Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.5 (Patch 17)

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.1 (More stable version using older method 11/5/2013)

Version 2.1
    - Reverted to old method of confederating for region switching due to stability issue with the newer method. This should be much more stable.
    - Chapter missions still work just fine.
    - Greek can't confederate for now if using this with my Diplomatic mod.
    - Large empires start with more armies and more money. Fixed armies not being able to upgrade.

Edit: Released an overhaul mod that combines this mod, my TPY changes and most of my other mods: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?629110-
    Last edited by Dresden; November 06, 2013 at 12:23 AM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.1 (More stable version using older method 11/5/2013)

For some reason my game crashes on start when I activate this mod, I tired extracting the files and then it crashes when I try to enter the new campaign thingy. All other mods I'm using are just cosmetic, and it doesn't report conflicts, so perhaps it's to do with the startpos file? Is the mod compatible with versons of the game before v1.05? The same goes for the Qart Hadasht thingy... Any idea what the problem could be? I just really want to play this mod, but it's bugging me!

This will not be compatible with pre-1.5 game versions because for 1.5 they did massive startpos updates (for the addition of the new starting factions).

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.2 (updated Nov 10 2013)

Update 2.2
    - Increased aggressiveness of various factions, especially the large empires.
    - Improved diplomacy between Carthage and Spain/Africa.
    - Altered the Barcid starting trait to be less of a penalty on diplomacy.
    - Increased military spending and build priority for the AI.
    - Changed some factions to prefer infantry over missile units.

I really like this mod and I though it would be quite challenging from the Parthian side though I find myself easily taking over Seleucid lands before they have any army to even stop me.
    Also as the Seleucid the Parthians pose little challenge and it is far too easy at early game to keep control over my lands.

The only thing I can suggest that can be fun is to have a mod that allows both Both Carthage and Seleucids to start with their original lands but offer them the option to form a confederation with their vassals when they wish at any point in the game. I looked at your other mods and they automatically give you these regions.
    in this same version give a very negative and aggressive stance to Parthia and give them some extra starting income, armies or even some regions that would allow them to support a bigger army (not have them starve) to enable Parthia to be the Steppe horde that took over most of the Seleucid empire.

you can also have this version of the mod for people playing as Gaul can appreciate Rome, Carthage, Egypt and Seleucides at their full potential power.
    this allows people via mod manager to select the game mode they want before starting a campaign with a particular faction.
    Last edited by Toho; November 10, 2013 at 04:51 PM.

@Toho The AI won't confederate on its own, I have tried that with my old Carthage mod. Also, the Seleucids can't confederate at all unless you change their subculture (which messes up all kinds of things).

It is pretty complicated to make each version, that is why I have limited myself to the 3 so far. Maybe I could make a Parthian scenario version or something in the future.

Thanks for the feedback on the gameplay, I appreciate it. I will keep working to improve it, but unfortunately it is baby steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    @Toho The AI won't confederate on its own, I have tried that with my old Carthage mod. Also, the Seleucids can't confederate at all unless you change their subculture (which messes up all kinds of things).
    Oh thats fine, the whole reason I mentioned this was solely concerning the player and I understand the problem. what I could or would suggest would be to change the Seleucid's culture from Hellenic to Eastern, its a little debatable but imo an eastern culture represents the seleucids well as an empire that stretches from Syria to India. Will it be possible to do this? how complicated can it get? its just one faction compared to changing all the other vassal states.
    Also it will create automatic cultural aversions between the hellenic states which kind of puts you at odds with pretty much everyone if you are not careful.

It is pretty complicated to make each version, that is why I have limited myself to the 3 so far. Maybe I could make a Parthian scenario version or something in the future.
    well actually you only need to make one more version and everything else will be in place.

1 (not made) Seleucid Mod: allows Seleucids to form confederations with their pre-existing satraps at any point in the game.
    2 (already made) Carthage Mod: allows Carthage to form confederations with its vassals at any point in the game.
    3 (already made) Carthage starts with all of their vassals under their command.
    4 (already made) Seleucids start with all of their vassals under their command.
    5 (already made) all 4 major powers start with all their regions.

by simply using 1 or 2 of these at the same time the game play can change enormously. for example on the steam mod manager I can activate the Mod 2 and 4 which allows me to start as small carthage (allowed options to merge with vassals) and add immersion by allowing Seleucid to have their full power when I reach them.
    Now concerning the Parthian issue, yea, I usually find myself trying to manipulating the AI into building a super state but the AI is an idiot and prefers to keep stacks at its capital or move further west while ignoring my eastern holdings that are completely undefended. IMO, Parthia needs to hold the land of their Daehe (the faction they are allied with and the northern province of Bactria, this will give Parthia enough of a boost in economy and regional power to pretty much conquer anything

Thanks for the feedback on the gameplay, I appreciate it. I will keep working to improve it, but unfortunately it is baby steps.
    although I have radious' unit packs its your mods that keep me playing, they add the immersion that CA seriously failed to deliver.

Why is Carthage so passive? Carthage doesn't declare wars.

Hi Dresden,

First off, thanks for the mod! Your work really makes R2 a joy.

My only request would be for a version that contains just Rome and Carthage being expanded. I like to play in the east in my campaigns and would really like to meet a bustling Carthaginian or Roman empire when I expand far enough. The idea being once I straighten my satrapies out, I'll be faced with an expansive Rome ... just as IRL.

This would be really appreciated, but thank you again for your work.

@Toho I am trying to work on a mod that allows the Seleucids to confederate with their satrapies, however it is very problematic. The reason I was able to do it for my Hegemonia mod is that I temporarily changed them all to the sc_rom_greek subculture using a data pack mod. I then confederated them and repacked it into a startpos. Currently, if you confederate with a culture that isn't your own, all the building slots become unuseable and have to be manually changed in the startpos file. It is a big headache. It is possible that I could create a new subculture, but I have no idea how stable that would be. If I can get them to be their own subculture, I can release a mod like you asked for (and also make it so that in my Seleukeia and Hegemonia mods, the other greek factions can confederate).

@Ziuk if you are using the newer version with the diplomacy/aggression changes, then Carthage might indeed be too passive. I am trying to make it so that they don't get gobbled up by the Spanish and African tribal rush that always happens. I may have overdone it. My goal is to have a healthy and large Carthage that can actually participate in some Punic Wars.

@Reichmar12 I would recommend checking out my Qart-Hadast mod - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?623393 . It doesn't expand Rome, but that isn't a huge deal since Rome usually takes out the Etruscans fairly early anyway.

Thanks Dresden,

What a great idea for a mod, don't i have come across a similar concept before, like an ancient 'cold war' between the great powers. Can't wait to play it !!!

Cheers

Going to be a bit before I have a patch 7 compatible version.

Dude this is EPIC!!!! I just loaded it up and have to say I love it. Am modding it into my version of Radious Mod now. Am also going to wait and test Beta 7 until both you and Radious have made the move over. This mod is now a MUST HAVE for RTW 2 in my opinion. Awesome Work and Good Luck to all future modding endeavors.
    Rome Total War 2 Beta Tester

The Censors are coming, the Censors are coming... RUN!!!!!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Going to be a bit before I have a patch 7 compatible version.
    Oh crap does this mean I cannot continue my campaign?

You should be fine continuing your campaign. If you are using patch 7, you may have to not use the mod for a bit (but you will still have your save and it should work).

Excellent, on another note I am slowly changing all the Hellenistic place names, into their 'authentic' names ie Samarkand=Marakanda, Antioch=Antiokeia -Orontes, Merv=Antiokeia-Margiana etc etc You could add them if you want to your Seleukid pack?

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Is it possible to add ekbatana to the seleucids? i mean i don't know why they've given it to Media atropatene it was never historical

And are you also able to give it to a satrap of the seleucids ?
    Veritas Temporis Filia

I could give it to the Seleucids or make them a satrapy, I didnt realize the Seleucids owned that territory. Which would be more historically accurate?

I think they also technically owned Armenia, at least in 300 BC.

My only concern is that the Seleucids are already massive, I am worried about making them too large.
    Last edited by Dresden; November 15, 2013 at 12:29 PM.

Media Atropane and Armenia were independent kingdoms, Antiokhos III merely sought to force them to except his suzerainty, which they mostly had done.
    Ekbantana is in Media not Atropane so should be Seleukid. But perhaps you should merge the Dahae with Parthians, they need to become a serious threat at a later date

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

That's possible (i don't know in 300 bc) but according to my atlas and cards i use armenia was independent

http://geacron.com/home-fr/?lang=fr&sid=GeaCron203859

In fact Pergamon was a vassal state of the seleucid empire in 272 bc also, it became independent around 263 bc when they defeated Antiochus I
    http://www.attalus.org/bc3/year262.html

I could give it to the Seleucids or make them a satrapy, how do you mean, making Media atropatene a vassal itself (so with other region gazaca) or creating a new faction and putting them as vassal?

For this mod its the best you just should give it to the seleucids , perhaps you want to make a specific mod where factions who are independent in game but vassalised in game become vassalised in your mod.
    Veritas Temporis Filia