Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.5 (Patch 17)

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v1.0 (Carthage, Rome, Egypt and Seleucids Fully Expanded)

How do I make a certain mod load before another in the offical mod manager?

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v1.0 (Carthage, Rome, Egypt and Seleucids Fully Expanded)

@baptistus If you want to use 2 turn build and research times, you can get the 2tpy version of this mod then get the build/research one from here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?624360

@Le_Swede I don't think it is currently possible, unfortunately . Some have said the subscription order matters, I don't know. You can try Mitch's out also: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?618536
    Last edited by Dresden; October 28, 2013 at 12:01 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hellbent's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    @Le_Swede I don't think it is currently possible, unfortunately . Some have said the subscription order matters, I don't know. You can try Mitch's out also: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?618536
    It actually goes alphabetically, I believe.

So if you want a certain mod to overwrite the changes of another (i.e. loading it last), renaming to Z-mod or something would theoretically work.

Would probably be easier to do client-side rather than releasing it as such.

@
    Dresden I ve played like 5-6 hours of this mod campain as Roma and noticed that all big nations u have created are totally passive to each other and to their border mates. Meanwhile nations like Makedon, Athens, Sparta and barbarians waged wars as always just avoiding big dogs.

its not dresden's fault. it is the campaign AI, it is far too passive with other AI factions but more critical to the player instead.
    so small nations will not attack bigger nations because they are too strong and bigger nations are too passive to do it themselves.

Well, pehaps. In normal mode Seleucids fight with Egipt and their puppets with Patrhia. Rome fights whith Cartahe, here none of big dogs fight. Only small nations fight each other. I am aware of AI problems but there is for sure sth like side effect of consolidating lands. It is like AI gets uber passive when it is big. Another thing I ve noticed looking in save game fracion economics are massive savings of big ones.

I was hoping that by increasing their starting size early they would be more willing to engage in wars later in the game. However, if that is not the case I can try to change things. In all of my games, the big powers end up dying off fairly quickly or don't expand very much. At the very least, I wanted them to have a base expansion zone for the campaign start.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    its not dresden's fault. it is the campaign AI, it is far too passive with other AI factions but more critical to the player instead.
    so small nations will not attack bigger nations because they are too strong and bigger nations are too passive to do it themselves.
    True, he have made good mods, but the bad campaign AI can't be compensated. There are mechanics and AI misguidings(transport fleets but also Land movings) that just ruin any faction. AI need better garrisons, reserv armies and even more to have a more "private preserve" approaching. Not sending its armies by transport fleets everytime without goal! Not kind of stuff that modders can make actually, I assume.

Anyway I will make my own test, nice work Dresden

Due to the way the mod is made, Greek states cannot Confederate.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Cool, was waiting for a mod like this ! It's a pity I can use it rigfht now caus I started a campaign with Romsuperpowermod and Godsavecarthage.

@ VINC XXI : I agree, transport boats f@#4's up, CAI, lkke totally. But since patch 5 campaign map is alive and diplomacy seems coherent. Plus, I ve sseen CAI doing some smart moves from time to time (smart as like they never was so in previous TW games).

I just realised recently another reason why CAI let's its armies in the water is because then they are immune to agent's actions :-(
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

I've been playing a campaign with this mod among many others and I have to say that it really have changed the outcome of the game, seeing as Carthage, Egypt and the Seleucids now each hold vast empires which dwarfs my own. The only downside of this great mod is that Egypt and the Seleucids has entered into an alliance and that Carthage is playing it defensively and just protecting its borders without trying to expand. However I guess that this is due to the new patch's diplomatic changes. Seems like everyone is much friendlier these days. :/ Has anyone who uses this mod experienced some awsome wars between the Seleucids and the Egyptians etc?

Crappy's Avatar Civis

I found the same thing when it came to everyone being peaceful, and no one really expanding. Hopefully we can get some expansive empires going from the Seleucids and the Egyptians in a few editions of this mod. Its really too bad that the AI becomes so passive.

Looking forward to the updated version of the mod. Chapter Objectives add a lot of flavor and give me real targets to go after which I enjoy. Any ETA on version 2.0, Dresden?

@Crappy I hope to have it done by tomorrow. I ran into some issues when I tried to keep Cyrenaica with Cyrene. Adding Province Managers is a little buggy. I am going to end up just giving all of Cyrenaica to Egypt for now.

I may also add a province to Macedon or some of the other major powers, I am not sure. I want to make the AI more aggressive but I haven't done enough testing with that to put it in the mod just yet. Hopefully I will have the territorial parts done very soon.

Crappy's Avatar Civis

That sounds great, Dresden! Thanks for the update!

I totally get the not enough testing thing on the AI agressiveness, but do you have any ideas on how to make them want to expand more, or might might it not be possible until CA adds more tools/makes them more aggressive themselves? Does it look like (atm anyway, fingers crossed) it will be possible to make them expand a lot more and make them a force to be reckoned with in the late game?

I have run into some issues doing manual region trading for the updated Hegemonia. Certain factions won't go away even when I get rid of their regions. By staying around, they are causing issues with garrisons. I am hoping to work it out but it might be longer than I thought.

I am not sure about the AI aggressiveness, there are parts of the db that deal with it but don't seem to be active.

I hope this isn't to much to ask Dresden, but I would be deeply be grateful if you could do a Hellas province controlled by Sparta or Athens if you can
    I appreciate the mods you are making ! Big fan keep it up! ;D

Crappy's Avatar Civis

Keep up the good work Dresden! It might be tough going at times (like right now) but the mods you create in the process really make the game great, and we really appreciate it!

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.0 (New manual region trading method 11/3/2013)

Version 2.0
    - Used entirely new method to change regions manually rather than with confederations.
    - Fixed Chapter Missions.
    - All factions can now confederate if you use this mod with my City Sack, Liberate and Diplomatic Options Mod.
    - Seleucid buildings are now the right culture.
    - Garrisons still not present on the first turn in new areas (but they begin to replenish on the 2nd turn for most regions).
    - Armies that were not able to gain experience have been removed or left as their old factions. These remnant armies will disappear after the first turn (Libya, Nova Carthago, Cyrenaica and Sardes).

Future ideas
    1. Fix/remove remaining armies (might have to wait for CA to fix the factions table).
    2. Change garrison ownership (this is a really long process and may not be possible).
    3. Add more starting armies for the large factions.
    4. Increase positive diplomacy between Carthage and Spain/Africa (so they don't get destroyed quickly)
    5. Fine tune region holdings - give Cyrene to Cyrenaica, perhaps expand Macedon or the barbarian tribes.

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.0 (New manual region trading method 11/3/2013)

Work in progress update - I am working on a version using the old confederation method due to some reported stability issues. The new version will also give more starting armies to the empires and more starting money. Chapter missions and army upgrades will still work properly also.

Crappy's Avatar Civis

Are there any downsides for the confederation method over the original version of 2.0?