Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Colors (Emperor Edition Update)

Default Re: Ancient Colors V6.0 / Update 31-10-2013 (all factions)

Thks Post Hoc, I haven't decide yet if I will do mixed color for each units or single color for each unit.

Shiver: GEM 3 Truecolor

Will you be updating now that Pdguru has his new version released?

Quote Originally Posted by Épaminondas The "Oblique" View Post
    Shiver: GEM 3 Truecolor
    Ahh, thanks

And let me add that you did a great job with this mod, I would have never thought this saturation/color adjustment having such a huge impact on the ingame look and atmosphere.
    Amazing!

One of the best mods yet for Rome II! +1 Rep! Any plans for improving the textures for the rest of the barbarian factions and new expansion pack factions (Scythians, etc.)?

Thank you for the kind words, I'm fully working now on the AGA project for the visual and research to make it the most realistic overhaul on TWC. When we will have the next release for the graphical sub mod i will upload a link here as well as screenshot.

I'm working on it with Selea (team leader), Kymmuriel (coding, meshes), LittleLegionnaire (unit skin and texture. We have permission to use Kaziel, LittleLegionnaire, Meneros and Artstudio's skinpack and texture as well as many others so this is very exciting ressources ! From my side i do faction colours (^^), unit individual colours and historical research (will post a preview soon of those parts).

So as you see Ancient Colors is turning into the graphical overhaul of the AGA project which is the best battle/campaign gameplay overhaul at the moment !

Stay tuned !

Bactrian Thorakitai before the battle (preview from the new AGA graphical pack) :

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

great job sir!

Dear all,

We are still working hard with Kymmuriel and Selea on the next version of Ars Gratia Artis.

Preview of the new visual side including Ancient Colors :

Seleucide Thuerophoroi:

Bactrian Thorakitai:

Lybian Infantry:

Macedon Shield Bearer:

Romans against Ptolemaic Egypt:

Many thanks to all the AGA contributors: Kaziel, LittleLegionnaire, Meneros, Pdguru, ArtStudio and many others to follow on the main AGA Thread :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ated-10-11-13)

Still working on new polybian romans too !
    Last edited by Épaminondas The "Oblique"; November 12, 2013 at 07:51 AM.

kepper's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Ancient Colors (merged with AGA)

Hi Épaminondas, can you help, for some strange reason my units have the same design on there shields?
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by kepper; November 14, 2013 at 08:51 AM.

Hi keeper, i didn't touched the meshes and definition, only the colours. What mod have you with AC ?

Cheers,

Epa.

kepper's Avatar Artifex

Never mind I found the problem, the problems us the shards, the DX11 us not working, now is fine, is your mod working with patch 7?

Thank you for the kind words, I'm fully working now on the AGA project for the visual and research to make it the most realistic overhaul on TWC. When we will have the next release for the graphical sub mod i will upload a link here as well as screenshot.

I'm working on it with Selea (team leader), Kymmuriel (coding, meshes), LittleLegionnaire (unit skin and texture. We have permission to use Kaziel, LittleLegionnaire, Meneros and Artstudio's skinpack and texture as well as many others so this is very exciting ressources ! From my side i do faction colours (^^), unit individual colours and historical research (will post a preview soon of those parts).

So as you see Ancient Colors is turning into the graphical overhaul of the AGA project which is the best battle/campaign gameplay overhaul at the moment !

Stay tuned !
    Will you release new versions of Acient colors seperatly for those of us that wants just it and not whole aga for now?

An excellent mod Épaminondas! This realistic colors are a most welcome addition to the game. One question though. Unit variety (specifically the color of the tunics) seem to be determined by the graphical setting of the 'unit detail' option. It seems that with the Ancient Colors mod units are stuck with one color tunics until this particular setting is changed to eultra or extreme. E.g my entire Ptolemaic army is wearing blue on 'very high' unit detail or lower. I don't remember this being the case with the vanilla uniforms, although I could be mistaken. Did you change something in the config that would allow for this situation?

No but indeed, low settings are limiting the unit variation. I will rework the base of some elite unique colours on the next version so even on low setting you will have good level of variant inside a same faction's army.

No but indeed, low settings are limiting the unit variation. I will rework the base of some elite unique colours on the next version so even on low setting you will have good level of variant inside a same faction's army.
    Much appreciated. I need all the frames I can get so I'm looking forward to that. Keep up the good work!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by zekozeko View Post
    Will you release new versions of Acient colors seperatly for those of us that wants just it and not whole aga for now?
    Have the same request Epaminondas...
    Please don't make it AGA only...many people would like the colors only...

Also I think that the mod stopped working after patch 7

Cheers...
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; November 16, 2013 at 01:56 AM.

Thinking of doing more historical Macedon and Ptolemaic ==> less black and blue more red and white.
    AGA is on the edge of a major update, a quick fix as been released for patch 7 i think on the main thread.

Epaminindas@ I mean ancient colors is not working after patch 7...
    could you check that please...???
    Also what about the standalone version of your mod...???

I'm using patch 7 beta and this mod works fine. You must be doing something wrong if yours doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frei View Post
    I'm using patch 7 beta and this mod works fine. You must be doing something wrong if yours doesn't work.
    I will recheck for anything that may breaking it then...

thanks...

EDIT: I have rechecked every possibility and even tested it without any other mods, just Vanilla...
    The color stays the same without any change...
    For example as it seems from the pictures eastern spearmen should be mostly yellow...
    Mine are purple....

Any help would be appreciated Epaminondas...
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; November 17, 2013 at 09:44 AM.