Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1105

Thread: Shogun II Total Realism [Beta 15.10.02 released]

Default Re: Shogun II Total Realism [Beta 15.10.02 released]

At a glance, this mod looks really interesting, I'm just not really sure if I'd be all that into a 1570 start date and 24 turns per year, especially because I'm assuming that startpos changes such as those would make this incompatible with the Expanded Japan mod

I know it's poor form to make requests of modders for what they should put into their own mods, but wouldn't it be easy to release two packs - one for a regular 1545 campaign including all of the realism features, and another with the 1570 start date as well?

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Good day,

all of the unit cards of the new units appear to be just blank white for me. I installed all of the files you said we ought to and don't have any other mods installed at all. Would you perhaps have any idea as to what might be causing this?

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Inkie View Post
    At a glance, this mod looks really interesting, I'm just not really sure if I'd be all that into a 1570 start date and 24 turns per year, especially because I'm assuming that startpos changes such as those would make this incompatible with the Expanded Japan mod
    As much as I love the idea of the expanded map mod, it's simply too cramped. It would be better to port the bigger Boshin map to Shougun 2 and Rise of the Samurai, but unfortunately, nobody is working on that.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel1233 View Post
    all of the unit cards of the new units appear to be just blank white for me.
    There are no unit cards for new units. I'm not a 2D artist.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by Destin Faroda View Post
    As much as I love the idea of the expanded map mod, it's simply too cramped. It would be better to port the bigger Boshin map to Shougun 2 and Rise of the Samurai, but unfortunately, nobody is working on that.

Actually, both ROTS and STW2 maps are bigger than the FOTS map.

Not asking you to use that for your mod though, just to release a version of this mod without the start-date/turns-per-year changes, that way people can combine your mod with other startpos mods they want to use

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Hello, Destin. I've been a long time user of DaVinci's original S2R+ (still playing it to this day, though I modded it a little), and I gave your mod a shot. It's excellent, but I ran into a few issues. The gloss pack is causing my game to freeze on the splash screen. What does the gloss pack contain? And in one of my battles, one of the Takeda cavalry gunners had a weird bug where they would stand up on their horses and go to a T-pose.

Anyway, this is great work and I'm glad to see that you kept DaVinci's realistic vision alive.

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

Hi Destin. Thanks again for lending me those tables for my mod. Unfortunately, something in one of your mod packs has corrupted my game's registry. Shogun 2 will not build on startup. In fact, no mods will work after s2tr. This makes the second time I've uninstalled S2, deleted local content, deleted pertinent files in the roaming/Creative Assembly directory, deleted all but Steam.exe and AppData in the Steam directory, yet still I am only able to play vanilla S2. I've tried three other methods to resolve this, but I've had no luck so far. I've made new .packs for s2tr, still S2 fails to build any combination of s2tr's files.

This is not your fault. I don't think its even s2tr's fault per se. Any number of causes could be the culprit, including a virus embedded during the download. I will keep hunting for a solution, and let you know when I've found one.

I don't know what I deleted the third time that made Shogun 2 happy, but my mods are working again. I haven't tried re-downloading s2tr, so there's no telling what the cause was. I will try and duplicate the environment, then download s2tr again, after I finish and upload the next version of Master of Ambition.
    Last edited by WhiskeySykes; April 17, 2017 at 04:03 PM. Reason: update
    Shogun 2 Mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

moshedz's Avatar Foederatus

My biggest problem with s2tr is that it doesn't use .pack files. If it did, it could be ticked on or off in the mod launcher. As a result, when I uninstall it to go play something else, like this , I would have to first delete the movie files, then have to track down where the remnant files are located [since I can't just tick this mod on or off, dis/enabling its files, it installs itself across the S2 folder]. That usually results in me having to delete my S2 content, except for save files, and then retry. AND THAT SUCKS AND IS A PAIN TO DO FOR JUST ONE MOD.

Not your fault Destin, its just that some/many people like to switch out the mod they are playing. From your standpoint, it is understandable that you probably aren't switching to go play Darthmod, Radious, Master of Ambition, etc, and ergo cannot be used other than a standalone.
    The Best Defense is Bowmen,The Best Offense is Bowmen
    So why aren't all games comprised of just bowmen?
    Yari fanboys.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeySykes View Post
    Hi Destin. Thanks again for lending me those tables for my mod. Unfortunately, something in one of your mod packs has corrupted my game's registry.
    Before you use my mod, you should clean the AppData/Shogun II folder. Delete everything besides maps, scripts, savefiles and advisor_history. After uninstalling my mod, do the same.
    It's a known "feature" of TW games.

Quote Originally Posted by moshedz View Post
    As a result, when I uninstall it to go play something else, like this , I would have to first delete the movie files, then have to track down where the remnant files are located [since I can't just tick this mod on or off, dis/enabling its files, it installs itself across the S2 folder].
    To install my mod, simply drag my files into the shogun II/data folder. Delete the folders in AppData/Shogun II besides advisor_history, saves, maps and scripts.
    To uninstall my mod, drag it into a subfolder or delete the files. Then clean the AppData folder.
    That should get rid of these problems.

Currently, I don't use the special overwrite pack file and if things go on well, I won't even need it. This way, normal pack files might be a possibility in the future.

At the moment, I'm tinkering around with the projectiles. They're either too strong or too weak. I wish _kv_rules would be better documented, but we have to find everything out for ourselves.
    Last edited by Destin Faroda; April 20, 2017 at 04:37 AM.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

Before you use my mod, you should clean the AppData/Shogun II folder. Delete everything besides maps, scripts, savefiles and advisor_history. After uninstalling my mod, do the same.
    It's a known "feature" of TW games.
    Thanks man, I'm kinda late to the Warscape modding scene. I assumed the download didn't compile right, so Shogun 2 couldn't build on startup.
    Shogun 2 Mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Artifex

Modding awards voting period has started. It would be great if you could vote for my mod, although the lack of progress during 2017 and 2016 is rather embarassing.

By the way, does anybody have an idea for good values regarding _kv_rules? My projectiles are either too strong or too weak. It's ridiculous and rather demotivating.
    Last edited by Destin Faroda; May 24, 2017 at 04:12 AM.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

Maybe you could release a limited beta to trial some of the changes, you can tweak the values after input from custom battles. I don't know much about the Napoleonic Total war scene, but is there anything that has been released that is similar to what you want?

Artifex

What I need are optimal values for _kv_rules in order to get realistic projectile behaviour.
    The problem: Shougun II was released after Napoleon and before Rome II.
    - Rome II Total Realism is tailored to the new damage system (weapons and projectiles can cause damage).
    - Napoleon Empire Realism is built around a 3:1 scale and has fewer options than Shougun II.

Yesterday, I found out that these values might be the key to fix my error, but they are undocumented:
    attackpower_extreme_range_multiplier
    attackpower_long_range_multiplier

Other values I'm using:
    armour_melee_penetrating_divisor 1
    armour_melee_piercing_divisor 2
    armour_missile_penetrating_divisor 1
    armour_missile_piercing_divisor 2
    defense_melee_penetrating_divisor 1
    defense_melee_piercing_divisor 1
    defense_missile_penetrating_divisor 1
    defense_missile_piercing_divisor 1
    missile_distance_for_half_chance_hit 0
    missile_distance_for_half_chance_hit_artillery 0
    missile_distance_for_half_chance_hit_naval 0
    projectile_calibration_target_area 1
    projectile_damage_accuracy_multiplier 1
    projectile_damage_armour_divisor 1
    projectile_damage_base_multiplier 1
    projectile_damage_defense_divisor 1
    projectile_damage_distance_multiplier 1
    projectile_damage_shield_divisor 999 (I use shield values for polearm infantry, so it shouldn't be able to block projectiles)

The new morale system is much better than before and some units were even able to reform and get back into the fight.
    Moreover, I slightly increased infantry and cavalry movement speed values and changed the unit radius which probably influences the hitboxes.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

Good to hear that you have made some progress. I have voted for the mod. Feel free to ask if you need assistance with beta testing.

Was interested in a mod that made the game more realistic. . .

Thing is, I can't figure out how to play it! Upkeep costs for ashigaru all seem to be 200 with 6 turn training times, while samurai are 100 upkeep with 2 turn training times. I decided to play as Date and only had an income of 300 when I started. I figured, alright, the mod started me in winter, maybe it wants me to spend the first winter upgrading my towns. . . So I do that, spending all my money on town upgrades, but my income barely increases, so I kept on through for a whole 24 turn year, just upgrading my towns. Again, it doesn't seem to do very much for my income. . . With units so costly to recruit and upkeep, I can't really upgrade my town (for more income) and build an army at the same time. Over in Ugo they only have a fort, garrisoned are a unit of yari ashigaru and bow ashigaru, but their garrison is comprised of two onna bushi, a gun ashigaru, bow ashigaru, handful of other units.

Idk, some tips maybe, I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Oh, also, there is no tech tree? I also start out able to recruit like 3-4 exp units, which isn't the strangest thing, I can also recruit like every type of unit right off the bat. The town building seems to have the market and sake den built into it, while the second building in each province seems to be some sort of, uh. . . Unit cap increaser?

I'm lost -.-;

Artifex

@TheVagabond:
    The mod's still a work in progress and there will be a lot of changes.
    Currently, I'm working on the battle mechanics. Afterwards, I will move on to the campaign part.

I've just had a breakthrough. By setting attackpower_extreme_range_multiplier and attackpower_long_range_multiplier to 1, I got some very nice results. In my oppinion, there is no need to make attacks weaker at maximum and long range. As the game simulates projectiles quite well, they will become more accurate and lethal as the enemy comes closer.
    Arrows are still a bit too weak at maximum range (only killing 1 or 2 armoured kaizoku), but firearms are now much less lethal than before.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

Quote Originally Posted by TheVagabond View Post
    Was interested in a mod that made the game more realistic. . .

Thing is, I can't figure out how to play it!
    As the mods creator said, its still a work in progress and documentation is not one of its strong points, however you can still enjoy an engaging game.

I recommend a Shimazu or Chokosabe campaign. Be aggressive at the start, try to capture at least two provinces before you really start to upgrade, and build economic buildings. Don't assault castles unless you have a massive manpower advantage. Muskets are far stronger, and Cavalry are far more fragile. Musket cavalry are bugged so don't recruit them. Katana units have been correctly removed. Samurai are cheap but small and you have a limit on how many you can recruit, all recruited units start with experience. In general the economic side is far less important, at the moment there is no tech tree for this campaign and most of the units are available from the start. Enjoy and post feedback, the last ten pages of the thread contain more information.

Question, since I don't think I've seen this mentioned.
    Will you be removing clan specific bonuses? Like the upkeep cost reduction for ashigaru for the Oda and No-Dachi bonuses for the Date?

If I remember correctly, troop bonuses like the No-Dachi bonus have been removed. I cant recall if the other bonuses like Tokugawas diplomatic bonus have been removed.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader