Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the New "OSCAR" Sub-mod Compilation Project

Deathcake's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Introducing the New "OSCAR" Sub-mod Compilation Project

Thanks as always Ngugi

edit; yes clearly the idea I had about what they were and how they were used was waaaay off
    I thought they were roads like normal roads built from cities, but the road was only visible/usable to elf factions. Way wrong hehe
    Last edited by Deathcake; December 22, 2013 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mank View Post
    Hi there Jacob,

We've just been discussing this very issue in the developer's forum, so I'm happy to say I'll be able to update you on our current status. Over the next few weeks I'll be slowly porting over the current OSCAR patch to the new 2.0 map. After that we'll see where we stand, as Leo's patch is soon to be released and after that hopefully FireFreak will include much of that in his 2.1 patch.

The last ballpark date for OSCAR's release is now totally canned I'm afraid. This setback is mostly due to the fact that I've been offered a substantial job promotion at work (a blessing and a curse, as I now have very little time to mod). Withwnar and I both feel like once FireFreak's 2.1 patch is out we'll put our foot down and say "this is the version of the map we'll use" and start script porting after that. This last leg of waiting will also help Withwnar/ Ngugi finish up their work on DCI- Last Alliance and Araval finish his next update to FRoGS.

I know that this isn't the most exciting of news, but take heart, as this project is still very dear to all our hearts and WILL be released as soon as we can.
    Thanks for the info Mank!
    Congratulations for your promotion
    and i will keep an eye on this awesome submod compilation I am looking forward to the release and i think OSCAR is going to be amazing just like DCI
    Thank you guys for making this incredibly amazing submod

Quick Question Mank when you say you are using Spice Masters faction enhancing mod will you be adding the scripts such as Unite the Clans, Heirs of Rhovanion and Oaths and Deeds packs too because they are still around under mediafire just not in the current release of his pack because he is on hiatus but means to add them in future

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

Aaaah good question!

Well I can say for sure that I am planning on adding some of the new units from those mods into the "OSCAR Unit Auxilary Pack." There are TONS of really great scripts we have available to use, so we'll be trying hard to strike a good balance between features and end-turn time. Short answer is that I'm not quite sure if ALL of Spice's work will make it into OSCAR's first release, but we will certianly be featuring as much of it as we can (I personally love the RPG elements).

Quote Originally Posted by Mank View Post
    Aaaah good question!

Well I can say for sure that I am planning on adding some of the new units from those mods into the "OSCAR Unit Auxilary Pack." There are TONS of really great scripts we have available to use, so we'll be trying hard to strike a good balance between features and end-turn time. Short answer is that I'm not quite sure if ALL of Spice's work will make it into OSCAR's first release, but we will certianly be featuring as much of it as we can (I personally love the RPG elements).
    Thanks for the reply I have seen his old mods and personally I think they are as good an improvement as your Barrow-Down mod

Hey are there going to be Tal Achorns in this

You bet they are! The bulk of Withwnar & Ngugi's mods will be included in OSCAR.

oeh will there be a reunited kingdom as well?

Actually, I HAD made plans to create a new "Numenor Reborn" script to bolster the "Gondor's Former Glory" pack, but from where I'm sitting right now I can't even begin to see when I would have time to make it. If nothing else, Reunited Kingdom is open source and therefore welcome to be added to OSCAR by anyone who would wish to play it. I don't think we had planned on including it in the initial release, but if there is huge demand for it I'm sure we could reconsider.

I would love to see the RK in it as wel. I tried adding it to mos myself but i've failed so far.

Numenor reborn what was that exactly Mank? incediently I have had issues adding the RK to MOS as well not to get off topic just saying

Quote Originally Posted by jedi7000nathan View Post
    Numenor reborn what was that exactly Mank? incediently I have had issues adding the RK to MOS as well not to get off topic just saying
    Well it was going to be a second part to the "Reunified Gondor" script. The core idea is the same as all 're-unification' scripts: fulfill these requirements and unify. BUT I wanted to add a whole lot of other features to "Numenor Reborn" like RPG elements, unique events (raids, bonuses for upgrading or restoring ancient landmarks etc.) and having unique AOR rosters for the Arnor and Gondor regions available once they were reunited just to name a few. Needless to say it would be a massive enterprise of a mod, but hopefully I'll have time to do it one day.

For now we'll be sure to keep the "Reunited Kingdom" mod in-play as a possible mod for our initial release!

Hey Mank will custom models for the faction leaders be in this like the one for the Haradrim king Khazamayah in the Evil Factions Reskin 0.3.1 by Brevi
    Last edited by jedi7000nathan; December 30, 2013 at 04:08 PM.

I've actually tried to get a hold of Brevi to ask about those, and he has yet to respond. So far the answer is no, but hopefully he'll get back to me before the first release is ready to go.

Question I have read the settlement list for the Gondor's former Glory mod, Mank doesn't the DAC map throw off the settlement requirement as a good number aren't on the map such as Erelond and the settlement of Gobel-Ancalimon replaces Hyarman as Harad's capital

No worries, all settlement requirements/ events will be updated for FireFreak's new map.

So how is progress going, can we have the first post updated with the features that you have gotten permission for since the mod's annoncement

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Mank, if you want to contact with Brevi ask JMonstra, he gave me Brevi's web site and Brevi visits that site every day. I'm already got permission from him.

croater's Avatar Foederatus

Hi, i read the first post, the features that will be in submod and i can say that all of them are more than good, i see that Gondor will be really awesome campaign.
    I have only one question for now, can i expect new dwarven units, like those in The Hobbit movie, and will the Misty mountain orcs get Black Uruks unit?
    O, and this submod will be really epic so just keep going!

@jedi7000: There's just a few mods left that I'm trying to get permissions for now, and after that's done I'll post the "Master List" so people can see the scope of what we're working with! Probably 1 or 2 weeks until the list gets posted (that will probably be my next 'big' post/ update for OSCAR. As I mentioned above progress is relatively slow at the moment).

@Jox: Thanks for the tip, that's really great news. I'll be sure to shoot JMonstra a PM and ask him more about it.

@Croater: Well, if you've never played with Ered-Luin that's a whole new roster of Dwarven units to enjoy. As far as additional new dwarven units are concerned, no additional ones will be added to the core OSCAR release, but a few additional ones might make their way into the Auxiliary Unit Pack I'll release afterward. Similarly, OotMM will be receiving a HUGE roster upgrade with my Auxiliary Unit Pack, but again will not get any new units upon OSCARS initial release. Thanks for the well wishes, we're certainly still chugging away at it!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast