Thread: Returning Single Rank Fire?

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Default Returning Single Rank Fire?

Made a thread about this in the mod workshop and have yet to get the solution, so I thought I would place a post here in the hopes that Yarkis (or any other TROM3ers) could help me out since it is this mod I am using. I'm trying to return single rank fire to Boshin War units as I feel the kill rates are far too high and every line being able to fire negates the Kneel Fire ability (unless Kneel Fire has some hidden benefit to being activated aside from letting the second rank fire?). I am also trying to return it to Matchlock units (save for the sharpshooters) as I feel it is unhistorical and also negates Rank Fire. I tried removing Skirmish from the units in unit_stats_land but it didn't do anything. Some help would be much appreciated.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Returning Single Rank Fire?

After some testing it seems the only Matchlock unit that has normal fire is the Portugese Tercos. Trying to find out what it is about them that remains unaltered.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Default Re: Returning Single Rank Fire?

Same opinion here. I would love a mini-mod to solve this problem. I like matchlocks and they should be powerful, but not OP like this