Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2's Future and Mod Ideas:

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RS2's Future and Mod Ideas:

is it possible to make the cimbri invasion a bit harder then it is now,maybe a stack or 2 extra, but after winning the war you get a money bonus from around 60000 denari,after all they moved with all they had looking for new lands to settle in. can something like that be implemented via a script?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Given all the texture mods that is making use of the textures for Rome 2, I am wondering if you guys would want to create a mini-mod for Rome 2 that aims to recreate the legion system. It is possible to have an AOR system, and from what I understand it is possible to add as much units as possible.

So essentially, we would be able to play a Roma Surrectum with more than 30 unique legions, as well as unlimited amount of auxiliaries. This can ensure the modding are actually rewarded for their efforts by new fans of the series, especially people who only played Rome 2. The last thing anyone would want is for another modding team to use all the textures and models built by this team and call it under another name.

Roma Surrectum 3 can be a much smaller mod compared to Roma Surrectum 2, by focusing more on replacing the units rather than trying to revamp the entire game. After all, that's how the RS started! The team only needs to hire a few additional people to help them implement the existing skins and intergate them into Rome 2.
    Last edited by ray243; December 23, 2013 at 01:07 AM.

I saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lBNW...DDLo1lv3_5hkYA

The sound during the fight seems awesome and the fighting animation for those elite falx guys seem to be a must .
    Is there any way incorporated them in this mod? Maybe for the next patch?
    • “A reflective, contented mind is the best possession.” ...
    • “With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. ...
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...
    • “Do not hold grain waiting for higher prices when people are hungry.”

All by Zoroaster.

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

I am wondering what mod is that?
    Nevermind, nobody can compete with the glorious RS2 except EB and RTR (and maybe IB)

SD_Man's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Lenin Cat View Post
    I am wondering what mod is that?
    Nevermind, nobody can compete with the glorious RS2 except EB and RTR (and maybe IB)
    Looks like XGM, notice the vanilla shields.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usef2UX9GjY what do you think about this?

it seems that the following animations can be downloaded from here. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nimations-Pack
    Not to be lazy or anything, right now I don't have have chance to try it but anyone knows whether it can be implemented in Rs 2?
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...

All by Zoroaster.

Those animations appear more appropriate for a phalanx unit not legionaries. The Romans werent that orderly.

is there room for a new building line in RS2? i like to see a structure for minting coins,starting when the settlement reach city size,first tear only copper coins and must have copper resource,2tearcopper,silver coins,3tearsilver,gold coins
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    is there room for a new building line in RS2? i like to see a structure for minting coins,starting when the settlement reach city size,first tear only copper coins and must have copper resource,2tearcopper,silver coins,3tearsilver,gold coins
    That's interesting, any idea how to stimulate the way economy works is welcome.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Davidos View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usef2UX9GjY what do you think about this?

it seems that the following animations can be downloaded from here. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nimations-Pack
    Not to be lazy or anything, right now I don't have have chance to try it but anyone knows whether it can be implemented in Rs 2?
    I've downloaded the animations and tried them in RS2. However, there is an animation\skeleton missing for one of the Roman officers (Cornecian), so I got a packer\unpacker and will see what I can do about adding these. Will take some testing though, as many of our units needed a lot of TLC because of shield tipping and clipping.

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    I have been working on this, as a matter of fact. My test bed has that building. But as I mentioned earlier in this thread, it will require removing some temples, because we used around 62-63 building slots out of 64 allowed, and I need several to change the Roman recruitment the way I want to.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

thats intresting dvk,what temple did you remove? a happyness temple like juno or Minerva or the mercury temple witch provides extra income?you can drop some of the later mining structures or not, like hydralic mining and the other one(forgot the name)and replace them with the minting structures oh and what do you have in mind for the roman recruitment,can you tell something about thatdamn i wish i know how to mod,i shoud help you out if you wanted to but im just a gamer

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Read the first post. I explain a lot about what I've been thinking about there.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I rarely if ever build any happiness temples due to the tax hit.

There are so many other happy buildings.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Same. The only temples I'd build are the ones to the god of war, for the gold armour. That's in few settlements though.

How come some temples give you money, while some take away? Just for balance, yeah?
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

I build Ceres and the other one (cant remember now) that give you trade and tax boni, and Vulcan in certain cities for the armour.

The happiness temples seen like a waste of build slots as I never use them.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

nha some happyness temples are good to build in newly conquered regions, but most of the time the first to tears are enough.in my homeland i build ceres,mercury,vulcan,jupiter sometimes juno and minerva just for fun,same with taxI,taxII only build them in late campaign.ill check the first post cheers

[QUOTE=dvk901;13513662]I've downloaded the animations and tried them in RS2. However, there is an animation\skeleton missing for one of the Roman officers (Cornecian), so I got a packer\unpacker and will see what I can do about adding these. Will take some testing though, as many of our units needed a lot of TLC because of shield tipping and clipping.

Thanks dvk for your patience in testing . I hope there will some good results. By the way, what does TLC mean please?

All by Zoroaster.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

TLC = Tender loving care.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

TLC = "The Learning Channel"

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    Same. The only temples I'd build are the ones to the god of war, for the gold armour. That's in few settlements though.

How come some temples give you money, while some take away? Just for balance, yeah?
    In all my settlements i build the Shrine to Minerva?? the one that gives Increase in Trade