Thread: (Query) Renaming Generals, Characters, Political Parties, etc

Default (Query) Renaming Generals, Characters, Political Parties, etc

Hello,

I know this was possible in Shogun 2 at least (I renamed my Hattori heir name to Hanzo) and I would really like to know if it would be possible in Rome 2 as well. For example, I would like to rename my Suebi political party from Elder Chiefs to well, the Suebi Tribe or something. Same goes with my generals.

In Shogun 2 I would use a tool (I cant find it anywhere! I dont know its name or anything) to open up my save game, find the general in question and just type in a new name.

Could someone please tell me if such a thing is possible in Rome 2 and link me the tool? I would name my newest puppy after your avatar!

Default Re: (Query) Renaming Generals, Characters, Political Parties, etc

The names are pretty complicated

Use EditSF to open your save - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Array-Editing

Find the faction you want to do, it will be under compressed data - campaign_env - campaign model - world - faction array # - faction

Suebi, for example is faction array 11. Click there and find Character_name_allocator.

Under there will be multiple entries. For one name characters, you want the first number. That number will correspond to an entry in local_en_rome2.pack.

You have to use PFM editor to open local_en_rome2.pack - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ESF-save-issue

Inside that pack file, go to text - db - names.loc. The numbers listed there are how you figure out what the number under character name allocator is referring to.

------

To change political party and faction names, look inside that same pack file. text - db - political_parties.loc.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thank you! This is awesome and it works like a charm.

Now all I need to figure out is how to make more political parties, if such a thing is possible. If I could somehow give the Suebi at least three other parties like Rome has and make some work in the political system, that would be great.

Please Can you explain detailed in order to change generals name in my saved game,
    thanks for helpingby the way

What faction are you playing? I can explain it better if I know what faction.

i am playing with rome

1. Download and extract EditSF - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Array-Editing

2. Download and extract PFM editor - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ESF-save-issue

3. Use EditSF to open your save file. In Windows 7, the save games are found under c:\Users\YourLoginName\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\save_games\. The AppData folder is usually hidden, so make sure you have Show Hidden Folders on.

4. Expand out the following trees in the file: CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS - COMPRESSED_DATA - CAMPAIGN_ENV - CAMPAIGN_MODEL - WORLD - FACTION ARRAY - FACTION_ARRAY-0 - FACTION - CHARACTER_ARRAY

5. Under CHARACTER_ARRAY will be listed various CHARACTER_ARRAY-# entries. Choose one and expand it. Select the CHARACTER table. In the second row it will say either general, agent or colonel (colonels are generals who have not been recruited yet). This is the first indication of which character you are looking at. Each character has their own CHARACTER_ARRAY table.

6. In order to find the character you want to edit, you need to expand the tables: CHARACTER_ARRAY-# - CHARACTER - CHARACTER_DETAILS - CHARACTER_NAME - NAMES_BLOCK. There should be multiple NAMES_BLOCK-# entries. These are the character's names. Romans will have 3 names. Under NAMES_BLOCK-# - CAMPAIGN_LOCALISATION look at the number listed after names_name. That number will correspond to an entry in the local_en_rome2.pack file.

7. Use PFM to open the local_en_rome2.pack file. The file is located in your Total War Rome II/data directory.

8. Expand out the tables text - db - names.loc. In names.loc will be a long list of numbers (names_name_#) next to the names themselves. Sort by the left column ("Tag") to make it easier to find the right number. Now, take the number you found in step 6 and find it on this table.

9. By finding the 3 different names from the CHARACTER_NAME - NAMES_BLOCK entries, you can figure out which character you are looking at. Use this method to go through the different characters and find the one you want to change. Like I said above, another way to identify the characters is by the agent, general or colonel tag.

10. Once you find the character you want to change, find the name you want to use in the names.loc file from local_en_rome2.pack. Then, edit their number in CHARACTER_NAME - NAMES_BLOCK - NAMES_BLOCK-# - CAMPAIGN_LOCALISATION. Change the number following names_name_ to the new number you found in the pack file.

11. Save your save file in ESF, it will take a short time to save.

thanks for a detailed answer but still i could not do that sorry, i am using rome 2 with turkish language pack, is that why i could not do he step 8 can you give a screen shot may be , but thanks for helping me anyway,

Ah, ok I do not know how to do this with a non-English version. However, there should be some equivalent file pack that has the names.