Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: The Campaigns Addon (for LotRTW v3.0+)

Default Re: The Campaigns Addon (for LotRTW v3.0+)

Small update for the recently refurbished formation_ai file. This update does a bit more polish to the re-written formations. Just replace the old file.

- file removed - obsolete

Also have been working on a next little version update with includes a handful more minor improvements, a handful of additional units, and one pretty large easter-egg.
    Last edited by CapnDan; September 07, 2020 at 03:12 PM. Reason: - file removed - obsolete

Hey CapnDan!

I was to impatient so I have already made the Silvan Elves from the Hobbit myself already, only their looks are updated though so no stat changes.

I am looking forward to your next update!

Kind regards,

KurdishNomad

Here it is - what should be the definitive version of this small/massively expanded little addon.

Lots of changes/improvements in the last two updates and I've basically run out of items on my wishlist. So, I present to you the Campaigns Addon V2.8.4.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-lord-...n-v2-8-4-fixed

Brief (ish) summary of some of the major recent changes below - a more complete breakdown can be found in the Addon Readme file.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

<<<<<<<<<<< Completed in V2.8.4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Implemented through all Campaigns:
    -Amon Sul and Amon Hen icon locations and functioning custom battle environments
    -Lesser Mumakil added as recruitable mercenaries in South Haradrim regions for Harad
    -Custom battle environments for Umbar settlement

-New spear militia unit for Free Peoples (intermediary unit between townguards and city militias)

-Hobbit Prisoners Unit added for Orkish and Roman factions who conquer the Shire

-Modified the sounds profile for Barbarian cultures unit sounds (Dale, Free Peoples, Dunlendings, and Rohan) - makes for a noticable improvement!

-Last lagging troll issues may have been definitively fixed simply by re-generating texture glips.

-Southrons faction has new strat and battle models and a new bodyguard for non-mumakil riding characters

-Added custom videos for the wonders (Argonas and Elostorion)

<<<<<< Completed in V2.8.2 >>>>>>>>

-Full revision and huge cleanup of AI battle Formations files:
    -most factions now have custom formations geared to lore/faction styles of fighting
    -battle ai should be improved basically across the board now too (and fit faction cultural attitudes)

- Another Notable Addition is to the Sorted Single Line formation (shift+2 to a grouped unit), which now forms up into a solid single line (minimal space between units) - basically a phalanx/shieldwall - very handy.

-Several new custom characters courtesy of GWoodElf (Halabarad, Mardil, Damrod, Hama, and Gamling) and a whole pile of beautifully updated UI elements (buildings, family/achievement cards, and backgrounds).

-New Unit: Thranduil's elite cavalry guard (assigned in all campaigns)

-New Unit: Dunlending Berserkers
    -New Buildings: Dunlending Animal Shrine and Sacred Circle (Morale bonus + training buildings for Warhounds and Berserkers)

-New Unit: Wulf's Warhounds - special bodyguard for Dunlending Great Chieftan Wulf - implemented across all campaigns

-Added a script so the Eye of Sauron (Mordor's only spy unit) respawns like nazgul if/when killed

-Cleaned up the endgame scripts for the Rohan and Gondor campaigns in Return of Numenor - a huge epic final battle or two should now be essentially guaranteed if you follow the ranger's plan

-Anduril now gives a significant bonus to Aragorn (and only Aragorn) versus Sauron!!
    Last edited by CapnDan; September 22, 2020 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Updated DL link

I haven't followed this mod for a period, did you manage to fix the trolls? I know there is a sprite fix but I mean fixed as in the models working.

Quote Originally Posted by KurdishNomad View Post
    I haven't followed this mod for a period, did you manage to fix the trolls? I know there is a sprite fix but I mean fixed as in the models working.
    Yes actually! This newest release has sprites enabled for the trolls and also modified sprite draw distances so the sprites are hardly even noticable. More importantly though, is that all four sets of troll textures have been re-generated with their mip maps fixed - which seems to have solved the infinite vertex problems.

Now that I'm confident the mod is reasonably complete I've finally started updating the ModDB page. First in those updates, is this shiny new (and hopefully accessible to everybody, regardless of geography) download link (previous links in this thread have also been updated).
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-lord-...n-v2-8-4-fixed

I might also like to write up a little article/update for the mod and post it here and on ModDB. Something that will act as an 'all-at-once' general introduction/resource for the sake of accessibility. This mod does depart fairly drastically in some cases from what's typical in the RTW engine (detailed RPG systems, totally possible in most campaigns to be legitimately beaten by the AI, etc.). So, I thought it might be useful for new players (and possible old one too!) to produce a little explainer.

To that end, if anybody's got thoughts, suggestions, annecdotes from their first experiences with the mod, or, even better, a handful of good screenshots - those would be most welcome!
    Last edited by CapnDan; September 22, 2020 at 10:06 AM.

Would it be possible to add my units as an optional 'mod' in your addon? Some people have asked me if I could rerelease my Mirkwood Elves based on your addon.

Already in the current release, hidden away at the top tier buildings for the Mirkwood elves, are these guys:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0009.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	362687 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0012.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	160.9 KB 
ID:	362686

The GWoodElf has also done up this re-texture based on the elves of the Hobbit films that I'll likely try and sneak in, or possibly include as an optional sub-mod on next release (whenever that happens).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	619.9 KB 
ID:	362685

KurdishNomad - I'll PM you about addon/sub-modding.

I'm glad to see there is a new update. Downloaded.
    I still play multiplayer from time to time, but I'd like to start a campaign someday. If I find time to play again, I'll test your latest version.
    If someone is interested to play online, let me know, by pm here, or in steam (there is a group named "Lord of the Rings Total War for Rome Total War". I'm Bardo there too)

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thanks for the release @CapnDan, i really like your addons to this Epic mod.

@Wlesmana we miss you man if you could only see what your baby has become along with Bardo and ofcourse the rest of the team.

I still remember the old blue site for this mod, those were the days.

Where do I recruit the Blackroot Vale Archers? There doesn't seem to be a barracks or building to access them at least at campaign start in Erech.

Quote Originally Posted by messenger View Post
    Where do I recruit the Blackroot Vale Archers? There doesn't seem to be a barracks or building to access them at least at campaign start in Erech.
    I believe they are mercenaries with a medium-long-ish refresh time in the Western half of Gondor regions.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnDan View Post
    I believe they are mercenaries with a medium-long-ish refresh time in the Western half of Gondor regions.
    Ok thanks! I'll check it out, maybe I'll add them as an AOR unit in addition.

Sorry for the double post, I decided to just add Blackroot as an AOR unit for Gondor then share it here.
    If anyone else wants to use it just extract and copy the "alexander" folder to your N:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander folder

It is only built in Erech in the militia barracks and gains an experience point for each barracks upgrade.
    You may need to delete the map.rwm from the Alexander campaign folder for it to work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

My game crash when I starting the Rohan War of the Ring campaign. One character joining the settlement right after fading out of the loading screen and then game crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartaen View Post
    My game crash when I starting the Rohan War of the Ring campaign. One character joining the settlement right after fading out of the loading screen and then game crash.
    So, based on this pretty limited amount of information my first guess would be installation issues.

Have a look at this thread: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ac-Windows-10)

Be sure to follow steps carefully and remember that the various sub-mods mostly are not compatible with each other - so if you've installed more than one sub mod at a time there's a good chance that could cause a crash.

I have Win7 and installed mod by putting everything from "LOTRTW_PACK_v3.02" into RTW folder the only sub-mod I enabled is Campaign Addon v2.8.4., using a bat launcher to play a mod. When I started Free People's War of The Ring campaign - everything worked fine. When I started Gondor campaign - everything fine. But with Rohan campaign I am crashing.

Seems like I fixed it somehow myself. I disabled Campaign Addon by "disable all mods" meanwhile it was the only sub-mod in activated mods list in JSGME and enabled it again, now its not crashing anymore.

May I ask, Weathertop ruins are not existing in custom battle map, only hill where it should be. I had this problem in previous versions of Campaign Addon and it seems like a normal situation... Is it ok?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112