Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.5 (Patch 17)

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.5 (new MR version, minor factions)

Are you getting prepared for the new DLC, I am curious as to how it will affect the mod

Quote Originally Posted by jedi7000nathan View Post
    Are you getting prepared for the new DLC, I am curious as to how it will affect the mod
    I don't have any form of access to the new DLC so I will have to cross that bridge at release.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hi Dres

Loving the new version with the minors - one issue though, i cant seem to upgrade my armies once they get a promotion - the slot is white but clicking on it, nothing happens. Any ideas on what i should tweak to make this work?

thanks,

Tim

PS, my Armenian armys.

I probably forgot to change their skills, in vanilla CA forgot to give many minor factions the ability to upgrade their generals. I will fix this in the next version.

Hi Dresden

Thanks for the reply, is it a tweak to a db folder that i can do myself? Just wondered if its easy and you could point the way, your pack contains alot of the db files already.

Cheers

I think you have to add a new faction trait to the character skill nodes, or change army_legacy_eastern to be sc_rom_eastern instead of sc_rom_parthian.

To change your current army's skill set, go to startpos.esf in the pack.

Find the FACTION ARRAY (under Campaign Model....WORLD) and then find ARMY ARRAY. Find the right army, find CAMPAIGN SKILLS. Change army_skills to army_legacy_eastern
    Last edited by Dresden; December 05, 2013 at 12:37 PM.

nice work!

Update
    - Added Cimmeria as playable.
    - Reduced Minor Faction trait bonuses.
    - Fixed Armenia army skills (may require new campaign for existing armies)
    - Activated minor faction political systems.
    - Slightly altered earlier imperium changes (any AI faction with 2 regions or less can only field 2 armies).
    Last edited by Dresden; December 05, 2013 at 09:48 PM.

Hey Dresden. I love playing with this mod with tiny minor factions like Gaul, but I'm concerned that starting with any of the major factions is now far to easy.

I've been exploring ways to cut down Rome's starting region to only Roma itself to make the campaign more challenging, but modding starting regions is extremely difficult from what I can tell. Do you have any suggestions on how to do this? I can't bring myself to play as Rome with even the vanilla starting regions.

Current mods:
    Divide_et_Impera.pack
    Dresden_Hegemonia1_NoMR.pack
    BareBones_SuperiorCampaignAI_Patch7.pack
    No_flaming.pack

nice work thank you again sir!

I really like this mod, but I think this mod is interfering with Grudges Total War UI mod. Could there be a way for one to make them both compatible? I'm a little tired of the dull marble/black UI, and I really want to use both mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadoken View Post
    I really like this mod, but I think this mod is interfering with Grudges Total War UI mod. Could there be a way for one to make them both compatible? I'm a little tired of the dull marble/black UI, and I really want to use both mods.
    This mod should be compatible with graphics and UI mods, I haven't changed anything in those areas. I am not really sure why they would not be compatible.

I have been testing, and in tandem with your mod there is a screw up happening. However, it might be on Grudge's side, I'll ask about it.

hey Dresden, one question regarding your other mod that depicts the civil war of rome and sasanid empire mod, I was randomly looking through steam workshops until I saw that hidden gem and now its just a blast!

thought there is an issue, why are the 4 roman empires at peace with each other?
    also can you please try to change the icon of the parthian faction to a symbol similar to this?

http://keepmusicevil.files.wordpress.../zoroaster.jpg
    http://raheelq.files.wordpress.com/2.../zoroaster.jpg
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...r-Gold.svg.png
    http://www.zazzle.ca/zoroastrianism_...29706194865254

it would really help with the immersion.

Yeah, I need to update the faction symbols in general on that mod. Here is the mod thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?631816

I started the Romans at peace because the civil war hadn't exactly kicked off quite yet in this time. Constantinus is about to attack Maxentius and Emperor Galerius just died leaving his area to Licinius. Technically, everyone knew war was coming as there had already been conflicts between Maxentius and the other emperors. At that time, though, there were side deals and backstabbing going on prior to all out war. I wanted to give the player the options rather than pushing them into war immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    If you are asking about making your own version, what I do is use an esf to xml converter. I start a game, confederate what factions I want under that faction, then export the save. The general outline of how to do it can be found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13325878

Basically, you setup the factions to be the same subculture with a factions table mod and give them the ability to confederate with that mod. If you are confederating factions that aren't normally the same culture, you will have to go in and manually change all the buildings cultures.

If you are asking about taking Hegemonia's startpos and adding back factions, that would be much more problematic and complicated. In that same post you will find how to do manual region trading. However, I have found that it is more buggy and problematic than the confederation method.

I would be happy to help however I can, I am currently in a lot of projects right now and sort of spread myself too thin LOL. But, if you have any questions PM me or find me on steam.
    No worries man, I know the feeling of being spread thin. I might look you up for that help later on, but I will give it a try myself.

impressive work ++rep

Update
    - Meaningful Resources update: updated CAI building priorities to improve new resource chains development. Also, added a new agriculture building in the Warhorses supply chain.
    - Reduced income for minor factions.
    - Fixed cursus honorum for minor factions.

So if I understand right "It's a Small World After All" was fully implemented or is still needed?