View Poll Results: Is DLC At This Time Appropriate?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

32 23.53%
  • No.

104 76.47%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should CA Make/Sell DLC The Way The Game Is Now?

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Should CA Make/Sell DLC The Way The Game Is Now?

Simple question, do you think with the state of the game as it is now CA should be developing and releasing DLC? Or do you feel that right now is not the time for extra add ons?

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Default Re: Should CA Make/Sell DLC The Way The Game Is Now?

No, absolutely not to selling any DLC. It'll be like adding insult to injury. I'm fine if they want to release some FreeLC.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

No, They should add the basic features which we loved from rome 1 back for free and should further optimise the game and fix the dem AI
    Veritas Temporis Filia

While I have nothing against paid DLCs in general, its unwise of CA to release one ATM as their reputation is already at all-time low. Better save it until the game is properly patched and be working.

Dont be hating me but maybe a dlc adding the much needed features to the game for a small price im happy to kick 5 bucks for family tree senate , titles more buildings 2 turns year with seasons etc. I want to see rome 2 live up to its potential and wont mind a small extra cost as well no one likes to work for free lol but put some work into it I guess more optimisation would be good for those struggling, im not and my rig is nothing to special clocked 17 @4.2 ghz gtx 770 4g not clocked.
    Last edited by Soul Firez; October 18, 2013 at 06:56 AM.

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

If they want to sell any blood DLC they should optimise the game for a pc setup or two, I have yet to see a massive battle without lag and Ive tried from multiple computers.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

people needs to be paid then they are working on a game. so yeah then did the last patch for shogun 2 land?

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Of course they may make & sell DLC as much as they wish... it´s their own business, after all.
    I just know that at the moment, as of today, or this week, personally I am not going to buy any DLC.
    Might change later on, or will change, once the game is in better shape. I can take my time.

Should they? Sure, up to them. It's their company, they can sell what they want.
    Should you buy it? If you don't think the game is up to snuff, vote with your wallet and don't buy any. If you enjoy it and are happy with what's on off for the price, jump on in.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Rittsy View Post
    Should they? Sure, up to them. It's their company, they can sell what they want.
    Should you buy it? If you don't think the game is up to snuff, vote with your wallet and don't buy any. If you enjoy it and are happy with what's on off for the price, jump on in.
    The question is not whether they should be allowed to sell DLC. The question is whether its commercially ethical to sell more stuff to add to broken stuff.
    Last edited by Huberto; October 18, 2013 at 07:44 AM.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

They completely lost any sense of decency, its not their fault, but those who will buy any thing for a half made product.

They can but the timing......would be terrible. The game is still barely functional....

Now right some good PR, patches and some darn conversations from the team would be nice...

I'm still waiting on their AI programmer to discuss his thought process and how he plans to fix it. Its ok we don't bite...

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Would vote after testing patch 5 and a concrete feeds of these heavy upgrades promised.

Nothing to complain about free dlc promised. IT was planned (as it was planned this "support" to "complete" the game, 'cause I cannot believe that so professional guys are so ingenuous to release as finished a game still bugged after one month and more).

The fact is, this couldn't be relevant, 'cause what about new units if the mechanics of the game are not yet balanced (in ex: too weak legionaries, too overpowered barbarians, cataphratcs wh knos, one day stronger, the day after too weak; javelin/arrows/pila troubles, armours and defence...).

Good just for taking new pics. But I hope to be silenced by concrete opposite proofs

They can add all the new factions and units they want - it won't make the game any more fun in its current state.

Certainly not. I realise that at their core they are simply a business and are out to make a profit but seriously expecting people to throw more money at a currently flawed/buggy/broken product(at this time) only serves to destroy a developer's credibility and erodes trust with the consumer.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It`s totally wrong to sell anything for Rome 2 at this stage. Free, fine as a compensation. But RTW2 is in MID patching, or rather mid-being completed.

I know some will buy, they can`t resist, but they`ll soon realise the emptiness of it when the game breaks down in the middle of their rip-off blood DLC. It`s wrong because they`re selling an add-on for something that doesn`t work well at all and it`s UNETHICAL because CA KNOW it.

They want money? They should give US money for beta-testing a game that they should`ve beta tested... and for lying to us. Now they want to sell us more rubbish? At this point in time?

It`s a con. A con,

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    Dont be hating me but maybe a dlc adding the much needed features to the game for a small price im happy to kick 5 bucks for family tree senate , titles more buildings 2 turns year with seasons etc. I want to see rome 2 live up to its potential and wont mind a small extra cost as well no one likes to work for free lol but put some work into it I guess more optimisation would be good for those struggling, im not and my rig is nothing to special clocked 17 @4.2 ghz gtx 770 4g not clocked.
    No offense intended, but your line of thinking is exactly why they are about to milk the community for all the features they cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    It`s totally wrong to sell anything for Rome 2 at this stage. Free, fine as a compensation. But RTW2 is in MID patching, or rather mid-being completed.

I know some will buy, they can`t resist, but they`ll soon realise the emptiness of it when the game breaks down in the middle of their rip-off blood DLC. It`s wrong because they`re selling an add-on for something that doesn`t work well at all and it`s UNETHICAL because CA KNOW it.

They want money? They should give US money for beta-testing a game that they should`ve beta tested... and for lying to us. Now they want to sell us more rubbish? At this point in time?

It`s a con. A con,
    I was on the fence, but given the use of Bold, italics, and CAPS, I've been persuaded and decided to defer buying the DLC until a later date.

AlyssaFaden's Avatar Civis

It's funny how a lot of people equate DLC = paid release. A DLC is downloadable content. Effectively every patch we have installed is DLC. The "paid part" is not automatically part of the "DLC," that's a separate question. OP asked if they should work on Downloadable Content. Considering that it could be free (Seleucid) I say yes, why not?

Given DLC is made by a separate team of people then the bug fixing crew, there's no reason they can't work on DLC while that team works on bug-fixing. Just because someone is a game developer, does not mean they are actually good at bug-testing: better leave that to the people who are trained in it. The DLC teams can then focus on their own projects.

Makes sense to me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast