Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the New "OSCAR" Sub-mod Compilation Project

Default Re: Introducing the New "OSCAR" Sub-mod Compilation Project

This is great, thanks for your work.. can't wait to play it!

Will you include http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...view-31-10-%29 ?

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

Hi Jedi21, thanks and welcome to the forum!

I would certianly like to include it, though as far as I know nobody on the team has asked SuperAnt yet. I was personally waiting to see if he was going to be making an initial release before making an inquiry, but keep your fingers crossed because I'd also like to see his mod included in OSCAR.

If he's willing to let us include it we'll be sure to add it to one of the future 2d previews, so be sure to check the thread every once and awhile and hopefully you'll see it!

here is hope you throw in the immortal heroes and Nazgul mod, it is so anti-lore that when they die they are gone permanently also can we expect Wainriders for the Easterlings

Yes on both counts jedi7000nathan.

The immortal heroes/ nazgul are a very simple thing to script and will be available for OSCAR. The Wainriders will be included from fightermedic's sub-mod: AOR 2.3 in the OSCAR Auxillary Unit Pack, and you can see a preview of them in the "units" section of the AOR post!

I heartily endorse the concept of this mod. Please feel free to use anything I have published or will in the future.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Thanks Spice Master.

Senator

Could my culture tweak be given a tiny spot in this awesome compilation?

Hi Tank,

I was actually meaning to ask if you'd be ok with us using your mod for OSCAR, so the answer is: yes!

I've been massively busy with work recently so I actually haven't had time to play it in-game yet (though I love the concept you lay out in the main thread). I'll hopefully have some time this weekend to get back to the project, and I'll be sure to add your mod to the top of the list of things to check out/ add to the OSCAR suite.

Thanks so much for offering to share it Tank!

Seijika-san's Avatar Laetus

Everything looks great so far but I was just wondering if there are any plans to add stuff for FPoE/Arnor in the future?

Well let's see...

So far for Arnor/ Eriador we have:

- Arnor Armour Upgrades by Emporor of Hell
    - All Arnor units from Agostinos' AUM 3.0 mod. (this will be part of the seperate unit auxillary pack)
    - The 'Full Arnor Re-Emergence" feature by Zack Fair
    - Some collection of Dea Paladin's Additional Units v1.6 (more of these will probably go to Eriador, also part of the unit auxillary pack)

If you know of any other Arnor/ Eriador mods you'd like to see, feel free to ask about them!

Seijika-san's Avatar Laetus

I'm not sure if it counts as an Arnor/Eriador mod but how about the Reunited Kingdom mod?

I don't think we're planning on adding in the Reunited Kingdom mod to the base OSCAR pack, but I believe Jox has made his mod open source (hooray!) so it wouldn't be very hard to make a verson for OSCAR once it is released.

Senator

In the next version of my mod, I am adding 3 units to gondor recruitable in desert regions. Any chance for them to be added to the auxiliary pack?

Perhaps. Right now I believe we have so many units that we'll have well over the 500 unit limit to work with, so priority 1 for the auxilary pack will be to spread out the slots with new units for each faction. If there are any spaces left over after balancing other factions then we might be able to give Gondor a couple extra.

Seijika-san: If all the units from my Angmar mod are in here, that would include several for Eriador/Arnor.

Any news of this exciting submod?

Ungoliath's Avatar Laetus

I am looking forward to this sub-mod, it has many nice aspects.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

This looks like a very promising project to me. Although my first thougt was: Why start this when we already have something like MOS? It seemed to split the efforts of a fine group of modders.
    However once I realized your main goal is to create a great resource for everybody's modding activities, it all made much more sense to me.
    Upon reading further I noted that there are also some notable differences to MOS in the intended Campaign game play. I am especially enthusiastic about the intention to lessen the "evil faction steamroll effect" that tends to ruin long lasting, Turtle style MOS campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mank View Post
    The main developers of OSCAR are Mank and Withwnar, and as such OSCAR will feature custom content from both our older works as well as new material! Our team also includes Messers Araval and Ngugi, both veteran modders who have provided huge contributions to the creation of this mod.
    Plese feel free to ask any questions, provide feedback, or offer content that you would like to see added to this compilation below!
    OSCAR is a good Acronym as it is easy to remember. I don't think though that there is a category for best submod collection resource for a mod for an almost ancient PC game.

I was a bit shocked however when I started looking for the meaning of the word "Messers". I finally found something in the "Urban Dictionary" but I don't dare writing what I read there in this post. In fact I'm not even comfortable with providing a link. Ngugi is a moderator after all and he constantly shows us he has "THE POWER".

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Yes the intent with OSCAR is to provide a platform for modders, an admirable endevoure which hopefully will help TATW modding and M2 modding in general vital

Not quite sure what you mean but least here on TWC there's categories it would fit, in the yearly (and currently ongoing) TWC awards: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...al-2-Total-War

Messer mean 'master' or 'sir', but I assume your source provided anther meaning hehe.
    Now now, I only summon 'the power' when I close threads, not otherwise

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by lukaszcbc View Post
    Any news of this exciting submod?
    You bet there is news! So far we've added in the follwing mods/ features:

-FROME factions and updated Silvan Roster
    -Removed EDB stack spam for AI (EDB)
    -Added Araval's new banners from FRoGS
    -Added Mhaedros' Dwarven AOR units
    -Added Araval's three new unit cards for Mhaedros' AOR
    -Taro_M's Gondor Units
    -Taro_M's Boromir Pic
    -1 unit from Squeaks
    -new gondor UI
    -New splash and loading screen border
    -Araval's new loading screens from FRoGS
    -Withwnar's Trait Total Effect Points
    -Hereje's Silver Menu
    -Fozzie's Improved Unit Cards
    -Content from Director's Cut for Gondor
    -Kilic Ali's new stratmap models from RoTK
    -Dale Armour Upgrades
    -Arnor Armour Upgrades
    -High Elf content from Director's Cut

There's still TONS of stuff to add before OSCAR is released though, but almost everything is on hold now until FireFreak releases the next version of his map. Also, David93 was kind enough to give us the OK to use any of his content from FRoGS, so if you like FRoGS you'll be happy to know that we'll be adding features from it into OSCAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    I am looking forward to this sub-mod, it has many nice aspects.
    Thanks Ungoliath, and welcome to the TWC forums! Now that you're a member here please feel free to share any ideas you might have for improving TATW, as this is a community effort!

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    This looks like a very promising project to me. Although my first thougt was: Why start this when we already have something like MOS? It seemed to split the efforts of a fine group of modders.
    However once I realized your main goal is to create a great resource for everybody's modding activities, it all made much more sense to me.
    Upon reading further I noted that there are also some notable differences to MOS in the intended Campaign game play. I am especially enthusiastic about the intention to lessen the "evil faction steamroll effect" that tends to ruin long lasting, Turtle style MOS campaigns.
    Thanks Veteraan! We're going to be trying with all our might to bring you a compilation just as engaging and "epic" as MOS has been!

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    I was a bit shocked however when I started looking for the meaning of the word "Messers". I finally found something in the "Urban Dictionary" but I don't dare writing what I read there in this post. In fact I'm not even comfortable with providing a link. Ngugi is a moderator after all and he constantly shows us he has "THE POWER".
    Oh dear, I'm afraid I'm not aware of the modern "urban dictionary" use of the word! My mother was from England, so I've got a few old-english terms peppered into my vocabulary from being around that side of my family. Messers as used above is simply a plural use of the "Mr." prefix.
    Last edited by Mank; November 24, 2013 at 04:04 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast