Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2's Future and Mod Ideas:

Default Re: RS2's Future and Mod Ideas:

I think you should add more ship models to the important ports if possible.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I'll give it a thought.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

My god, announce Rome III already...

Magnificent work.

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Amazing pictures DVK, again... .
    Great job!!!

Died of a heart attack after looking at all those beautiful pictures, wake me up when RS 2.7 comes out.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

DVK iff you need more,here are some others i found
    babylon

antioch,but again from roman times,still searching for a seleucid reconstruction

thebes, temple of karnak and ptolomaic temple
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

I hope you might discover some way to get rivers into city maps.
    Maybe just create it artificially and use the bridge model?Some sort of channel running through the city.

found picture of pisidian antioch

@romanius i don't think it is even look good when having a river inside the city,don't think there is room for it,iff the settlements where bigger yes but now,no
    Last edited by tungri_centurio; July 22, 2014 at 04:09 PM.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Patrician

Thanks for the pictures, bud. As for the rivers...yes, I am still mulling through my mind how that could be done. The thing is, I want it to look at least 'decent'....not like some Lego setup. But I have discovered ways to make 'overlays' of various things....for example, the Greek cities I've created all have fake 'roads' in them that I created out of the overlays the game uses on the battle map to create the roads.

The problem is that all RTW cities and towns use a large underlay and overlay that essentially 'flatten' the terrain they sit on. Nothing will appear below those files...like a channel that water would flow through....so you'd have to create the 'impression' of a channel with the textures (with shading and light), and then hope the files that use the textures will render then correctly. It's something I still want to experiment with. I just haven't come to a city yet that a river ran ran through....Antioch or Babylon, however, might be the test.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

no problem m8,dunno if the pictures are based on original settlement layouts or are based on any level of archeologic evedence.
    don't think babylon had actually canals around it...
    im still looking for pictures of settlement plans for ptolomaic,partian,germanic and carthage but can't find any from before the romans where there.
    had found a cool one from thebes but can't find it anymore.did only search with google so any tips on other sites to search on?

for carthage itself the best reconstruction is the one from rome2 i have to admitatleast they did something good.

do you think that when you can create rivers in the city's they also be seen outside,where they run into the city?otherwise it looks so unreal...
    Last edited by tungri_centurio; July 23, 2014 at 12:28 PM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    no problem m8,dunno if the pictures are based on original settlement layouts or are based on any level of archeologic evedence.
    don't think babylon had actually canals around it...
    im still looking for pictures of settlement plans for ptolomaic,partian,germanic and carthage but can't find any from before the romans where there.
    had found a cool one from thebes but can't find it anymore.did only search with google so any tips on other sites to search on?

for carthage itself the best reconstruction is the one from rome2 i have to admitatleast they did something good.

do you think that when you can create rivers in the city's they also be seen outside,where they run into the city?otherwise it looks so unreal...
    That's the issue.....I would want it to look at least 'sorta' real.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    i can't understand how you can love it,vanilla is crap and every patch messed up the mods so it's unplayable for me.
    ^^ This. I pre-ordered and paid full price. RSII beats it by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Works View Post
    ^^ This. I pre-ordered and paid full price. RSII beats it by a mile.
    me to and i bought a new high end pc for it. i allways had good toughts about the game industy but rome2 did make me loose it.
    i never pre-order any game anymore,thats for sure.i like good graphics but today thats the only thing that counts for developers i guess.

@DVK i hope you manage it but i don't think it's gonna work.rather see more things like the aquaduct going inside the city or some buildings outside the walls
    iff thats possible.

First, absolutely fantastic work you've put into all of this, dvk901. I can smell the love. And it smells good.

@DVK i hope you manage it but i don't think it's gonna work.rather see more things like the aquaduct going inside the city or some buildings outside the walls
    iff thats possible.
    I agree with this. It wouldn't even need to be connected to the walls (if that makes it harder), but just something besides a box where everything is concentrated. I thought this was hardly even possible, until the pictures of the ports came in. In basically any city (or maybe the bigger ones that you're customizing), just a few houses/farms/temples/whatever spread out around the outlying areas of town would make it feel more realistic ... or "organic" is a better word I guess -- less like a 17th century French garden or a planned grid-like city in a box. Maybe it shouldn't be too close to the walls, in case that would mess up sapping points or pathfinding or whatever. And I wouldn't want it so clogged up that I couldn't move armies around (or enemy/friendly reinforcements couldn't get into the battle). But otherwise, it would be great to have just "more stuff" strewn about all over the map.

Edit: One thing I was thinking was that, in lieu of making a road to the port, you could just have a few extra buildings outside of the walls between them and the port. That would still make it feel more connected to the city, even though there'd be no literal road that you put there. They could be just additional market/storehouse sorts of buildings or even houses, which would make sense next to it.
    Last edited by Ovidius Empiricus; July 23, 2014 at 08:15 PM.

is it possible to add the names of the named legions on the army's banners on the campaign map?

can't you use the icon of the generals bodyguard unit for an other purpose?maybe make that an adopt icon instead so you can adopt him to the ruling family?
    the one in the red square,or is that something that is hardcoded?

Port's Avatar Civis

you could make a separate campaign for the tribes of Britain (Picts), Thrace, the tribes of Spain?

That would take too long and those factions are kinda useless anyway.
    I think most of the engine limits have been reached as well.

can you relocate the scythae and the sarmatians in future update or even drop one off them?

I think the Sarmatians should stay but maybe the Scythian slot should be used for another faction.Something in Africa maybe.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    I think the Sarmatians should stay but maybe the Scythian slot should be used for another faction.Something in Africa maybe.
    I believe that would require a lot of work. If it happens, it would be awesome though. I just want another enemy for the Seleukids for the East, but that would require changes on the map and even more tons of work..