Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Colors (Emperor Edition Update)

Default Re: Ancient Colors V4 (all factions)

Looking great! Thanks for the great mod.

Would be helpful if you just give a list of all the factions edited in the OP so they are all in one place (just a list no need for screens which you are obviously giving as you go, and they all look beautiful)

Default Re: Ancient Colors V4 (all factions)

Almost all faction are redone ... i'm still searching for little ones which i have forgotten. If you find some report !

Default Re: Ancient Colors V5.0 (all factions)

Nice mod but please a none steam version not everyone wants to use steam.

Thankyou for your work!

But curtis ... you have to use steam no ? I updated the mod seven time today. I don't think i would have post seven mediafire upload !

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Épaminondas The "Oblique" View Post
    But curtis ... you have to use steam no ? I updated the mod seven time today. I don't think i would have post seven mediafire upload !
    These updates are getting confusing as your mod states "v2" on Steam after download?? where is version 5??

In fact I didn't find out how to update the mod on Steam without being forced to keep the same name. So Steam version is always the last regardless of the name.

If someone knows how to change the name without having to upload the whole mod thread again on Steam ?

Don't worry, other mod authors have the same issue as this. Silven's incredible overhaul mod doesn't have an updated steam name either. Users just have to trust that the author has updated content when he says he has.

In fact I didn't find out how to update the mod on Steam without being forced to keep the same name. So Steam version is always the last regardless of the name.

If someone knows how to change the name without having to upload the whole mod thread again on Steam ?
    Is it not possible just to change the title when you update? and name the mod Ancient_Colours.pack etc..?

No, you have to create a new workshop thread if you change the name.

satyrus's Avatar Civis

When i take Mitchs MM i see in your Mod a conflict with Ancient colours??????????? What is this? Is this normal?

I don't use Mitch's MM since patch 5 (i dont know if it still works). Ancient Colors is the name of the mod so its strange that is could be in conflict with itself ^^. Delete the older version if you have some and download again through steam !

New update, i tried a Black Macedon version, added orange to parthia and did many tweaks to the other factions so please report if you like it or not !

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

I think he is just referring to the Steam Workshop, not Steam as a whole. Some of the reasons why people dislike Steam Workshop are:

1) Steam Workshop has some very disturbing details in the fine print about retaining the right to distribute your work for a fee. Some people loathe the idea of mods being monetized, particularly by companies which are already raking in money hand over fist.

2) Steam Workshop automatically updates any mods you download from it to the latest version, regardless of whether you want to or not. Some people prefer to be able to choose what version they use.

3) Steam Workshop is where stolen mods ends up a lot, with the issues seldom moderated or taken care of.

Personally I don't use Steam Workshop for any mods. At all. Much rather download it directly from the source and install it myself. Perhaps you could upload each "final" version to Mediafire?
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

1) I agree with you but I doubt that my little work could be monetized by Steam or someone else ^^ (I accept credit card though ...)
    2) False, I have to manualy tell the mod manager to update the worshop version (which is still far more simple to handle).
    3) You can report if you see that your mod as been stolen and posted on Steam, they have moderators i suppose.

As i already updated the mod 3 times today, again i cannot keep on updating it the old way. If you want V1 or V2 i can send you the old links.

Again i fully understand that Steam got too much control on our games and PCs but this is another debate ...

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Essentially I took those comments from the Steam forums; those aren't my personal beliefs of opinions

Like I said, I don't use SW and never will. Just my personal preference on the matter. So right now I'm using v2 of this wonderful mod and hoping that one day, after you have finalized this mod, that it will be available in a form not on SW (such as Mediafire). As a fellow modder, I completely understand your desire to use SW for ease of updating your work.

BTW, I love your username. Earlier this year I did a research paper on Epaminondas and how he revolutionized warfare... "Obliquely to the left"
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

I got your point sir, when the mod will be more stable i will post a new update on mediafire (when i will not do an update per hour anymore !). If you got some ideas or comments about the mod and my choices for faction A or B don't hesitate to share !

Some fine tuning for the greeks today:

Bactrian Royal Cavalry:

New Syracuse:

New Massalia:

Also new Parthian with orange tertiary:

Default Re: Ancient Colors / Update 30-10-2013 (all factions)

is the new version updated with Parthian, Massalia and Syracuse colours?

Default Re: Ancient Colors / Update 30-10-2013 (all factions)

Of course as well as many others Toon !

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I think he is just referring to the Steam Workshop, not Steam as a whole. Some of the reasons why people dislike Steam Workshop are:

1) Steam Workshop has some very disturbing details in the fine print about retaining the right to distribute your work for a fee. Some people loathe the idea of mods being monetized, particularly by companies which are already raking in money hand over fist.

2) Steam Workshop automatically updates any mods you download from it to the latest version, regardless of whether you want to or not. Some people prefer to be able to choose what version they use.

3) Steam Workshop is where stolen mods ends up a lot, with the issues seldom moderated or taken care of.

Personally I don't use Steam Workshop for any mods. At all. Much rather download it directly from the source and install it myself. Perhaps you could upload each "final" version to Mediafire?

Yes sorry this is basically what i mean thank you;P