Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Colors (Emperor Edition Update)

Default Re: Ancient Colors (merged with AGA)

Which eastern faction Greek Strategos ?
    Yellow spearmen are for Persian not for Parthia for example ...

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Épaminondas The "Oblique" View Post
    Which eastern faction Greek Strategos ?
    Yellow spearmen are for Persian not for Parthia for example ...
    Hey Epamidondas...
    Ok I'm testing with different factions to check if my colors work as intended...
    I'm using your mod since the beginning and before patch 7 it worked like a charm...
    Now I doubt it works for me...
    Foe example in the opening post's pictures Pontic bronze shields pilkemen have yellow sleeves,mine don't have them...

Here is a pic.http://i.imgur.com/T5mPMcw.jpg

Look no one has yellow sleeves...
    I don't understand what is wrong...
    I'm testing only with your mod to find the issue here...
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; November 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM.

Gnuffi-c-gnome's Avatar Laetus

also applies to other factions, seems like the diversity in units have almost disapparead

get very identical uniform looking units in color(the details still there) like Athens all white hoplites, javelinmen and so on,
    tried upping graphic settings to check, since patch 7 lowered detail, and even on Ultra only get a handful with different color in blue and such, rest remain standard colours as if your mod suddenly only applies to a small percentage of the units

Welcome

On behalf of the AGA team, I would like to welcome you to this Divide Et Impera preview.

Team Members
    The creators of Divide Et Impera are a crew of dedicated and passionate individuals who enjoy modding Rome 2 Total War :
    ˇ Selea
    ˇ Kymmuriel
    ˇ Epaminondas
    ˇ LittleLegionnary
    ˇ Meneros

Introduction to Divide Et Impera
    At first, we started with AGA to redo some battle mechanics and to gather several reskin mods. Then we realized that we were sharing more than this: the same passion from the greatest achievements of the TW community like: Europa Barbarorum, Rome Total Realism, Broken Crescent and so on.
    Divide Et Impera is now the expression of the new scope of our project.
    It is designed to give players the most historically accurate gaming experience possible with the Rome 2 game engine.

Divide Et Impera means “Divide And Conquer”, so, we are reworking intensely both battle (Conquer) and campaign (Divide) aspects of the game.

Preview:

Content and Changes:

An historical representation of an ancient battlefield:
    - Realistic army sizes in scale representing the army numbers of the period
    - Formations behavior simulating the way they worked in real life
    - Reworked morale, fatigue, speed and pace of battle for the most intense fights you have ever witnesses in Rome II
    - Improved importance of positioning and tactics with the removal of all active abilities: correct unit deployment and use of formations to their best are the key to win now
    - Realistic unit roles to represent the way units behaved historically so that you will really feel like a General commanding those armies
    - Unit caps tied to faction and/or rarity of unit type

The ultimate graphical improvement:
    - Redone unit and faction colors (you will love our polybian triplex acies).
    - Huge and wide variety of gears for each unit, new textures and skins.
    - This is the most historical and unique vision of an ancient battlefield you will ever see.

A more intense and longer Campaign:
    - Turns per year increased to four so that you have time to develop your Generals and Agents. - Slowed army replenishment so that every battle is important as it was in reality.
    Slowed research times, unit recruit times, building growth bonus and cultural conversion bonus.
    - Distinct and more realistic campaign movement sizes of troops depending on the unit types (included naval).
    - Less Agents in total, but more experience on them after a certain level so that experienced Agents will really make a difference and losing one is a burden

Factions overhaul:
    - Factions will be completely unique in Divide Et Impera and they will dictate which type of abilities units have and the way they behave.
    - Factions will also have unique strength/weaknesses and unique number of armies they can field in the battle.

Equipment (weapons, armors, projectiles etc.) overhaul:
    - All armors and weapon types have been completely reworked for a more balanced experience.
    - Also weapons and armours, as units, will have a precise role on what they are best at.

TO COME SHORTLY:
    - Complete overhaul and hand-tailoring of all units equipment to their realistic counterparts for the best experience possible
    - Reworked unit rosters to represent the real armies the various factions had in the period
    - Work on the Campaign aspect to give every faction realistic regions and buildings

Stay tuned, you will have news very soon about the first version of Divide Et Impera. This also will be available through Steam Workshop.
    Thanks again to all the people that supported us through their work or ideas. I hope you will enjoy this as much than we do working on it.

Cheers,

Epaminondas.

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

Will you still be offering your colors mod as a separate, alternative download? And, if so, is it compatible with the newest patch?

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

I will even update it with some recolour per unit variation ! But not before this weekend because Divide Et Impera is my top priority at the moment.

is Divide et Impera going to replace AGA, or is it, it's own different overhaul?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnuffi-c-gnome View Post
    is Divide et Impera going to replace AGA, or is it, it's own different overhaul?
    nvm found it on the forum

awesome work guys cant wait to play now

keep it up all of you

AGA was awesome on its own and then you guys do this

amazing!

still having issues with the colours part tho,

as if they are limited or restricted or something, and very few gets applied, even on Ultra settings, the cast majority remains "vanilla bland"

Armageddonn's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Ancient Colors

Can you please put regulate link to download this mod for us who don't use steam-workshop?

What Armageddonn said A download would be enormously helpful, I can't load it through the workshop and generally it allows me to keep track of mods through the manager and the windows explorer interface. I want your lovely colors back, the game doesn't feel the same without them!

Could you do the same for Divide and Conquer too actually, steam workshop is just flat unfunctional for many users and I'd love to give your mod a shot. Europa Barbarorum is one of my favourite gaming experiences ever!

Awesome work !

It is not normal but, i cannot install ur mod through steam, an error occurs. I ve done many so far, i cant find a reason...
    Wd u help me if i share detailed info ?

Or can u share a regular link with me? That d be helpful as well.

Or any other thing u can think of, i only want to use ur mod...

Nice work! I love the colors.

I am waiting for your touch man,
    Can you even give a brief answer about download link ?

Steam Workshop works fine and is up and running 99 percent of the time. The people who are saying "Hey, got a non-steam workshop version?" are the people who have pirated the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frei View Post
    Steam Workshop works fine and is up and running 99 percent of the time. The people who are saying "Hey, got a non-steam workshop version?" are the people who have pirated the game.
    What a very silly, silly comment. I've got a legal copy of the game but I still don't like using the Steam Workshop. Being able to download directly feels like it gives me more control of the mods that I use - maybe that's just psychological, maybe not - but either way, that's just the way I prefer it. Also, I like to tweak and fine tune all the mods that I use. Another point: as I understand it, Steam keeps your mods up to date - except I would prefer to update the mods (along with the base game) only as and when I'M ready. This is why I now play with Steam set to offline. Another thing: I don't like the layout of the Steam Workshop - I find it far easier to browse mods here on this website and it's therefore more convenient to have a handy link (one that doesn't force me to set Steam onto online mode and thereby screw up my current campaign when it then decides to start downloading some update). Finally, I don't like the Steam mod manager and prefer Mitch's version on here. Is that enough reasons?

In the end, no one is forcing the modder to provide a direct link, but it would be greatly appreciated by those of us who don't want to use the Steam Workshop.

Foederatus

Great Work!! Love it!

Can I use incorporate this in my mod alea iacta est? or at least use it as a submod?

Cheers!

brennan2036's Avatar Civis

steamworkshop link just takes me to the community home page where it shows all the latest pictures people have uploaded and discussions started.
    Do you reckon you could upload it to a file hosting website like www.mega.co.nz? <thats a really easy one to and will have your file uploaded and ready to download within max 5 mins