, and I'm not diving into the abyss of the 'why', again.
    Need your Rome itch scratched. Head for Total War: eras Forum. Your Empire Beckons.
    RS2,EB1,RTR,SPQR,Diadochi,RTH,Troy,IBFD,Hegemonia City States,77BC FRRE,more.
    EB2 needs modders. click The EBII Recruitment thread, mod Medieval 2 for ancient eras.
    (Now a community service announcement) Feel you're being cheated and deceived by bad game releases? Let us agree, no preorders from any company known to release incomplete games. Wait for the game to come out to decide. This will eventually cut down on bad releases and reduce forums that pit fellow gamers against one another.

1-I didn't buy the game until patch 5 and was at least playable. I think recent patches have really improved it, and I'm actually having a lot of fun and have had some decent battles. An AI actually took the high ground and stayed there (!!!). 9/10

2-DLCs - their price in particular. Because I didn't buy the game at launch, I didn't get Athens or Sparta and I only just missed out on the nomadic tribes. I'm all happy to pay a couple of dollars to unlock content which is technically already in the game, but $12 for the Greeks and $8 for the Nomads is ridiculous. Those type of DLCs should be no more than $5 in my opinion. Also $3 for a blood pack? Poor form - should be $1.50 at the most. Won't be buying them until they come down on principle.

3-I have seen a significant improvement in the last few patches. I can't personally compare to the launch game, but compared to the reviews I saw and the rants I read, it sounds like the game has come forward leaps and bounds.

4-Probably - it really depends on their personal tastes in terms of history, how much of a total war fan they were. Quality-wise, I'd say yes, but I would tell them to pay no more $60 for it.

5-What I paid - $60 (AUD)

6-The immersion - unit design is pretty fantastic, and each particular faction has a different style of play - there's actually a reason to play other factions beyond different units. Also, the concept of provinces being broken up really adds to the effect of building an empire. The animations are also quite impressive.

7-Getting rid of AI bugs (there are far fewer, but not completely gone), more variation in units between factions, rework political system (I just have no idea what the point is).

8-30 hours.

9-Nope, not yet. I like to get a feel for the game before playing against a human.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Thanks for the work Darren. Have you released the interview stuff aswell?

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Thanks for the work Darren. Have you released the interview stuff aswell? The video Lestat posted is just about the patch 7 siege state. I allowed myself to repost it on .com in the appropriate siege issues thread from Dramabelli, which has been acknowledged by CA already.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...LL-about-it%29

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456