Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia Driver Updates

Default Re: New Nvidia 334.89 driver offers 5% performance in rome 2.

What is their margin of error? +5% in performance for computer whatsits and drivers is tbh is more along the lines of "same as before".

The issue with the game for people like me is that as the campaign progresses the fps drops from 60+ on turn 1 to low 20's by turn 50 once you have a fair bit of trade going on and have uncovered a bunch of factions.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Nvidia Driver Updates

tested it Wolar, thanks for posting. Unfortunately the peformance on my system was measureable slower on certain settings with this driver
    have a look

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...fixes)-results
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Wolar's Avatar Tiro

You're welcome mate! I checked the link, aye. At least we are finally seeing something from Nvidia. Perhaps the next driver will have a 5-10 increase across the board and we get to see tangible benefits..
    Scripta manent, verba volant.

My Byzantine AAR
    My Rome II story

Quote Originally Posted by rob-a-dogg View Post
    What is their margin of error? +5% in performance for computer whatsits and drivers is tbh is more along the lines of "same as before".

The issue with the game for people like me is that as the campaign progresses the fps drops from 60+ on turn 1 to low 20's by turn 50 once you have a fair bit of trade going on and have uncovered a bunch of factions.
    It'd be a measurement of Draw Calls one would think. That's the only metric I know of that they could gauge performance off of. So these drivers would reduce draw calls by 5%. What this would actually mean in terms of FPS however I don't know.. 5% is pretty damn minor, I wouldn't expect much except maybe an extra frame somewhere.

well, +5% is better than nothing! ^^

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Agreed, it is really enjoyable there is something coming from NVIDIA. I hope the same you said.
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Wolar's Avatar Tiro

Indeed, there is light at a end of the tunnel.. ..let's hope it is not a mirage.
    Scripta manent, verba volant.

My Byzantine AAR
    My Rome II story

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Why do they take AC3 as reference and not black flag?

DaciaJC's Avatar Semisalis

I'm more interested in this:

Up to 15% in Company of Heroes 2
    CoH2 performs like crap for me. Can I expect this magnitude of improvement if I'm using a 560 Ti, or is it just for the newer cards like the 770?

Quote Originally Posted by DaciaJC View Post
    I'm more interested in this:

CoH2 performs like crap for me. Can I expect this magnitude of improvement if I'm using a 560 Ti, or is it just for the newer cards like the 770?
    Ditto, Rome 2 runs pretty well as of patch 9 anyway, but I can't even get COH 2 to run properly on the lowest settings. Not that I'm sure I want to. I have such good memories of COH 1.... but I digress.

Default Newest Nvidia driver ~ 5% boost of Rome 2's performance

New in GeForce 334.89 WHQL drivers

Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 19% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. the previous WHQL-certified drivers (332.21). Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here are some examples of measured gains:

GeForce GTX 770/780/TITAN/780Ti:

Up to 19% in F1 2013
    Up to 18% in Sleeping Dogs
    Up to 16% in Hitman Absolution
    Up to 15% in Company of Heroes 2
    Up to 10% in Assassin’s Creed 3
    Up to 7% in BioShock Infinite
    Up to 6% in Sniper Elite V2
    Up to 5% in Total War: Rome 2

SLI Technology
    Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD – created profile
    Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry – created profile
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director’s Cut – created profile
    The Crew – created profile

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/73218/en-us

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I feel when I updated my nvidia graphic drivers. I feel now that my game is running much better now. Good improvement by Nvidia.

Default Re: Newest Nvidia driver ~ 5% boost of Rome 2's performance

Your a day to late!
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

can someone link please?

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    can someone link please?
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

its hard to see any performance improvement when im still getting huge fps drops in siege/fort battles (14-15fps on 780 ti SC) , i guess its the dam engine. come on CA fix this, siege battles are bad enough without this huge slowdown
    Last edited by tarloch; February 20, 2014 at 02:10 AM.

Biarchus

Im not sure why you guys are expecting to see a big perfomance increase? It says up to 5%​, so even if you got all the way to 5% increase that would be like 1-2 frame at the most :p

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Well Mortarion, first of all no one yet delivered a set of comparisons of benchmark in Rome 2 with the new and the old driver except me. For me the driver did not positively affect the performance.
    We need to accept that this is not object of the changelog. They specifically said they improved up to 5% peformance on 700er series cards, which I don't have.

I hope that a friend of mine which is technically reliable enough to run 2 benchmarks with same settings and no mods can deliver the pending comparison we need on the example of a 770 GTX.

btw: 5% can be much if you have 100 fps average, which we don't have on the targeted settings in the benchmark, we should see at least +5fps. That is not a bummer but it is a beginning.
    Stay tuned.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

At least it's a start and Nividia can only improve on this now!

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Default NEW NVIDIA DRIVER 335.23

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/..._download.html I HAVE NOT TESTED IT WITH ANYTHING YET ...just a heads up

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast