Thread: Since when were Dacians, Thracians and Iberians; Gauls and Schytian and Saramitians; Germanic?

Icon9 Since when were Dacians, Thracians and Iberians; Gauls and Schytian and Saramitians; Germanic?

I seriously hope that CA are going record some new voice lines for the upcoming playable factions, Roxolani warriors shouting "For Germania!" is really immersion breaking...

Default Re: Since when were Dacians, Thracians and Iberians; Gauls and Schytian and Saramitians; Germanic?

That would explain my two Oathsworn warriors recently discussing their plans for a white sausage breakfast after the battle.
    I seriously feared this would indicate a significant downhill trend in French cuisine, but now, I feel better.

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Since when were Dacians, Thracians and Iberians; Gauls and Schytian and Saramitians; Germanic?

I'm sure everyone would agree that they focused a majority of their time on Rome. Then there are dozens, if not hundreds, of historical inaccuracies in the game. But it's a game and they've touted the "historical authenticity, not historical accuracy" line since pre-release.
    Last edited by SPARTAN VI; October 17, 2013 at 12:41 PM.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Pallantides View Post
    Roxolani warriors shouting "For Germania!" is really immersion breaking...
    Even if they were Germanic, they shouldn't shout about 'Germania', since the idea of fighting for a nation was not really developed back then. In any case there was no nation called Germania as far as I know.

Would be cool if they hired a historical consultant.

Would it be more fun? Yes, for me it would.
    Last edited by SirRobin; October 17, 2013 at 12:29 PM.
    The game development business is one of bottomless greed, pitiless cruelty, venal treachery, rampant competition, low politics and boundless personal ambition. New game series are rising, and others are starting their long slide into obscurity and defeat.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

Since the beginning of the game, don't worry DLCs will change them
    Empire II and Medieval III pls