Thread: What are the must have submods?

DevrimJan's Avatar Semisalis

Default What are the must have submods?

As the title says, the current official release is a little bare, what are, in your opinions the must have mods to enhance gameplay? Any guidance is appreciated, I would also appreciate being directed to any thread similar to this one. I would have searched for any similar threads, but the search function on twc has been a bit iffy these past few months.
    My rig.

Gainward GTX 570
    Intel Core i-7 Sandybridge 2600K
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro Z68 Motherboard
    8GB RAM
    2TB Hardrive
    850W Corsair PSU

Ok, this thread is over.
    My list of most anticipated mods:

DrakeRox's Avatar Senator

Default Re: What are the must have submods?

1. KoRaH - Most Polished, take place before the War of Conquest
    2. Fire and Blood 0.8 - Nice Map(includes the wildlings and the Night's Watch + the wall), lots of factions and simulates Viserys coming to westeros with the dothraki (Robert and Ned alive)
    3. Westeros Realms Mod - Very polished, take place after Eddard died and Robb is invading the west
    4. War of Conquest - Aegon and his sisters conquesting westeros !!

These are the ones i tested and like the most

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

-Enhanced submod is an improved 0.53, adding in characters, portraits, traits and a few scripts. It is set just after Robb STark split his army at the twins. Jaime Lannister is marching north on Riverrun while Tywin marches on Harrenhal. Renly is in the reach, gathering his mighty tyrell and stormlander host.
    Kings Of Rivers And Hills is set thousands of years in the past, with King Tristifer IV, Hammer of Justice, fighting to keep the last southern First-Men kingdom alive. It is by far the most improved of the submods. It features many improvements over the vanilla mod and a fair few others.
    -Fire and Blood 0.8, although prone to a few crashes and some things could do with a little polishing, is set in a alternative universe where Viserys has landed in the Stormlands with Daenarys and Khal Drogo's dothraki. Robert Baratheon is still alive, and the mod remains the only one (to my knowledge) that features not only the nights watch but also free folk as playable factions.
    -Westeros Realms Mod WRM, Is set after the Battle of the Whispering Wood, Oxcross, Battle of the Camps, Battle of the Green Fork and siege of Storms End. Robb is making his way in to the Westerlands. Edmure has gathered a host to stop Tywin from returning to his lands. Stannis is marching north on Kings Landing with 20,000 men, many of whom were his brother's. The Greyjoys have invaded the north and the reach and vale both get interactive scripts as to what happens in the campaign. It features many characters, portraits, scripts, and a few new settlements.
    -War of Conquest, although not completed, is set during Aegon's Conquest, and shall host a wide variety of scripts and new units.
    -Winds of Winter is set at the end of A Dance with Dragons and if you want to make your own story, leading off from the latest book, that is the mod for you.

If your looking for the most complete mod then just get KoRaH.

Other than KoRaH I would say the "must haves" are Winds of Winter, Westeros Realms Mod, War of Conquest, and Fire and Blood

There are other mods such as Blackfyre Rebellion which I love but it's difficult to get it to work and it really needs a new version with updates.
    Last edited by TheGreatBastard; October 28, 2013 at 02:07 PM.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Fire and Blood is only crashy if you don't use the work around that was found with 0.7.

The crashes are unexplained and the finest minds of TWC have not figured it out.

I sank hundreds of hours of my life into making Fire and Blood, which is the largest scale mod by almost all measures. Dozens of others also contributed to the project.

Yes, it is not as polished as Korah, but Korah had a full dedicated team. Fire and Blood was a labour of love which evolved greatly from its original brief.

It doubles the faction count, adds dozens of new units, and dozens of new settlements.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Fire and Blood is only crashy if you don't use the work around that was found with 0.7.

The crashes are unexplained and the finest minds of TWC have not figured it out.

I sank hundreds of hours of my life into making Fire and Blood, which is the largest scale mod by almost all measures. Dozens of others also contributed to the project.

Yes, it is not as polished as Korah, but Korah had a full dedicated team. Fire and Blood was a labour of love which evolved greatly from its original brief.

It doubles the faction count, adds dozens of new units, and dozens of new settlements.
    I allways though it became a little bit to largescaled, for example between 0.3 and 0.6 when we added all new settlments the trouble began if im not misstaken.

Im thinking about starting up several new mod initiatives even since I do not have time to complete all my active ones :p Also likely I will release the work done so far on Essos Total War since it is just a huge headache of mine atm.
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

All of them
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    I allways though it became a little bit to largescaled, for example between 0.3 and 0.6 when we added all new settlments the trouble began if im not misstaken.

Im thinking about starting up several new mod initiatives even since I do not have time to complete all my active ones :p Also likely I will release the work done so far on Essos Total War since it is just a huge headache of mine atm.

TBH, Korps, I agree completely. The problem was there in 0.6, but became worse in 0.7.

I actually have a lasting suspicion that it could have been due to a conflict between where I was working in paint and infranview and you were working in Geomod - I remember on one occassion I had to 'repair' a section of the map, and while I got it working again the damage was done.

I did actually port 0.7's map onto the 0.3 code and had the same errors. So the problem was certainly in the map files.

If I cared enough, I could probably eliminate the bugs through hard work. However, it seems like it probably would not work it.

The above does not explain why custom battles make it work fine...