Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Campaigns Addon (for LotRTW v3.0+)

Default Re: LotR-TW Campaigns Addon V2.6 (for v3.0)

Well...I found it on moddb and I decided to play provincial campaign with numenor as Noldor Elf (Lindon realm in fact) but I don't like general unit: Imladhrim elite sentinels
    I think it should be different unit because Rinvendell isn't part of my realm. Is there any way to change it? Maybe for Mithlond sentinels.

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

New link,please! Old link don't work!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fresco View Post
    New link,please! Old link don't work!!
    Alright, try this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Imb...ew?usp=sharing

It's the link to the recently packaged V2.8beta.
    Last edited by CapnDan; January 04, 2019 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orondak View Post
    Well...I found it on moddb and I decided to play provincial campaign with numenor as Noldor Elf (Lindon realm in fact) but I don't like general unit: Imladhrim elite sentinels
    I think it should be different unit because Rinvendell isn't part of my realm. Is there any way to change it? Maybe for Mithlond sentinels.
    Hey Orondak, in case you're still lurking around waiting for an answer, absolutely yes this can be changed and it's really quite straightforward. Here's the guide I'd initially used to get started: http://rtw.heavengames.com/rtw/mods/...on/index.shtml

How do I mod the stuff in Return of Numenor to let the NUmenoreans build more Numenorean type buildings and settlements? I want this for a submod I am sharing with some friends.

Also so I can restore Arnor/have Numenorean buildings fully built up over Eriador.

Quote Originally Posted by Widowmaker94 View Post
    How do I mod the stuff in Return of Numenor to let the NUmenoreans build more Numenorean type buildings and settlements? I want this for a submod I am sharing with some friends.

Also so I can restore Arnor/have Numenorean buildings fully built up over Eriador.
    Well that depends, would you like the faction to simply use the settlement and building sets which already exist for Gondor? In that case, and if you're looking for a quick n dirty implementation, then probably just needs changing the faction culture (in descr_sm_factions). This simple change won't be perfect though, and might be buggy, a full change would take a bit more work.

Otherwise, if you're looking to implement your own buildings or settlement plans then you've chosen to take on a significant project and I'd love to be included in seeing what the results look like!

As for a place to start on that project, I've pasted a link below which I've relied on as a solid base resource, and then searching online and the forums for any more specific needs.
    Here's the link: http://rtw.heavengames.com/rtw/mods/...tw/index.shtml

Good luck!

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

FOR GOONDOOOR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Halvar von Flake View Post

FOR GOONDOOOR!!!
    Oh, it's hardly a dead horse, the work continues but at a Veery leisurely pace.

Currently in the pipeline for Campaigns Addon V2.8 - Final (new additions since the current 2.8 beta release)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

<<<<<<<<<< Done to V2.8 Final: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-Completed removing light_spear attribute from units (supposed to have been removed ages ago) added/replaced with higher bonuses vs cav for units with spears or longer reach weapons (big axes and such)
    -Standard bonuses: +6 militia, +10 Heavy
    -Spear units can also hold their own now against regular infantry, however they have relatively low attack - good at holding a line but probably won't win a battle all on their own - particularly against swordsmen

-Verify and updatated main campaign scripts

-Lurtz (Isengard) Campaign unit upgraded (special unit)

-Removed unnecessary duplicated units in EDU (campaign/MP)

-'blacksmith' added back into the scripting for defense of Helm's deep in main campaign - some bonuses plus it should mean the galahadrim elves will only reinforce one time now

-Nerfed Dale Militia - was out of line with similar units and likely the reason why Dale was so over-powered in strat map - balanced by boosted DragonKnights which incidentally are rather more fun to play now

-adjusted Easterlings units slightly - much more satisfying to play as and against now (Red Dragons in particular finally makes sense along with the unit look and descriptions)
    -Also adjusted Easterlings (AI) so it should be more of an actual threat and challenge which seems to have worked

-(Numenor Campaign) Southrons starting position too tough so adjusted starting settlement buildings and starting armies - still tough but more reasonable

-Orc units mostly use 'untrained' level of tidyness in formations - really looks surprisingly better

-Updated dwarven Mines and Mines +1 buildings text descriptions

-Fixed announcement text for noldor return

-made efforts to remove mentions of "urukhai_standard_b" from EDU as it is simply a duplicate of the urukhai_standard - left entry in DMB for now though

-added light horses to Rhunaer region

-'Ruins' buildings are now worth a small cash bonus when destroyed - returns a little bit of the shorter-term financial incentive to conquering a region

-Removed random potential for invincible Sauron - it's all tied to Dol_Guldur now

-Various other (20+) minor clean-up, minor bugs, etc.

Nice to hear this! Congratulations for 2.8!!!

Since, I play LotR-TW campaigns on Steam (Win10) I suffer from CTDs probably caused by trolls. I copied Bardo's descrip_mount.txt into my data folder but it didn't help, unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by Halvar von Flake View Post
    Nice to hear this! Congratulations for 2.8!!!

Since, I play LotR-TW campaigns on Steam (Win10) I suffer from CTDs probably caused by trolls. I copied Bardo's descrip_mount.txt into my data folder but it didn't help, unfortunately...
    Well that's unfortunate - I don't use Win10 but from what I understand it does add a whole host of random new troubles trying to run RTW - and possibly worse with steam. Pretty sure there's a thread for that around somewhere. Oh, and also Bardo updated the "how to run" instructions with the newest 'all in one' release - maybe that might help?

The already out (since quite a long time) Campaigns Addon 2.8 beta (link is above and I'll paste it below again) also incorporates bardo's Trolls fix and does so with the double check that the changes definitely don't conflict with the Addon.

Link again to the 2.8 beta is here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Imb...dA9Y0TqGw/view

Thanks for help! I guess will get myself a second computer (XP or win7) without steam and internet only for my old TW-installations during the next weeks or months. Since **g win10 and steam I have problems with all my old mods...
    Last edited by Halvar von Flake; July 13, 2019 at 06:15 AM.

Well, in case anybody still follows this positively ancient thread, I went ahead and finished the Addon over the weekend.

Download link is here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y41...ew?usp=sharing

The OP is also updated and the last changes since the 2.8 beta are in the spoiler link below.

As long as there aren't any unforseen errors in the upload this should be the final and complete version of the Addon - there's not really anything more I could possibly conceive to add at this point.

New to V2.8 Final:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

<<<<<<<<<< New to V2.8 Final: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-'Ruins' buildings are now worth a small cash bonus when destroyed - returns a little bit of the shorter-term financial incentive to conquering a region (looting and such)

-Added scripted campaign ending option for Numenor faction Numenor Campaign:
    -If a Numenor player captures and holds the two camps outside the Black Gates for a handful of turns, it will summon Sauron to the area.

-Mordor faction is now auto-killed only after Baraddur tower is destroyed (Main campaign and Numenor)

-Completed removing the light_spear attribute from units (was supposed to have been removed ages ago) added/replaced with higher bonuses vs cav for units with spears and/or longer reach
    -Standard bonuses: +6 militia, +10 Heavy
    -Spear units are also better now against regular infantry, however they have relatively low attack so, they are good at holding a line but probably won't win a battle all on their own - particularly versus swordsmen.

-Lurtz (Isengard) Campaign unit upgraded - for survivability if playing as Isengard

-Nerfed Dale Militia - was out of line with similar units and likely the reason why Dale was so over-powered in strat map - balanced with boosted DragonKnights

-Minor adjustments to Easterlings units values - makes a surprising difference though, much more satisfying to play as and against now. Basically they better fit with their descriptions and appearance
    -Easterlings AI adjusted and should now be more of an actual threat and challenge now

-Added light horses to Rhunaer region

-(Numenor Campaign) Southrons starting position was too tough - adjusted starting settlement buildings and starting armies - still tough but more reasonable

-Orc units mostly use 'untrained' level of tidyness in formations - looks much better/more appropriate

-Updated campaign descriptions

-Removed unnecessary duplicated units in EDU (campaign/MP)
    -also made efforts to remove mentions of "urukhai_standard_b" from EDU as it is simply a duplicate of the urukhai_standard - left in DMB for now though just in case

-Updated dwarven Mines and Mines +1 text descriptions

-Removed 'roads' resource from North Ilitien (Henneth Annun)

-Fixed announcement text for noldor return

-Verify and updatated main campaign scripts

-'blacksmith' added back into the scripting for defense of Helm's deep in main campaign - some bonuses plus it should mean the galahadrim elves will only reinforce one time now

-various minor bugfixes

Default Re: Campaigns Addon V2.8-Final (for LotRTW v3.0+)

Ye. Fantastic. Looking forward to playing this new update.

Currently finishing up my last pre-2.8 campaign in ReturnofNumenor as Gondor.

It's been slow going but as of turn 84 I've managed to build up enough and weather the storm of Harad and Mordor and even a few Isengard attacks.

Mordor is still around as I lacked an army good enough to actually think of tackling Sauron while keeping my lands safe when the script message came up. So that opportunity had to be scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Widowmaker94 View Post
    Currently finishing up my last pre-2.8 campaign in ReturnofNumenor as Gondor.

It's been slow going but as of turn 84 I've managed to build up enough and weather the storm of Harad and Mordor and even a few Isengard attacks.

Mordor is still around as I lacked an army good enough to actually think of tackling Sauron while keeping my lands safe when the script message came up. So that opportunity had to be scrapped.
    Which scripted message? (Victory, Rangers mission failed, or option to attack Sauron?)

Sounds like it was a reasonably challenging campaign though otherwise, which is good!

Soo, just in the odd chance that anybody still checks this. I've been updating the Campaigns Addon again and am almost ready to release an update. Briefly some of the major items include:

-Sorted out the draw distances for the new troll sprites - they're hardly even noticable now
    -Various small improvements to text, unit formations and the like
    -Added in a handful of new units (Thranduil's special mounted bodyguard, Dunlending Berserkers, and Wulf's Warhounds special unit for Dunlending High Chieftan Wulf - also two new religious temple buildings for Dulendings to train Berserkers and Warhounds)
    -various scripting and text cleanups

-Aand did a major review of campaign and battle AI. The battle AI in particular was not as complicated as I'd thought it would be and resulted in some pretty significant improvements.

I wonder if anyone else who's been playing the current release has noticed things which could be improved for this (possibly actually final) version? (aside from any changes to settlement sets or pathfinding which I unfortunately have no capacity to modify)

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Nice job, makes me want to break out my copy of RTW again
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

New version up!

https://www116.zippyshare.com/v/JBPTkqDC/file.html
    (just click the big 'download now' button - ad-blocker recommended I think)

I'd be really keen to have playtest feedback of the main campaign and any (or all) of the provincial campaigns. Just post up a comment, or send a PM, or make an after-action, or whatever else! (long as faction and specific campaign are noted). I'd like to pack up a reasonably definitive version in the next few months and then finally update the long-neglected ModDB page.

Major additional highlights in this version include:

-Campaign Sauron rebalanced to be slightly less vulnreble to missiles, slightly more vulnreble to melee AND Aragorn weilding Anduril is finally coded to have a major bonus fighting Sauron (may actually be the best way to take him down)!

-Two new temple buildings for Dunlendings and a new unit - fearsome dunlending berserkers!

-Various scripting improvements AND a new script for Eye of Sauron so he respawns like the nazgul

-An Umbar custom settlement is now implemented and present in all campaigns

-Various UI improvements and custom characters courtesy of GWoodElf

-Complete overhaul of player and AI formations.
    Each faction now has their own distinctive formations and resulting playstyles. This also corrected numerous small bugs and irregularities in the battle AI.
    -->This last bit is quite large and represents to major changes in some areas - feedback would be much appreciated!
    --->Another Notable Addition: Sorted single line formation (shift+2 to a grouped unit) now forms up into a solid single line (minimal space between units) - basically a phalanx/shieldwall. I happen to find it pretty useful.

-Gave the Mumakil units some attention - Greater and Lesser Mumaks now look and act differently - also set the Mumak driver in the driver's seat position.

-And also includes the usual various progressive bug tweaks fixes.

hello CapnDan, nice to see the patches continue, is there any chance of seeing the elves from the hobbit movie? I know they're already in it but it would be cool if they'd also look like the ones in the hobbit movies.

kind regards,

KurdishNomad

Quote Originally Posted by KurdishNomad View Post
    hello CapnDan, nice to see the patches continue, is there any chance of seeing the elves from the hobbit movie? I know they're already in it but it would be cool if they'd also look like the ones in the hobbit movies.

kind regards,

KurdishNomad
    Maybe a little bit actually. Thranduil does have a new mounted bodyguard in the campaigns in the newest version.
    Otherwise, the Silvan elves from the Hobbit movies, if I remember correctly, they're not very different from the high noldor units currently in the mod, am I right? That makes me think that a small sub-mod would not be very difficult to put together if one were just to re-skin the existing noldor units. Actually, come to think of it, I may even have access to a set of textures that could work.

hmm.... you know what, at first my thought was "no way, the silvan faction is already special, no changes!!"
    But, after thinking about it this may be totally feasible and could be a nice addition to the mod.

How about this: the Silvan elves remain as they are for all their basic units - at least partly because it fits the story written for the mod, and I think the base lore it's all based on too (Silvan elves are somewhat in decline in terms of 'tech' and kind of 'getting back to the forest' sort of thing). But, maybe through some re-sorted recruitment and a new building or two, it could be possible to train up, after long investment of time and money, these epic powerful units of old.

What do you think?