Thread: Windows cannot find 'kingdoms.exe.'

Default Windows cannot find 'kingdoms.exe.'

Hi Guys!

Saw the mod and thought i would like to try this out on my MTW2. (not steam)

1. I installed the mode, making sure that it was installed into my Medieval Total War 2 folder in my programsx64 folder.

2. Installed the latest patch and quick fixes

BUT i still keep getting this: Windows cannot find 'kingdoms.exe.'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Please can some help? I'm so noob

Thanks,

Orgasmus

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Windows cannot find 'kingdoms.exe.'

If the path of the mod is not ...\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Three_Kingdoms then you will get this message. Please copy the full path here so we can check.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    If the path of the mod is not ...\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Three_Kingdoms then you will get this message. Please copy the full path here so we can check.
    my path seems right, correct me if im wrong please help as I'm really looking forward to playing this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Three_Kingdoms

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Only possible reason now: You did not install the fix and have only the basic version of the game (no kingdoms expansion). Installing the fix will not help as the kingdoms.exe is required, the fix simply makes it easier to use the mod with steam and will have created a different error message.

He said he is not using steam. Orgasmus, can you check you can play other M2TW mods? If you can play other mods, open the RoTK cfg file with notepad or wordpad and check that the file calls the kingdoms.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\.

If you cannot play other mods, check that the kingdoms.exe file is present in C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\ and that there are no accidental spelling errors in the name, such as kngdoms.exe.

Blog Entries

no steam - I know:

The basic installation from disk (or full from steam) only provides the medieval2.exe, the basic version of RotK will not start in either case.
    After installing the fix - medieval2.exe will be used to start the mod in steam and will start properly. In the disk version, if kingdoms.exe is not present, it will crash.

The 'kingdoms.exe not found' can only have two reasons - the BAT file to start the mod is in the wrong directory or the kingdoms.exe file is not present in the medieval ii total war folder. It also means that the fix is not installed at all because it will look for the medieval2.exe if the kingdoms.exe is not present, hence the error message would be 'medieval2.exe not found'
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 19, 2015 at 01:19 PM.