Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.5 (Patch 17)

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.4 (patch 7 beta, Meaningful Resources, Parthia expanded)

any update on the Syracuse Expanded problem

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.4 (patch 7 beta, Meaningful Resources, Parthia expanded)

I don't know if this mod will ever be compatible with Syracuse Expanded. I think that mod makes a lot of changes to the startpos.

If I am wrong about the number of startpos changes, then maybe it is possible. I will try to investigate if I can make a compatible version with the modder's permission.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    he cant give one region to one faction, its either that entire faction or nothing and the game starts 2 decades before their independence.
    giving Parthia Dahae and Kath would be the most balanced and appropriate action IMO.
    Yes I know when Parni took Parthia, was just thinking outloud- Parthia is so weak. Historically they were till much much later, at a time of Seleukid internal wars. But the historical Parthians were somehow always able to recover from setbacks and continue their rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Update 2.4
    - Expanded Parthia.
    - Rome now starts at war with Liguria.
    - Slightly lowered Carthage's diplomatic upgrade I had given them with Africa/Spain.
    - Carthage's mercenary bonus increased to -50%.
    - Slightly lowered Junia's diplomatic penalty.
    - Slightly increased Hellenic relations with Rome, hopefully Epirus doesn't immediately invade.
    - Added new images to the New Campaign screen for the expanded empires.

One issue I have noticed is that Rome is being immediately attacked by the Delmetae (and often Epirus). As a temporary measure I have allied the Delmetae with Rome, this usually only lasts a few turns. Even though they start at war with Liguria, Rome is still refusing to expand north in my test games. The Veneti will even declare war, yet Rome just won't go up there. I am not sure why.
    Ok, I just noticed that Baktria is immediately taking one of Parthia's regions. I am going to remake the mod and put an army there for Parthia. Give me a bit.
    Great work I will have a new campaign this afternoon. Thanks for all your work

Update to the update...

Fixed the Parthian issue of immediately losing a province by adding an army.
    Also added Start Campaign images that show the expanded empires full extent.
    nice touch with the new pictures.
    anyways after a little testing I see that the diplomatic relationships of romans and their neighbors are not so great, even if you set a faction at war or in an alliance with the other faction they seem to still break these alliances if they are not friendly.
    at least thats what happened, after 10 turns Rome usually finds itself at war with all of the northern gallic and eastern Illyrian greek factions including their used to be ally.
    rome has already started to lose ground and it has several armies sitting at rome instead of using them against its enemies (maybe it is but I cant see it though the fog of war.
    Historically speaking in 263 Syracuse and later in the second punic war Massalia were closely linked to the romans so making it so that these two greek factions are on friendly (defensive allies) terms with Rome and unfriendly towards potential enemies (gauls and Illyrians) should make it possible for rome to survive and expand further.
    also setting up a trade between these factions would make sure they increase their friendly ties.
    eventually the Illyrians and all of the Gauls will declare war on Rome and with how fast Syracus and Massallia spam out units usually it should make for an interesting scenario.
    the Parthians seemed to be fine in my seleucids test but I need to observe them longer to see how they behave usually.

Thanks for all the testing. It is hugely appreciated!

I am trying to find a solution for Rome that balances history and the need for the AI to expand. Currently, Rome just won't push into the north. I have noticed that Rome has an issue managing Corsica (so maybe I need to make that manual region change and test it).

Rome also gets into serious trouble with Illyria and Greece way too early. Toho, your idea of making Rome early allies with Syracuse and Massilia might be an answer. One problem with that, however, is that Syracuse almost always draws Rome into a war with Epirus very early.

It isn't historically accurate, but I am tempted to expand Rome into northern Italy. That will make sure they are a major force. I would have to play with that idea and test it, but it could be answer.

I dont think war with epirus is potentially a bad thing.
    for one Epirus is hated by every greek faction anyway and if Rome declares war on Epirus it might increase its chances to avoiding a war with the Illyrians because of positive diplomatic points.
    I would say lets try the Massalia and Syracus idea for now and if that still doesn't work then giving the the alpine province to Rome may be the only solution though I would say this should be of the absolute last resort because it makes the roman campaign way too boring (overpowered)

Hey man, just to let you know, I'm playing the Selucid Empire, and so far every nation wants to sign a military alliance with me, conduct trade, and give me money for it. So far it's impossible to get a nation to go to war with me, it's kind of a snore.

Am I doing something wrong? I have downloaded the Dresden_Hegemonia2_Mod.pack and placed it in the Rome2/data folder. I don't use any other mods. But when trying to start a new campaign the game freezes and then crashes. I also deleted the entire Rome II game and re-installed it again. However, this didn't help.

Just try subscribing on the steam workshop

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.3 (patch 7 beta + Meaningful Resources)

@mrhappyx666x This mod is almost entirely a startpos mod. Most of the changes are made there (region ownership, etc.). If you want to use this mod with another mod that edits the startpos, then this mod needs to load first. Or, take the startpos.esf out of this mod and put it into the other mod.

@Americanus Supremus The Hardcore mod is basically an entire campaign overhaul based on turns per year. It does add my other mods, but it also changes all aspects of the game to me more consistent with 2TPY or 4TPY. Population Growth, Cultural Conversion, Building time, Recruit time, Research time, Movement, Recruit/Building/Upkeep Cost, and many other aspects. You can see the full changes under the Hegemonia Hardcore page.

As far as Corsica goes (I think you meant Corsica), it should be Carthaginian. Since I used confederations to make this mod, all Etruscan territories became Roman. I may use manual region trading to give Corsica to Carthage. However, my experience with manual region trading has been somewhat problematic (it causes stability issues when used on a mass scale). The next update may include Corsica to Carthage, if it is a stable change.
    Ahhh ok thank you for clarifying as it makes total sense now. I have been messing with the StartPos since we got the tool and have noticed it is very hard to manipulate as I know you and every other modder has as well. Its a very minor thing considering the challenges your facing in creating this mod.

I noticed in your later comments about the desire to get Rome to expand Northwards when its played by the AI while also keeping them at peace longer with the Illyrians. I am sure you have thought of these things, but I didn't see them so I figured I would add them in case you didn't. Can you adjust diplomatic relations between factions? Either by setting them to be at war (with barbarian north) or to adjust the penalties given to make the relationship worse off from the beginning? Also I would suggest setting Rome and Massillia to some form of alliance as this is both historical and will give bonuses to relationships of other greek states. You can go further in giving a non aggression pact or defensive alliance with Syracuse as war with the Epiriots almost always is declared by Rome in my campaigns. Though that maybe problematic if the Romans do take Apollonia then war with the rest of the greek states happens again before you want it too. Or just go ahead and give Rome and the Illyrian factions non aggression pacts from the beginning that way the game has to break them. Though again that could be problematic as the AI may just stay peaceful the whole time. Again sorry if these things have been mentioned by others and thanks again for the awesome mod am enjoying the game a whole lot more because of it.
    Rome Total War 2 Beta Tester

The Censors are coming, the Censors are coming... RUN!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Just try subscribing on the steam workshop
    And that would help me, because?

Quote Originally Posted by WayneRooney View Post
    Hey man, just to let you know, I'm playing the Selucid Empire, and so far every nation wants to sign a military alliance with me, conduct trade, and give me money for it. So far it's impossible to get a nation to go to war with me, it's kind of a snore.
    declare war on Armenia and Parthia... and Egypt if you want some fun.
    its historical but Dresden cant fix the campaign AI that CA has made.

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    And that would help me, because?
    Because you won't need to do anything, just incase it is something you are doing wrong. Just offering a suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Because you won't need to do anything, just incase it is something you are doing wrong. Just offering a suggestion
    does he have Beta 7 installed?

does he have Beta 7 installed?
    No I have not. Does not this mod work without Beta 7?

no it does not. hence why it is in the title.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

perhaps i'll have to use this mod since with the vanilla version the campaigns go weird with everbody from africa and gaul in the first few round declaring war on me on easy
    Veritas Temporis Filia

@Dresden, I figured out why Rome is either not expanding or losing to the gauls.
    the problem is thos gallic short swords. I mean holy crap those guy's auto-resolve stats are off the charts, they should be slightly nerfed.
    Principes and Triarii have a really hard time with these guys.

I dont think war with epirus is potentially a bad thing.
    for one Epirus is hated by every greek faction anyway and if Rome declares war on Epirus it might increase its chances to avoiding a war with the Illyrians because of positive diplomatic points.
    I would say lets try the Massalia and Syracus idea for now and if that still doesn't work then giving the the alpine province to Rome may be the only solution though I would say this should be of the absolute last resort because it makes the roman campaign way too boring (overpowered)
    I am going to do some testing with Rome and see if I can find a happy balance. The problem is, the Illyrians are celts (and so are the factions in northern italy). If I lower Rome's relationships with the northern italy factions, it makes the Illyrian factions angry as well.

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Am I doing something wrong? I have downloaded the Dresden_Hegemonia2_Mod.pack and placed it in the Rome2/data folder. I don't use any other mods. But when trying to start a new campaign the game freezes and then crashes. I also deleted the entire Rome II game and re-installed it again. However, this didn't help.
    You need patch 7 beta to use this version. If you don't have patch 7 beta, the version on the Steam Workshop is still patch 6.

Quote Originally Posted by WayneRooney View Post
    I haven't changed the Seleucid diplomatic status with any of their neighbors, but it is probably a function of being so much larger than everyone else. The main idea of this mod is to actually make it harder when you are playing against these larger empires. I am considering opening up all factions as playable to this mod to add more options for players to fight the big guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Americanus Supremus View Post
    Ahhh ok thank you for clarifying as it makes total sense now. I have been messing with the StartPos since we got the tool and have noticed it is very hard to manipulate as I know you and every other modder has as well. Its a very minor thing considering the challenges your facing in creating this mod.

I noticed in your later comments about the desire to get Rome to expand Northwards when its played by the AI while also keeping them at peace longer with the Illyrians. I am sure you have thought of these things, but I didn't see them so I figured I would add them in case you didn't. Can you adjust diplomatic relations between factions? Either by setting them to be at war (with barbarian north) or to adjust the penalties given to make the relationship worse off from the beginning? Also I would suggest setting Rome and Massillia to some form of alliance as this is both historical and will give bonuses to relationships of other greek states. You can go further in giving a non aggression pact or defensive alliance with Syracuse as war with the Epiriots almost always is declared by Rome in my campaigns. Though that maybe problematic if the Romans do take Apollonia then war with the rest of the greek states happens again before you want it too. Or just go ahead and give Rome and the Illyrian factions non aggression pacts from the beginning that way the game has to break them. Though again that could be problematic as the AI may just stay peaceful the whole time. Again sorry if these things have been mentioned by others and thanks again for the awesome mod am enjoying the game a whole lot more because of it.
    I have started Rome at war with Liguria and allied with the Delmetae. However, Rome still refuses to attack north. Also, any alliances I set up with Illyria usually last only a few turns before they are broken and at war. I am going to continue to work on getting Rome right.

@Dresden, I figured out why Rome is either not expanding or losing to the gauls.
    the problem is thos gallic short swords. I mean holy crap those guy's auto-resolve stats are off the charts, they should be slightly nerfed.
    Principes and Triarii have a really hard time with these guys.
    That could very well be true. I am hesitant to change any unit values as it would make this mod incompatible with battle mods. In my campaigns, Rome doesn't even try to attack to the north. I think it is a few things. First, they get involved in wars to the east/south. Second, Alalia seems to occupy their attention for no reason (in my campaigns they keep sending troops back and forth to that island like morons). Third, those northern italian factions form some big armies fairly quickly and Rome is spread thin.

That could very well be true. I am hesitant to change any unit values as it would make this mod incompatible with battle mods. In my campaigns, Rome doesn't even try to attack to the north. I think it is a few things. First, they get involved in wars to the east/south. Second, Alalia seems to occupy their attention for no reason (in my campaigns they keep sending troops back and forth to that island like morons). Third, those northern italian factions form some big armies fairly quickly and Rome is spread thin.
    from what I have seen is there is usually a very small force at Alalia but most of their armies in Italy but they just seem to be walking back and forth.
    here is a crazy idea that I would suggest.

make Massalia a client state to Rome and Syracus their ally, then proceed to make Illyrians and the gauls hate rome and vice versa.
    give rome an extra stack of a couple of hastatis and italian spearmen... then disable garrisons.

what I think happens with Rome and virtually every other faction is that the army goes all the way to the enemy base, realizes he cant take it on with a garrison and then runs back.
    if you disable garrisons we will see two events, either roman gets overpowered in seconds or they expand like the Nazi in WW2 Blitzkrieg. you can put this in your hardcore mod as something separate to avoid compatibility issues.
    if you cant remove garrisons completely then just put 1 mob as the garrison for everyone.