Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.5 (Patch 17)

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.3 (patch 7 beta + Meaningful Resources)

Version 2.3
    - Updated for Patch 7 beta.
    - Includes Xil0's Meanginful Resources Mod. Huge thanks to him for letting me use it!

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

good4eL's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.3 (patch 7 beta + Meaningful Resources)

Could you please show me the pics?

if you give ekbatana to the seleucids then that would severely underpower Atropatene.
    what I suggest is leave things as they are for the seleucids and give parthia at least 2 more regions. preferably Dahea and 2 regions from Baktria,
    in the future if Baktria becomes playable the player has a more challenging start and the Parthians have the potential of becoming a real super power.

also dresden can you please increase the mercenary discount for Carthage by around 10%, so instead of 40% its 50%?

Leonnidas's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Version 2.3
    - Updated for Patch 7 beta.
    - Includes Xil0's Meanginful Resources Mod. Huge thanks to him for letting me use it!
    Tks Dresden for your hard work to put up this great mod and now with Xilo's. Thank you

@good4EL What pics are you referring to? If you mean the starting territories, here is what it looks like for the 4 empires:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

@Toho I may look into expanding Parthia, at least into the Dahae lands. I will also see about increasing Carthage's mercenary discount in the next update.

Libertus

Hey, the mod looks great, i may just be starting up a new Carthage game now. I'm just curious on compatibility with Silvens total improvement mod. now, i know the obvious answer of no, it isn't as both are turn per year mods and edit the startpos. however, does the 1 tpy version actually make any changes from base game as i can imagine proper load order will help with that and hopefully the startpos file. Im just hoping to know if poking around in the pack files and trying to get them to run together is just gonna be a overwhelming feat for me to fail at lol. Thanks, keep up the great work

Quick questions, what is the difference between your hard core mod and any of the turn per year mods? Does it just add your other mods like sack, liberate etc.. Or do you try and make the game more challenging through personality changes and what not?

Also shouldn't Sardinia be a Carthagian region??? I thought they had control of both Corsica and Sardinia prior to the Punic War that starts around 265bc. I could be wrong but wondering about it.

Thanks in advance. Loading the new mods up now.
    Rome Total War 2 Beta Tester

The Censors are coming, the Censors are coming... RUN!!!!!

@mrhappyx666x This mod is almost entirely a startpos mod. Most of the changes are made there (region ownership, etc.). If you want to use this mod with another mod that edits the startpos, then this mod needs to load first. Or, take the startpos.esf out of this mod and put it into the other mod.

@Americanus Supremus The Hardcore mod is basically an entire campaign overhaul based on turns per year. It does add my other mods, but it also changes all aspects of the game to me more consistent with 2TPY or 4TPY. Population Growth, Cultural Conversion, Building time, Recruit time, Research time, Movement, Recruit/Building/Upkeep Cost, and many other aspects. You can see the full changes under the Hegemonia Hardcore page.

As far as Corsica goes (I think you meant Corsica), it should be Carthaginian. Since I used confederations to make this mod, all Etruscan territories became Roman. I may use manual region trading to give Corsica to Carthage. However, my experience with manual region trading has been somewhat problematic (it causes stability issues when used on a mass scale). The next update may include Corsica to Carthage, if it is a stable change.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

What about ecbatana Dresden? This mod is aimed at historical accuracy and therefore should be for the seleucids or should at least be included in a diffrent mod where they give ecbatana to a satrapy of the seleucids

if you give ekbatana to the seleucids then that would severely underpower Atropatene.
    Its not like this really matter, they are already a very passive minor faction which isn't really a noteworthy faction. and they certainly don't have the units to challenge other factions

well yes i agree Dahae should be merged with parthia
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Due to the way the mod is made, it is mostly all-or-nothing with factions. So, if I give the Seleucids part of Media Atropene lands, they will get them all.

I can use a manual region trading method, but that has been unstable in the past when I used it. I will look into a way of giving Ekbatana to the Seleucids and Corsica to Carthage, but I want to make sure the mod remains stable.

right now I am playing your mod as Carthage and I have to say the the fact that Corsica is not under my command gives Rome some room to maneuver against me and gives me an objective to capture.
    also well done giving friendlier relations to the African tribes, I have not tested the Rome campaign yet but giving some trade agreements or non-aggression treaties with the 3 African tribes to the south should ensure that Carthage remains strong so they dont need a second completed province.

Now regarding Rome, as Carthage for about 20 or 30 turns into the game Rome was happily just standing there doing nothing but after the Epirotes finally died out which at this point Athens had conquered all of their territory and made a greek alliance with Egypt, Sparta, and the two of the Illyrian Greek factions... so at this point either Rome declared war on Athens or the other way around. lets just say the romans despite having massive armies finally lost ground and now only have 3 regions left (Rome, Valathri and Corsica). What I would suggest to help with the expansion of Rome early in the game is give very negative relations with some of the northern gallic factions (or even at war relation with one of them) while giving some very friendly relations with Massalia and one of the Illyrian factions.
    this should allow Rome to take advantage of its early armies in quickly capturing the Alps and making sure they have some friends to ally with.

I will do some more test when I get the chance.

now regarding the All or Not scenario with Media Atropene I vote that you leave them alone, early in the game they form an alliance with Armenia and fighting that duo coalition is one of the most challenging aspects of the Seleucid campaign besides the Egyptians. And you might as well give Parthia Kath as well so the Parthians have a complete region besides their capital, it should make the campaign for the steppe faction as well since they would be declaring war either on fellow steppes faction or a much bigger and stronger Parthia.
    Last edited by Toho; November 16, 2013 at 12:47 PM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm convinced you should merge Parni and Dahae, I am almost inclined to say give them Hekatompylos but the Parni nomads under Arsakes didn't take satrapy of Parthia till 238 BCE, having said that Macedonian strategos Andragoras had already declared his indendence from Seleukid control in 247!

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    I'm convinced you should merge Parni and Dahae, I am almost inclined to say give them Hekatompylos but the Parni nomads under Arsakes didn't take satrapy of Parthia till 238 BCE, having said that Macedonian strategos Andragoras had already declared his indendence from Seleukid control in 247!
    he cant give one region to one faction, its either that entire faction or nothing and the game starts 2 decades before their independence.
    giving Parthia Dahae and Kath would be the most balanced and appropriate action IMO.

I like the idea of making the relations between Rome and the Celts worse, or at least starting them at war with some of the northern Italian celts.

I will also look into expanding Parthia.

I'm unable to double the unit sizes with your mod. ANy reason why this is? I tried editing your file and noticed instead of a 1 there is 0.75 in the startpof. campaign options.

@WayneRooney That is odd, it is probably because this mod is made from a repacked save file. In theory, you should still be able to change the unit sizes in the database files to affect newly recruited units. However, I haven't tested it.

Update 2.4
    - Expanded Parthia.
    - Rome now starts at war with Liguria.
    - Slightly lowered Carthage's diplomatic upgrade I had given them with Africa/Spain.
    - Carthage's mercenary bonus increased to -50%.
    - Slightly lowered Junia's diplomatic penalty.
    - Slightly increased Hellenic relations with Rome, hopefully Epirus doesn't immediately invade.
    - Added new images to the New Campaign screen for the expanded empires.

One issue I have noticed is that Rome is being immediately attacked by the Delmetae (and often Epirus). As a temporary measure I have allied the Delmetae with Rome, this usually only lasts a few turns. Even though they start at war with Liguria, Rome is still refusing to expand north in my test games. The Veneti will even declare war, yet Rome just won't go up there. I am not sure why.
    Last edited by Dresden; November 16, 2013 at 11:00 PM.

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.4 (patch 7 beta, Meaningful Resources, Parthia expanded)

sweet, gonna do some tests and see how it plays out.

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.4 (patch 7 beta, Meaningful Resources, Parthia expanded)

Ok, I just noticed that Baktria is immediately taking one of Parthia's regions. I am going to remake the mod and put an army there for Parthia. Give me a bit.

Update to the update...

Fixed the Parthian issue of immediately losing a province by adding an army.
    Also added Start Campaign images that show the expanded empires full extent.