Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the New "OSCAR" Sub-mod Compilation Project

Default Re: Introducing the New "OSCAR" Sub-mod Compilation Project

Is it possible Admiral Thrawn's new Angmar mod will be in OSCAR

Hello there. So you can "unify" Gondor(AOR Units), can you also re-unite Arnor? Perhaps for the dwarves, you can an event, for when Erebor becomes strong again (it can own between 5-10 provinces, including Dains Halls and Gundabad), they get the option to launch a force from Erebor to Khazad-Dum, and this will unveil a whole host of new units and building and events. For example, Once Khazad-Dum is re-claimed, you get the eoption to rebuild the Dwarven forges, which produce the highest tier armor, but the event will be expensive. Also, you can rebuild the gates and bridges, vastly improving trade, and unveiling new units, such as a standardaized "bodyguard" strength unit, which will have good attack, but be expensive. After taking Khazad-Dum, and holding it for 20 turns, you can also get the event to colonize the "Glittering Caves", which will improve the Kings Purse, or you can make the glittering caves an actual location. The units would be Khazad-Dum Reclaimers, another Spearman unit, and a unit made of veterans from the orc-dwarf war.

Also, could you put in this mod by SPice Master for Dale? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-1-0-Released!
    It just gives Dale extra units with some provinces that it captures, however you would have to do some map changes, but I think it would be cool. You could also change the Dale flag to a RHovanion flag? There has to be one somewhere.

Well, those are my ideas. Good luck!

Have you guys through in a future update to include some elements of Spice masters mod?
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

@ Jedi7000: Mmmm, that is highly unlikely at this point...mainly due to the fact that both mods in question are pre-release.

@ bigeato: Yes, you will be able to re-unite both Gondor and Arnor in OSCAR's first release. Interesting idea about the dwarves...I loved the DaC Khazad-dum faction, so maybe we could add a gameplay feature similiar to that for Erebor and Balin for OSCAR. I'll give quite a lot of thought about adding something special for the dwarves...they definitely deserve some attention. Also, many of Spice Masters mods (including Heirs of Rhovanion) will be included in OSCAR, though his unique new units won't make it in until the Auxilary Unit Pack. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas bigeato, they are very much appreciated!

@Ichigorukia: You bet we'll be including features from Spice's mods! There will be plenty of script features from Spice's work included in the first release of OSCAR, with hopefully many of his units included in the Auxilary Unit Pack.

Question will there be a version for Spice-Masters map as well because I like his map better the DAC map, it is bigger and much more in depth

Senator

That will be too much work, sadly.

progress? I am anticipating this mod and I already have a seperrate vanilla copy for it labeled Third_Age_OSCAR
    Last edited by jedi7000nathan; January 17, 2014 at 03:45 PM.

Saitouakira's Avatar Civis

i just found this today and i got to say it looks quite promising i cant wait to play this^^(or get horribly frustrated by not having enough time to play it xD)

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Quote Originally Posted by jedi7000nathan View Post
    progress? I am anticipating this mod and I already have a seperrate vanilla copy for it labeled Third_Age_OSCAR
    I guess progress everytimes goes well just there are some things those couldn't be noticed or maybe previewed or maybe creators wanna hold it in secret such as surprise.
    If you learnt Philosophy you must know even a regress is a progress

Is there any way you'd be able to release a version supporting DaC itself?

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

No. See the question and answers here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13470439

Wow this looks like its gunna be insanely awesome cant wait to play. keep up the great work.

Thanks for the continued interest one and all! The good news is that with the release of FireFreak's new DaC 2.1 map we're now full steam ahead on this project as we have our finalized map.

On the subject of listing our full list of possible mods, I've decided to hold off on posting one massive catalog to the main post since there is a good chance not ALL of the available content will be added (especially for our very first release). Instead, I'll be creating a "currently added" section where you will be able to see what mods we have already added and keep track of what features are taking shape within OSCAR.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

How will the secret forest trails work with the new map, pls?

Leave it to you to ask the hard questions paradamed!

In all honesty the secret forest trails are still a feature With and I are working out. We're not 100% sure that just having nodes placed for quicktravel down Mirkwood would be a good idea, but we would both like to see some form of the mod in action so we'll be sure to make a special post once we settle on something. If you have any suggestions let us know!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

The quicktravel idea sounds good. What about adding a similar feature for dwarves walking through the mountains in the North?

HelloI've been away from these forums for a long time. How is work progressing guys for this awesome mod?

I'm looking at this with much interest.

Thanks for doing it, biggest thanks to all moders whose work will be included and good luck!

Any news on this? Can't wait to play it when its finished

Hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around lately, I posted a warning of my absence in the developers forum but forgot to also post it here. My apologies.

As for the OSCAR project, I have both good and bad news. The bad news is that it is going to take me a whole lot longer to pull this mod together, basically because of a large change (for the better) in my RL commitments. The silver lining is that I haven't given up on the project, and still add slowly to it every week. It is currently only a shadow of what it will one day become, but I do have the small list of mods I've fully added as of now and will post it below. I had to start from the ground up with the release of FireFreak's latest map, which is in part why the list is still rather small (having to merge FROME again wasn't fun, and I just got finished with it). I'll will try and check back to the forums at least once a week to keep an eye on things, but for the time being I won't be around nearly as much as I have been in the past. Don't forget about OSCAR, as little by little it is taking shape.

Mods added so far:

-FireFreak's most recent map (2.1)
    -Silver Menu Mod by Hereje
    -Cursors by wes471 (then edited by Mank)
    -Improved Building Cards by Fozzie
    -Total Effect Points Info by Withwnar
    -New Boromir Pic by Taro_M
    -Event Pics 1.1 by Ngugi
    -FROME by Koultras

Other Changes:

Thanks again for the continued interest guys, it is really nice to check back and see that people are still interested.
    Last edited by Mank; April 30, 2014 at 09:12 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast