Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 2.6 - Vanilla version - (updated 26.8.18)

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 1.9 - updated 7.2.15

yaVuz: Thanks a lot for your nice words.

There will be 3 new awesome custom textures included in AUM-ROM 2.0 by DramaBelli soon. I will update the older AUM and UPC mods too.

TW:Attila is coming with his hordes. I will create the AUM-ATT and UPC-ATT as soon as we are capable to mod Attila.

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 2.0 - updated 13.2.15

Hello AUM-ROM players,

I released my AUM-ROM 2.0.

Thanks a lot to DRAMABELLI for the 3 new custom textures and testing.

Thanks a lot to PLISSKEN3 for testing.

Changelog:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- small balancing changes (vanilla and Radious)

- fixed the wrong unit size of the Antesignani. They are intented as a mix of Velites/normal Infantry.

- added new custom chainmail textures for the Helvetii Oathsworn Spear Brothers by DRAMABELLI

- added new custom leather armour textures for the Celtic Axe Warriors by DRAMABELLI

- added new custom leather armour textures for the Germanic Axe Warriors by DRAMABELLI

Cheers and enjoy AUM-ROM
    Swiss Halberdier

Hello AUM-ROM players,

my AUM-ROM 2.0 is now available on STEAM, MODDB and Mediafire. I solved the problem with Mediafire.

Thanks a lot to DramaBelli for his new created screenshots. I updated my first page with his new screenshots.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

more rep ( which you don't need ) and a bump for the thread , because ---

--- I'm not actually using your mod ---

but because of , " How to customize Unit Pack Mods ".

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_to_...Unit_Pack_Mods

Too many of the modders around here are only interested in pushing their own ego, not furthering the hobby in any way.
    There ARE modders who want to further the hobby, but sadly too many of them have very poor English , or they are simply not good how-to writers.

The thread is due bumping for, " How to customize Unit Pack Mods " alone. It might get seen then, and save someone driving themselves blind , and driving themselves into despair with frustration , reading through mod threads that teach nothing.

This tutorial only applies to units, and doesn't teach how to create your own mod, but DOES tell you how to mod a mod, which is SOMETHING.

Quote Originally Posted by kesa82 View Post
    more rep ( which you don't need ) and a bump for the thread , because ---

--- I'm not actually using your mod ---

but because of , " How to customize Unit Pack Mods ".

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_to_...Unit_Pack_Mods

Too many of the modders around here are only interested in pushing their own ego, not furthering the hobby in any way.
    There ARE modders who want to further the hobby, but sadly too many of them have very poor English , or they are simply not good how-to writers.

The thread is due bumping for, " How to customize Unit Pack Mods " alone. It might get seen then, and save someone driving themselves blind , and driving themselves into despair with frustration , reading through mod threads that teach nothing.

This tutorial only applies to units, and doesn't teach how to create your own mod, but DOES tell you how to mod a mod, which is SOMETHING.
    Thanks a lot for your nice words kesa82! It's nice to read that my tutorial is helpful. It can be used for quite all Unit Pack mods from all TW games since Empire. I just used my AUM mods as templates and other mods use of course other Database-Table names. Good that it was understandable as English isn't my native language.

The link to my tutorial can be found in the signature of my posts.

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 2.1 - updated 27.8.15

Hello AUM-ROM players,

I released my AUM-ROM 2.1.

Changelog:

- fully compatible with the latest patch 17 and all DLCs
    - improvements related to the latest patch
    - fixed a visual issue of the "Auxiliary Slingers"
    - changed the bow of the "Sagitarii" (unfortunately sometimes the first shot is bugged and this is a vanilla bow animation bug which was not fixed by CA)

Thanks a lot to DRAMABELLI and PLISSKEN3 for testing.

Cheers and enjoy AUM-ROM
    Swiss Halberdier

Thanks for your update. But I have a question.... Is it intentional that Antesignanii get 160 men?
    Their stats are quite good. And other uniits this style have 120 men I think. To me thy seem a bit strong. If you want them to be light infantry OK...but then their class is wrong...if you want them to be skirmishers OK but then please bring them to 120 men like other skirmishers....

Quote Originally Posted by Prussias_Glory View Post
    Thanks for your update. But I have a question.... Is it intentional that Antesignanii get 160 men?
    Their stats are quite good. And other uniits this style have 120 men I think. To me thy seem a bit strong. If you want them to be light infantry OK...but then their class is wrong...if you want them to be skirmishers OK but then please bring them to 120 men like other skirmishers....
    Yes the 160 men are intentional as DramaBelli suggested them to be a mixed unit. They were used historically as a mixed infantry/skirmisher unit and therefore they are a special sized unit in this class.

That makes sense of course. Would you then consider a unit limit? I find it hard not to recruit only them as skirmishers. But that`s of course a bit like recruiting only praetorians as heavy infantry.

That makes sense of course. Would you then consider a unit limit? I find it hard not to recruit only them as skirmishers. But that`s of course a bit like recruiting only praetorians as heavy infantry.
    I could consider some unit limits in the vanilla version. But the Radious version can't have unit limits due to Radious' rules. The problem with "unit limits" in all TW games since Empire is that the AI can't handle it very good.

Here is my tutorial how all players can add/change the unit limits besides some other customizations.

[Tutorial] How to customize unit packs

I`m talking about the vanilla version of AUM. But maybe I just do it myself. Thanks for your tutorial.
    What could happen to the AI if one would give unit limits? Besides I would only limit this one unit and play as Rome myself. So there shouldn`t be any AI problem, or?

I`m talking about the vanilla version of AUM. But maybe I just do it myself. Thanks for your tutorial.
    What could happen to the AI if one would give unit limits? Besides I would only limit this one unit and play as Rome myself. So there shouldn`t be any AI problem, or?
    Yes sure if the player plays Rome itself, then the player can handle the unit limit without a problem. So yes if you play Rome and add an unit limit to the Roman units, then all works good.

But if the player plays another faction than Rome, then the AI as Rome can't handle the unit limit very good. I experienced this since Empire. So you should remove the unit limit again if you play another faction than Rome.

Hey, how to do I edit the damage of the roman archers? I'm making my own personal mod. I don't have any knowledge in making/editing settings or mods.

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 2.2 - updated 27.8.16

Hello AUM-ROM players,

I released my AUM-ROM 2.2.

Changelog:

- several small optimizations related to some custom units
    - fixed an issue related to the unlocked Roman vanilla units in the custom battle screen
    - fully save game compatible

Thanks a lot to PLISSKEN3 for testing.

Cheers and enjoy AUM-ROM
    Swiss Halberdier

The Modding Award winners of 2015 have been announced.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ners-Announced

Thanks a lot to all voters and for this great honor!

I can't say any release date yet, but there will be updates and I will continue to support AUM-ROM in the future.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Thanks for the info!

AUM-ROM reached the 1st place in the category Classic Sub-/Minor Mods.
    UPC-ROM reached the 3rd place in the category Gameplay Mods.

Thanks a lot to all voters!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast